Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2010, 06:40   #46
BHPian

Sid,

First of all, thanks for your post. You are doing everyone on this forum a service by highlighting your experiences with this car dealership.

What is obvious is that this dealer has forgotten that the customer is truly the king. Unfortunately, customer service in India is still way behind the U.S. I certainly have had plenty of experiences with rude shopkeepers and poor customer service whether it be cars, water filters, hardware shops, etc. I will just not give my business to anyone that has a bad attitude. In fact I do not mind paying more money for an identical product from a seller that has good customer service.

Keep up the good work and don't stop till either Hyundai fires this dealer or they give you an apology in writing!
RedMM340 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2010, 07:12   #47
Senior - BHPian

@Sid, If I were you, I would have not gone to the same place the second time if I felt unwelcome even the tiny weeny bit - not sure why you went there so many times. My self-respect is more important to me than anything else, be it travelling a few KM back and forth or driving for a while without a tail lamp.

I am not finding faults here when I said the above, nor am I calling on you for telling a prospective Hyundai customer to buy a Linea - you went and clicked the pics in HMP, and yet after that you told your friend to buy another brand instead of buying the Verna from HMP? And why didnt you talk your friend out of buying a Verna in the first place - the current verna is the least desirable car, AFAIAC!
Old 1st August 2010, 07:22   #48
BHPian

Guys,

Here is my take on "Why did Sid went back to Sunrise once again?"

Why shouldn't, as a customer. He is not gone there as their unwanted Guest. Customers are not Guests. So there can't be unwanted customers.

When one brought a car, the user manual lists all the authorised service center, as a part of offer comes with the car and it is commitment. It is the buyer right, I repeat right to choose which service center he needs to go. It is different question, if the service center closes.

Nowhere it says the right of service is reserved, and it can't be. If it were then at the time of selling the car company needs to make it clear on T & C.

Customer is King, period.

regards,
-manju
Old 1st August 2010, 09:30   #49
Senior - BHPian

I do not understand the point of this thread !! If you have a tiff with the dealer, this is no place to make it public. I have been there once and they are quite nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
So the jist of the matter is since Sunrise treated you badly, you will now tell the other person to buy the Fiat Linea when you yourself havent been happy with the quality and the service? What is the point of this thread?
Now you recommend a Linea because the dealer did not let you take a photo of the Verna. I'd say unbeleivable. If he did say no to you, then there must have been serious issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Frankly Speaking, unless the 9 cases on you are proved wrong, you have no right to bash them. You abusing and using derogatory language to others is as bad as what has been done to you.
Well, the letter is just not handcrafted by the employee of sunshine. Remember he has marked a copy to Hyundai. They just do not mark letters to the company without thinking twice. They have issues with you and they are only putting ahead their side of the story which may be true and maybe false just like yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Sid,

By creating this thread you have opened a goalpost with no goal keeper. I just have one thing to say, you are really thick skinned to go there and click pics after such a bad episode with them, even if that was the last transform on the face of earth and even if it was not for a friend and for my own dad i would still avoid them. And guess what pics of "silver Transform" is freely available on the wonder called internet, and trust me no one is from Timbuktu to believe that your friend who wants to buy a car asks you for pics(if buying cars was so easy) and since you told him the whole incidence he now wants to buy a Silver Linea? Good one. I hardly know anyone, who had heard of someone who has so many problems with anyone that you had with sunrise Hyundai. This is not a place for washing dirty linen in public.

Peace , and please avoid them.

Pramod
Absolutely right, I think Sid just tested their limit and patience when going there again. I beleive sid's part when he says they were not happy to see him, infact upset and angry they were - well I would be if I was the dealer. Someone who has had so many problems with you, you would not like entertaining him. Well delhi alone has countless showroms and you can go elsewhere. Its not like you are in Agra and have only 2-3 dealers.

And pics of the transform are easily available. In fact call them, they'd send a TD vehicle for you to photoshoot / drive / whatever in a few hours.

And I really like your friend, he takes your word and goes for a Linea now
Old 1st August 2010, 10:32   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Sid,

By creating this thread you have opened a goalpost with no goal keeper. I just have one thing to say, you are really thick skinned to go there and click pics after such a bad episode with them, even if that was the last transform on the face of earth and even if it was not for a friend and for my own dad i would still avoid them. And guess what pics of "silver Transform" is freely available on the wonder called internet, and trust me no one is from Timbuktu to believe that your friend who wants to buy a car asks you for pics(if buying cars was so easy) and since you told him the whole incidence he now wants to buy a Silver Linea? Good one. I hardly know anyone, who had heard of someone who has so many problems with anyone that you had with sunrise Hyundai. This is not a place for washing dirty linen in public.

Peace , and please avoid them.

Pramod
Couldnt have put it better myself, especially the part in bold.
Old 1st August 2010, 12:02   #51
Senior - BHPian

First of all if i was in your place i would'nt have gone AGAIN to that dealer!
Second i would have rather given the link of Verna transform thread or asked your friend to search pics online/go to another showroom instead of going to the SAME showroom to click pics. I sincerely hope you havent done anything wrong to the dealer , but why would a dealer find 9 points against you! Just take a chill pill instead and not visit that showroom again!

P.S : Tell your friend to wait for Vento
Old 1st August 2010, 12:44   #52
BHPian

I just want to say, I have gone through the entire thread before forming an opinion on the matter. Simply put, your tenacity at wanting to visit them for whatever reasons has not helped matters.

Just avoid them Sid, not worth the effort considering things have already reached a point where folks are ready to put in a mail all i.e. in a bid to not provide any service to you. There is absolutely no reason why you should be visiting a place which mis-treats you. The other disgusting bit is how the AGM responded to your presence, no matter how much he hates you and for whatever reasons. It's his duty to be respectful (least of all) to the customer, no matter what...period ! No matter what somebody says, he is representing Hyundai while providing services hence he has no business being rude.

Off topic but good work with the scoops SID, appreciate them...! Let this thread and stuff in it not discourage you from all the good work!
Old 1st August 2010, 13:34   #53
BANNED

Sid

Why are you burning your blood for stupid service center. If they are really bad towards customer , they will certainly repay in due course of time!

If i would have been in your place, i would have leave them alone to die their own death and not wasting my precious time and resources.
Old 1st August 2010, 15:14   #54
Senior - BHPian

Fact of the matter is that, If you were dissatisfied with them so much. What is the point of going there again and again.

Take my case. When i bought TATA 1510 from Lexicon, Siliguri, We had battery problem within the first month. They refused to address the case, so my lawyer filed a case. We won.

After that I never went there for even schedule service. The subsequent vehicle we bought were from down south kolkatta, even it meant to drive 700kms up.
Old 1st August 2010, 16:51   #55
BHPian

Hey Sid

I am planning for an I10, Giving me a company to Sunrise showroom???
Just joking

On serious note, I personally feel that the letter from Sunrise was kiddish of them. Thanks to people with moolah and no time no one cares what happing to their vehicle in the service bay and we the over enthu guyz need to take the burn.

Why dont u take this matter with Hyundai and why not reply to their letter with CC to Hyundai saying acknowledging their mail and strongly refusing the claims and rather threatning them of legal consequences for the defamation unless they give an unconditional apologies. be scarstic in your reply e.g : "Dear Mr. AGM , the Sid that you are referring to in your letter is no one but my son. You might have not intereacted with him for over an hour or two but we know him in and out for over XX years" ...
Old 1st August 2010, 16:53   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

If I was Sid, I wouldn't have set foot in there, either.

It's also true to say that no business is obliged to serve a customer, or even allow them on the premises. And it's true that there are some customers that are just not wanted back: haven't all of us experienced that in our professional lives?

That said, the behaviour of this business seems to have been childish and unprofessional from the beginning. It might be that an individual employee hates Sid: to allow that to show is unprofessional. It is just stupid. Management should deal with that.
Old 1st August 2010, 17:43   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Fact of the matter is that, If you were dissatisfied with them so much. What is the point of going there again and again.

Take my case. When i bought TATA 1510 from Lexicon, Siliguri, We had battery problem within the first month. They refused to address the case, so my lawyer filed a case. We won.

After that I never went there for even schedule service. The subsequent vehicle we bought were from down south kolkatta, even it meant to drive 700kms up.
Don't we have Bajla Motors for service? Even Malda should be having one and for sure, now you can get service at my place.

^Have suffered in the hands of Lexicon and missed my flight.
Old 1st August 2010, 17:56   #58
Senior - BHPian

I totally support Sid on this one if whatever sid has written is true (about sunrise & their false allegations on him).

1) if hyundai or sunrise claimed that the i20 pics were not to be disclosed, they should have kept it hidden on camouflaged. since the car was not covered, whats wrong if sid took some pics? still, on insistence from hyundai, sid removed the pics & also wrote an apology. so that matter ends there.

2) if my car is given to a workshop & they have done some shoddy work, i would of course be careful the next time. i understand entry into the workshop & clicking pics is prohibited but i personally feel that is just to hide the goof ups these technicians do on our cars. leaving that aside, why cant i click pics of our own cars? what are they trying to hide???

3) an A.S.S under any circumstances cannot refuse to repair or service their brand's car. this is not the roadside "pappu's" garage where they can deny any service. whatever problems Sunrise has with Sid does not count here. since sid's car is a hyundai & since Sunrise is Hyundai's A.S.S, they are bound to repair his car. Also, they have no rights to ask a customer to "get out" & use any objectionable language. Also, why should SID go to any other A.S.S? infact, he can go to any A.S.S whichever is convenient to him.

4) Since verna was officially released, why did the salesman object to clicking pics? if at all he wanted to object, why did he insult Sid & why call the security?

Overall, this has left a very bad impression of the A.S.S in my mind. i dont know who is at fault but this kind of behavior of the A.S.S's staff is not at all justifiable. If i have in sid's place, i would have lost my temper & had a huge argument with the staff. Also, i wont end this matter at a smaller level, especially since i was humiliated. Apart from that, i would not recommend sunrise hyundai to anybody but i would have no problems with hyundai cars as such.

Sid, i feel you did the right thing by posting your experiences here.
Old 1st August 2010, 18:26   #59
Senior - BHPian

It is astonishing to notice some people supporting the dealer and criticizing Sid for the write up. Why should he not go there? How can they ban him for taking photographs of a car or workshop? Is this DRDO or ISRO or some institution where some sensitive work is going on and tresspassers will be prosecuted. Looking this from another angle. You have purchased a car from manufacturer who has a single dealer in your city and if they don't like you, What you are going to do? Will you give the same advice not to visit the dealer again?
Old 1st August 2010, 18:36   #60
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

IMO sid is not at fault here. Being a customer, he has all rights to go to any showroom even though he would have been insulted there. Its not about a silver Verna Transform, but here sid is giving an important note to us BHPians by sharing his experience. He is a distinguished BHPian and ever since I'm into Team-BHP, I'm just glued on to his awesome scoops and reviews.
Sid, I feel you were absolutely correct on your part.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks