Old 12th November 2011, 17:00   #46
BHPian

Re: VW- Service centre - Chennai - Service Feedback updated

Bala. , thanks for the info...ramesh
Old 31st October 2012, 19:03   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80
No problem rameshsar. I just sent an email to you with all the details you would need.

If you need more information from my side, feel free to write back to me.
Dear Bala. My friends status is also similar to ramesh's.Friend booked vento TDI (refreshed) and now they are asking to take old vento with their own color choice.They are not giving refund also or giving senior persons contacts.They are going back on the discounts too and saying new refreshed vento will be delivered in jan2013.

Please help if possible
Old 22nd November 2012, 12:15   #48
BHPian

Madras Ventopians need your help here.I am planning to upgrade the headlights of my Vento(when it arrives) to Osram 100/80 with relay.I might also upgarde the stock speakers.(Stock HU)

Have you had any warranty related issues with either Sundaram or Abra regarding these modifications??Any recent feedback on Abra Motors service??Their new showroom on Mount Road is impressive!!

Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 16:13   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Their new showroom on Mount Road is impressive!!
How many of us fall for good looking showroom. For any after market relay etc, please work with the mechanic and electrician and check if they can help. Warranty is needed only when things go kaput out of bad electrical work. Also the warranty on electrical parts may go but overal vehicle warranty stays good.

Any cuts to the wires will raise a question so its better to take there, meet a SA, convince him and get it done.

I would say, visit the sundaram centre. They have some understanding SA's
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 11:12   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
How many of us fall for good looking showroom. For any after market relay etc, please work with the mechanic and electrician and check if they can help. Warranty is needed only when things go kaput out of bad electrical work. Also the warranty on electrical parts may go but overal vehicle warranty stays good.

Any cuts to the wires will raise a question so its better to take there, meet a SA, convince him and get it done.

I would say, visit the sundaram centre. They have some understanding SA's
The car will be driven through the Vandalur-Kelambakkam road daily which IMHO needs a good pair of headlights.I'm planning to get the headlights upgraded as soon as the car arrives.Now adding a relay doesn't involve cutting wires so I should be fine right??That's what my sales person at Abra Motors indicated.

Anybody with upgraded speakers here??Any precautions I should take while installing??
Old 29th November 2012, 07:40   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy

Dear Bala. My friends status is also similar to ramesh's.Friend booked vento TDI (refreshed) and now they are asking to take old vento with their own color choice.They are not giving refund also or giving senior persons contacts.They are going back on the discounts too and saying new refreshed vento will be delivered in jan2013.

Please help if possible
Dear Joshguy - My sincere apologies for missing this post. I have moved out of the country 6 months ago and rarely check the forum these days. If you still need some help do let me know, but I'm not too sure how many of the old guys would still be there. I would have the details if you need though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI
Madras Ventopians need your help here.I am planning to upgrade the headlights of my Vento(when it arrives) to Osram 100/80 with relay.I might also upgarde the stock speakers.(Stock HU)

Have you had any warranty related issues with either Sundaram or Abra regarding these modifications??Any recent feedback on Abra Motors service??Their new showroom on Mount Road is impressive!!

Thanks
My car had an aftermarket 2 DIN system with sub woofers, amplifiers etc. I never had any issue as long as I had it and I used to deal with sundaram. As long as the installation is done properly and appropriate adapters are used, no one can void anything, I used to stay away from abra, though I bought my car from them. They were nothing but a bunch of crooks. I don't know how they are right now, but don't expect them to be any different now.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 18:21   #52
BHPian

There is an advertisement in today's (27 May 2013) Chennai edition of 'The Hindu' by VW Group.

The Advert states that VW Showroom and service center in Anna Nagar, Chennai is being shut down due to infrastructure and accessibility issues. Sales and service is being diverted to other dealerships operated by Abra and Sundaram Motors.

Wonder if this is due to poor service standards.
Old 27th May 2013, 22:16   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

My newspaper seems to have got chucked out, but wasn't it an Abra showroom that is closed down, and Abra on Anna Salai is still listed as functioning --- and their service place is out in Ambattur somewhere.
Old 27th May 2013, 22:29   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti View Post
There is an advertisement in today's (27 May 2013) Chennai edition of 'The Hindu' by VW Group.

The Advert states that VW Showroom and service center in Anna Nagar, Chennai is being shut down due to infrastructure and accessibility issues. Sales and service is being diverted to other dealerships operated by Abra and Sundaram Motors.

I believe it is more due to the construction of Metro in that area I.e. 2nd avenue. Right now the road there is extremely narrow and they cann9t have cars standing on the road nor can the customers acess it easily.
Old 27th May 2013, 22:47   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
My newspaper seems to have got chucked out, but wasn't it an Abra showroom that is closed down, and Abra on Anna Salai is still listed as functioning --- and their service place is out in Ambattur somewhere.
Yes, both the Anna Nagar (Closed) and Anna Salai showrooms are owned by Abra.
Old 27th May 2013, 23:03   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti View Post

The VW showroom in annanagar does have accessibility issues due to ongoing metro work, in fact there is no place to park a car as the roads have become narrow. I think the showroom is bang opposite to the makeshift bus stand.
Old 27th May 2013, 23:33   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Sounds like it is really a simple matter of "infrastructure and accessibility" issues then.

Don't know why VW had to make such a big deal of it in the ad: it creates a bad impression.
Old 28th May 2013, 15:32   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93000BHP View Post

I believe it is more due to the construction of Metro in that area I.e. 2nd avenue. Right now the road there is extremely narrow and they cann9t have cars standing on the road nor can the customers acess it easily.

When I purchased my car a month ago,i was told that the Annanagar showroom would be closed soon due to poor sales. Infact my SE mentioned there are possibilities that the Anna Salai showroom could be closed too
Old 16th July 2014, 23:38   #59
BHPian

As per VW website, it seems there are 3 service stations in Chennai as on now. How about the current service quality of each one and especially the last (KUN) one which is near to my place? Need advice and feedback from current owners.

Volkswagen Chennai
No: 80, Southern Avenue,
Ambattur Industrial Estate,
Ambattur.
Chennai - 600 058

Volkswagen Mount Road
sundaram motors
7, whites road
Chennai - 6000014

Volkswagen Madras
Kun Capital Motors P Ltd
No 13, Atco Colony Road,
I Street, Thillaiganga Nagar,
Alandur, Chennai.
Chennai - 600016
Old 24th July 2014, 22:10   #60
BHPian

Any feedback on my last post above? Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks