Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2012, 13:39   #16
BHPian

Re: Bad experience with Dakshin Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt View Post
Hi arunksaral,
I appreciate you sharing the feedback on this forum. And yes, going through such problems, due to the unreliable dealerships of a reliable brand like Honda, can be very tough.

I am planning to buy a Honda Jazz and will be choosing Dakshin, because the wait period is months, whereas in Magnum and Whitefield it is 4 months. They are not giving any discounts though, which is surprising. I wish I dont go through similar problems with Dakshin.
Congratulations Harry for planning for a new Jazz. It's really a good vehicle and personally I too love it.

For the problems that we face with dealership, what I have realized is that, changing the dealership is not a solution that too when we have limited options. We have to take an initiative to fight for what is right. Since Honda people are sitting over the dealerships, we can still raise our voice for the right thing.

Go ahead with Dakshin Honda, but be careful when you take the delivery of your new Jazz as well as whenever you take delivery after each and every service in future. You have to be extra careful. Good Luck.

Thanks,
Arun
arunksaral is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 14:33   #17
BHPian

I saw that its been more than a year since the last post, so I was doubting if anyone is following this thread, but am surprised to see your quick response. It shows the extent to which you care about this issue and how much you've been through.

Thanks Arun for your wishes.
Yes I take this as a valuable input when you say "changing the dealership is not a solution that too when we have limited options. We have to take an initiative to fight for what is right. Since Honda people are sitting over the dealerships, we can still raise our voice for the right thing."
I am not a techy when it comes to automobiles, but this forum has been very helpful. I will do a PDI before taking the delivery, and will be extra cautious.

Thanks!

Last edited by harryskt : 23rd April 2012 at 14:34.
Old 24th April 2012, 11:26   #18
BHPian

It was a nightmare dealing with Dakshin Honda service people for all these. But eventually I've learned my way to deal with them.

Now a days I pray that things should be as smooth as possible so that I don't have to fall into any of these things again.

Since Dakshin is close to my house, it is my preferred dealership and I am continuing with them for any further service and repairs.

Anyways, Have you booked your Jazz? What color and model you are going for and when is the expected delivery?
Old 24th April 2012, 11:35   #19
BANNED

Arun; Ironically you should get better service from them since they know you are customer who raises stink if things are not done properly. I must say I have found Honda A$$ better then those of Maruti and Hyundai. One think seems to be universal - too optimistic a time estimate.
Old 24th April 2012, 12:00   #20
BHPian

Arun,

i did buy my car from Dakshin. To my knowledge and experience, none of the Honda dealer are good. All are pretty bad.

I got my car serviced recently at Magnum. I am not de grading anybody here, but except the guy ( Shetty), none of them are good. All of them are half baked and the dealership absolutely doesn't have any kind of presentation and approach whatsoever.

Inspite of having an appointment, i was made to wait for solid 60 mins. i had to scream my head off to hear me out. One should see the staff at Magnum at Kanakapura road to believe it. They seem to be getting staff to just to fill vacancies. After all these issues, the car is given saying that washing is not done properly.

all said and done, there is no hope for Honda on the whole, if they dont relook and amend the ways they work.
Old 24th April 2012, 12:20   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Arun; Ironically you should get better service from them since they know you are customer who raises stink if things are not done properly. I must say I have found Honda A$$ better then those of Maruti and Hyundai. One think seems to be universal - too optimistic a time estimate.
I definitely agree to your views and I do get better service at times but only when the service adviser is same for couple of consecutive services.

But the rate at which Service Managers, Body Shop managers and Service Advisers change here is very high. Every six months the Service Manager and Body Shop Managers are recycled here.

I have been dealing with Dakshin for past 6+ yrs now for 2 Cars (2002 VTech and 2007 VTech). I personally know lot of good staff who worked at Dakshin earlier. But Dakshin is not able to retain them for long.

Dakshin wants volume and not the quality. I know of a person who was earlier a sales representative at Honda Accessories at Dakshin for past 4 yrs (not to quote any names here). Since they are falling short of staff they recruited him as a Service Adviser. Not sure whether they have the qualifications or not. I seriously have a doubt if they are properly trained also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Arun,

i did buy my car from Dakshin. To my knowledge and experience, none of the Honda dealer are good. All are pretty bad.

I got my car serviced recently at Magnum. I am not de grading anybody here, but except the guy ( Shetty), none of them are good. All of them are half baked and the dealership absolutely doesn't have any kind of presentation and approach whatsoever.

Inspite of having an appointment, i was made to wait for solid 60 mins. i had to scream my head off to hear me out. One should see the staff at Magnum at Kanakapura road to believe it. They seem to be getting staff to just to fill vacancies. After all these issues, the car is given saying that washing is not done properly.

all said and done, there is no hope for Honda on the whole, if they dont relook and amend the ways they work.
Long waiting time and Car not washed properly is one of the very common things that happen at every Honda dealership. After few cries the customer gets adjusted to their way of working

You should report this to them when you take the delivery or when they call for feedback and make sure the negative comments that you give enter into their system. Sometimes they won't enter the negative comments into the system which is a way to track the customer's history on issues. Once this is done, you can raise it to them next time when you give your car for service. Also if your car is not washed properly then you can get a complementary wash next time when you pass by.

I too have had bad experience on the same issues at Dakshin many times earlier. Now I have changed my way.

Whenever I get the car serviced from Dakshin I run it for 2-3 days till the extra oil/polish on the exterior of car catches dust. Then I wash the car myself or get is washed at 3M car care in HSR Layout. 3M's washing quality is far better than these dealerships washing.

I guess Maruti is one step ahead of Honda and others atleast in Bangaore (not sure about other cities). Instead of dealership calling for the feedback on the car service, Maruti people call for the feedback. This makes the dealership to be extra careful during the delivery and service of car.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th May 2012 at 00:42. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 15:52   #22
BANNED

arun; I get a call from Honda after every job! My experience with Maruti (I have not owned one for 25 years now) was terrible. Hyundai was also Ok.

I am surprised since the local Honda concessionaire is basically a Booze magnate and this dealership is a sideline, still I get good service. I guess a lot depends on the dealership. I have got the same SA from the six month point onwards.
Old 24th April 2012, 17:56   #23
Team-BHP Support

I had very high hopes of Dakshin when we moved the Crv to them from Whitefield Honda. But last few services, apart from very high bills, never got any proper resolution or help from them, both on the job required as well as the parts required.

I feel they are just busy fleecing new customers and don't want to really waste time on older vehicles.

Customer service side is prompt with service reminders, the moment i mention waiting for parts confirmation from their end, phone gets cut with standard reply "will get back".

They have been getting back for last 2 months plus i guess Waiting for a new dealer to open now in BLR.
Old 26th April 2012, 06:38   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunksaral
Anyways, Have you booked your Jazz? What color and model you are going for and when is the expected delivery?
Yes I have booked my Jazz (Basic variant and Black color) this Week, with Dakshin. Expecting delivery by early June.

Few more things about Dakshin Honda dealership here in BLR:
- I get calls from Dakshin Honda asking me for feedback. And i dont think these feedbacks are seriously taken. The last one was for feedback about my booking experience. I tell them that I had called the SA to ask him not to put any sticker on my car, but he didn't answer the phone. Then this lady on the phone says she will let the appropriate person know about it and I will get a call back. It's been 3 days, neither did the SA (He must have seen my missed call on his cell) nor the feedback back agent has called me. He used to rerun my calls promptly before I booked my car with them.

- I had once asked this SA about his work experience and studies and he said that he is a graduate and had worked with a BPO for 6 months and now he is with Dakshin, for he last 5 months. So totally not even one year work ex..The SA's there couldn't answer some basic questions about the car's features and the govt rules like Road tax. Now I know the reason.

The beginning of my deal with Dakshin is like this, I dont know what's in store when I get my Jazz delivered in June.

- But one plus with this SA is - his English is decent and behaves a bit more professionally than his colleagues. May be his BPO experience has helped here.

Arun,
I think we should start a new dedicated thread where all Dakshin Honda BLR customers can share their positive and negative experiences.

Last edited by mobike008 : 25th May 2012 at 15:21. Reason: Rule # 5b
Old 23rd May 2012, 17:53   #25
BHPian

FYI all
I have cancelled my booking with Dakshin and will be taking the delivery of my car this Friday, from another dealer.
Old 23rd May 2012, 18:02   #26
BHPian

7 years owning an OHC and 6 years owning the V6 accord. Every tiny thing handled by Whitefield Honda. Highly recommended. Delays are inevitable in all service centers, but these guys are careful with the cars.

Sold the accord to a friend who still goes to Whitefield Honda and is satisfied with them.
Old 23rd May 2012, 18:10   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
7 years owning an OHC and 6 years owning the V6 accord. Every tiny thing handled by Whitefield Honda. Highly recommended. Delays are inevitable in all service centers, but these guys are careful with the cars.

Sold the accord to a friend who still goes to Whitefield Honda and is satisfied with them.
My car is due for service, I was again planning to give it to Dakshin this time. But after you post I'm will definitely consider going to Whitefield Honda this time.

Thanks for your feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt View Post
FYI all
I have cancelled my booking with Dakshin and will be taking the delivery of my car this Friday, from another dealer.
I think I would have done the same if I would have been in your situation. IMO it's a better option.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th May 2012 at 17:26.
Old 10th November 2014, 13:39   #28
BHPian

Sorry for pulling out a pretty old thread. But just wanted to understand the present state of Honda dealership experiences.

I have a Manza Quadrajet for over 4 years. I have an idea to replace my Manza with another sedan in the same segment.

After considerable research, i have zeroed on Amaze Diesel. But these stories of Honda dealership makes be worry more. What is the point in having a good car, when you don't get a proper service for the same!!!!

I sometimes feel tata service is better here in Bangalore, at least KHT motors is ok compared to others.

I had called Magnum Honda in Kanakapura road and Dakshin Honda in Hosur road a couple of days back to enquire about the on-road price of Amaze. I immediately got a call back from Dakshin, but no one from Magnum has called me till today.

Can someone share their recent experiences with the Honda dealerships in Bangalore in terms of the quality of service etc.

Last edited by rki2007 : 10th November 2014 at 13:44.
Old 4th February 2015, 11:20   #29
BANNED

Recently I visited the new Dakshin Service at Magrath road. Coming down from Mayo hall towards Garuda Mall, turn right after the office of the fire chief. If I remember rightly, this was a GM dealer earlier.

Anyway its a very good change for me after the other service centers. It is not at all crowded. Because of that the staff are able to give proper attention to your vehicle.

The service rep John was excellent in all aspects. He knew the exact technical issues which need fixing and which did not. Then he got my OHC done to my exact requirements, fixing small niggles I had mentioned. He did not try to loot customers like I have experienced at every other Honda service center in Bangalore.

Since my car is over 13 years old it required some non essential spares. He ordered them from the factory somewhere. Called me after 3 weeks and I am very pleased with the vehicle.

If someone from Dakshin is reading, I suggest you give him a good bonus amount to retain him. I dont know his last name. Tall thin chap.
Old 6th February 2015, 19:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangover View Post
Recently I visited the new Dakshin Service at Magrath road. Coming down from Mayo hall towards Garuda Mall, turn right after the office of the fire chief. If I remember rightly, this was a GM dealer earlier.
Thanks for sharing this info - I have booked an appointment with this service center. They have not listed the address/phone number anywhere - had to call regular Dakshin and get the details. Not sure of the directions yet - the person on the phone said its near HM Towers on Magrath Road.

Any other landmarks that you can share?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks