Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2011, 15:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW- Service centre - Chennai - Service Feedback updated

Vishnu.csk - There is a forum member with handle SR-71 who has booked his Vento with Sundaram motors chennai. I suggest you please PM him this query.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu.csk View Post
Guys

I am planning to buy a Polo 1.6 from Sundaram motors. Have had couple of calls with them regarding that.

Spoke with a couple of persons who told they will call back but didnt turn up. But there is another guy there who is regularly following up.

Can any of you guys post your service and buying experiences from Sundaram motors.
Old 8th August 2011, 17:58   #32
BHPian

Thanks dude. I will PM and check with him

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Vishnu.csk - There is a forum member with handle SR-71 who has booked his Vento with Sundaram motors chennai. I suggest you please PM him this query.
Old 23rd August 2011, 18:15   #33
BHPian

Is there any compulsion to give the car to the dealer you bought. I bought it at Abra, but can it be serviced at Sundaram (1st service).
Thanks !
Old 23rd August 2011, 18:19   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any compulsion to give the car to the dealer you bought. I bought it at Abra, but can it be serviced at Sundaram (1st service).
Thanks !
Old 14th September 2011, 15:19   #35

I thought I should update you all after I got my car serviced. Here is my experience.

Before, I gave my car for service post enquiring with Abra Motors from where I bought my VW Jetta last year around the same time.
The sales person who sold me the car was sort of polished in saying may be they are still not ready with their new service station
and it is better for me to look else where.

By the way, there is a nice feature in the VW Jetta (a spanner appears on the display everytime you start your vehicle) that reminds
you about the service. I understand from the service guys that this a counter that they reset everytime they service the car.

I called up Sundaram Motors which is the only other option available at Chennai and was pleasantly surprised to hear that they were
ready to take my car for service the next day.

I reached the service station at around 10.30 am in the morning and it took them about an hour plus to take my car for service. They
need a copy of the RC book, the original RC book for service. The service advisor did a okay job of explaining what they will do
during the first service of the car and told me that it will cost me approximately 14500 INR plus taxes.

He also tried to sell a number of value adds (normal, but I thought here the guy was little pushy, may be they are incentivised) like
Teflon coating, interior car wash etc., I chose to do the interior wash.

He told me the car would be ready the next day, which I was okay with.

The next day evening he called me up at 4.30 PM in the evening and wanted me to pick up the car before 5.30 PM (that's when they close).
I chose to pick it up the next day.

The next day I reached the service station at around 12.00 PM, the service advisor was around, he told me that my vehicle was ready,
ran around here and there to get the paperwork done and by the time I made my payment was about 45 mins spent at the service station.

After the payment, he showed me the car, I was a little disappointed with the work that they had done, the carpet was not clean, the
seats (despite the interior wash for which they charged me a 1000 RS) was dusty and the dash had not been cleaned at all. They made me
wait for about 30 mins to get the cleaning done, it was a shoddy job post that as well.

They didn't do the wheel balancing work since they ran out of weights that they use for the balancing machine was what the service
advisor told me. Again, was apolegetic, but I have to take my car again to get that done.

Finally, when I was about to leave, the service advisor told me that he will be happy to rectify any problem that I find and that
VW may call me to take feedback!

Overall, I think it is a lot better than Abra (that was a nightmarish experience when I went to get my music system replaced
during the warranty period), a lot more professional (but not yet there), but I am not sure if they are charging right. They charged me 15000
INR for the first service (wheel balancing costs approx 450 RS was what I was told) for the first service.

I would like to hear from others about their experience with Sundaram and also about Abra when their new service station opens. I was told
that the puja for the Abra service station is supposed to happen in another two weeks.

thanks,
crsvasan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 21:15   #36
Senior - BHPian

I second your thoughts there. Their customer service is decent while cleaning up service is absolutely shoddy. They keep your car for a couple of days for various things but never even bother to vacuum or just wipe the outside before delivering it.

I still remember my Swift getting home shiney and clean even for a simple horn replacement.

I am waiting to get a call regarding feedback and i will let them know that its not right if they cannot even clean the car before delivery.

But got to say that the 3M guys in that centre do a tremendrous job of paint correction and cleaning up. Worth every rupee.
Old 20th September 2011, 14:50   #37

I thought I should update you all after I got my car serviced. Here is my experience:

ABRA motors (from where I bought my car): Before, I gave my car for service post enquiring with Abra Motors from where I bought my VW Jetta last year around the same time. The sales person who sold me the car was sort of polished in saying may be they are still not ready with their new service station and it is better for me to look else where.

SUNDARAM VW SERVICE:

I called up Sundaram Motors which is the only other option available at Chennai and was pleasantly surprised to hear that they were
ready to take my car for service the next day.

I reached the service station at around 10.30 am in the morning and it took them about an hour plus to take my car for service. They need a copy of the RC book, the original RC book for service. The service advisor did a okay job of explaining what they will do during the first service of the car and told me that it will cost me approximately 14500 INR plus taxes.

He also tried to sell a number of value adds (normal, but I thought here the guy was little pushy, may be they are incentivised) like Teflon coating, interior car wash etc., I chose to do the interior wash.

He told me the car would be ready the next day, which I was okay with.

The next day evening he called me up at 4.30 PM in the evening and wanted me to pick up the car before 5.30 PM (that's when they close).
I chose to pick it up the next day.

It took about 45 mins to get the payment done and after the payment, he showed me the car, I was a little disappointed with the work that they had done, the carpet was not clean, the seats (despite the interior wash for which they charged me a 1000 RS) was dusty and the dash had not been cleaned at all. They made me wait for about 30 mins to get the cleaning done, it was a shoddy job post that as well.

They didn't do the wheel balancing work since they ran out of weights that they use for the balancing machine was what the service advisor told me. Again, was apolegetic, but I have to take my car again to get that done.

Finally, when I was about to leave, the service advisor told me that he will be happy to rectify any problem that I find and that VW may call me to take feedback!

Overall, I think it is a lot better than Abra (that was a nightmarish experience when I went to get my music system replaced during the warranty period), a lot more professional (but not yet there), but I am not sure if they are charging right. They charged me 15000 INR for the first service (wheel balancing costs approx 450 RS was what I was told) for the first service.

I would like to hear from others about their experience with Sundaram and also about Abra when their new service station opens. I was told
that the puja for the Abra service station is supposed to happen in another two weeks.
Old 10th October 2011, 09:31   #38
BHPian

I recently went to the volkswagen showroom on Mount Road to check out the passat.Unfortunately they did not have a brochure to give me as i did not commit any time to purchase the car..Is this a one in a million happening or has it happened to anyone else?
Old 10th October 2011, 09:39   #39
BHPian

Dear Friends ,please suggest which volkswagen showroom is better in terms of sales and aftersales service in chennai?
Old 10th October 2011, 11:09   #40
Senior - BHPian

@Charan23,

Take sometime to read this thread. The user feedback on both Abra and SUndaram is available here. Few of us have moved to Sundaram for their professional approach while few of us have sticked with Abra.

IMHO it just depends on your day and relationship with a specific service station.

I am sticking with Sundaram for i have made few freinds there and my struts are going for warranty replacement. So have gained a lot of confidence on them.
VW2010 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 07:38   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@Charan23,

Take sometime to read this thread. The user feedback on both Abra and SUndaram is available here. Few of us have moved to Sundaram for their professional approach while few of us have sticked with Abra.

IMHO it just depends on your day and relationship with a specific service station.

I am sticking with Sundaram for i have made few freinds there and my struts are going for warranty replacement. So have gained a lot of confidence on them.
Hi Charan,, Can you PM me your contact at Sundaram. I could use them for my service needs. Also Sundaram is nearer than ABRA for me to get my car serviced
Old 11th November 2011, 07:45   #42
BHPian

In reference to the VW delars in chennai, I would like to state here that last year I had gone to both ABRA and Sundaram requesting a TD for the Polo Diesel. Both responded that they will send a car during the weekend and took down my address and contact. Nothing happened in spite of my reminders.
Last year I suppose the demand for these cars were high

This year in September when I again went to them for a TD there was immediate response and I was quite surprised. Finally I bought my car from ABRA. However ,my experience with them was not too good. I would never again go to them. I wrote a mail to their Management expressing my unhappiness and the problems I faced during my purchase but they have not bothered to reply inspite of my reminders. That shows their customer attitude.

If anyone here knows anyone in their senior management please let me know
Old 11th November 2011, 17:04   #43
Senior - BHPian

I cannot PM you the details due to your status. Please give me your email address and I shall provide you the details that you had asked for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshsar View Post
If anyone here knows anyone in their senior management please let me know
Old 12th November 2011, 06:54   #44
BHPian

Hi Bala

Thanks. My email I'd is rameshsar@gmail.com

Thanks once again
Old 12th November 2011, 11:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

No problem rameshsar. I just sent an email to you with all the details you would need.

If you need more information from my side, feel free to write back to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshsar View Post
Hi Bala

Thanks. My email I'd is rameshsar@gmail.com

Thanks once again

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks