Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2011, 23:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore : Southern Motors Mitsubishi Dealership Closed. Service experience at SVR

Had gone in for my 90K service to ASC (colocated with India Garage). Southern Motors have closed their showroom a month or so back, I learnt from Laxmikanth.
The service center itself will close in a month or so - that includes not only Mitsubishi section but the Mahindra and HM portions too according to him.
They have only one SA and short of mechanics, spare parts and don't have synthetic oil etc due to close down mode :-( Even advised me to go to SVR Mitsubishi in Hosur road, which I had to do finally (had just changed to synthetic 8k back, and had no intention of going mineral now)

Apparently, whole IG workshop will be developed as a mall.

So, now HM-Mitsubishi with their rather dismal sales, have
* Ars Pacifica - new dealer also on St. Marks Road - no service station
* SVR Motors - Bommanhalli, Hosur Road - independent A.S.S.

Dealership and A.S.S. as separate entities - apparently, no one wanted to invest in both facilities as returns are a long shot ?

Sigh...
Old 13th March 2011, 23:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore : Southern Motors Mitsubishi Dealership Closed. Service experience at SVR

I have not seen a new Cedia in Ahmedabad for sometime now. Also, many like me have stopped getting the cars serviced at the A. S. S. due to lethargic attitude and suspected malpractices.
Old 15th March 2011, 22:42   #3

re: Bangalore : Southern Motors Mitsubishi Dealership Closed. Service experience at SVR

Yikes, Southern motors has closed too. It was my fall-back option to get my car serviced. I wonder where some of their engineers and mechanics shifted to.
I remember some of the Lathangi ones shifted to Carnation, briefly.
Anyway, scanning the landscape for a worthwhile mechanic/shop for my lancer has become chore now :-/
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:15   #4
BHPian

ASC guys told me some malaysian company is coming up with service center in next 2 months.

Any feedback on SVR motors?
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:18   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

this is not so good news!
so whats going to happen to that lovely St Marks Road setup then?
and to the Service setup in Victoria road?

are they getting sold off to some evil real estate goon so that he can break the place down, cut all the trees and present us poor bangaloreans with a few more glass and steel monstrosities?

or are the dealerships/ service centres changing hands in terms of ownership?

or are they moving on from M&M and Mitsubishi to a more modern perhaps International marque?
Old 23rd March 2011, 17:59   #6
BHPian

Very sad hear that oldest HM dealership has givenup. Can anyone let me know the quality of service at the new service dealership? I have my Cedia to be serviced. Hope all the spare parts are there.
Old 23rd March 2011, 18:49   #7
BHPian

This is bad news!!Mitsubishi will lose the trust of a lot of customers!as such their service network is pathetic!!

Hope something is done soon enough to ensure people can still get quality service for their cars!!

How is SVR as far as service is concerned?
Old 23rd March 2011, 21:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
are they getting sold off to some evil real estate goon so that he can break the place down, cut all the trees and present us poor bangaloreans with a few more glass and steel monstrosities?
From what I know this is highly unlikely coz the place is owned by the same gentleman who owns the Mahindra dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
or are the dealerships/ service centres changing hands in terms of ownership?
or are they moving on from M&M and Mitsubishi to a more modern perhaps International marque?
The most probable reasons.
Old 30th March 2011, 21:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
From what I know this is highly unlikely coz the place is owned by the same gentleman who owns the Mahindra dealership.

The most probable reasons.
Yes,but as I mentioned even the Mahindra A.S.S will be closed, and the place will be turned into a mall. Mahindra A.S.S will be moved to other locations, and yesterday I learnt that most of the Mitsubishi mechanics/technicians are moved to Mahindra service, so atleast that should be some help to the employees.

BTW, i got an official closure of service email from ASC a week or so back. 31st March is the last date of operation, with skeleton service available for some more time for new cars under warranty.
Attached Files
File Type: doc closure of service activity-ASC.doc (22.0 KB, 519 views)

Last edited by lancer_rit : 30th March 2011 at 21:19.
Old 26th April 2011, 14:34   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post
ASC guys told me some malaysian company is coming up with service center in next 2 months.

Any feedback on SVR motors?
I had a better experience at SVR than Southern A.S.S. But I don't like the idea of having only one service center. Anyone been to SVR recently?

BTW I spoke to the new dealers last week. I was told the service center is coming up somewhere near Vellara junction. It would take another month and a half.
Old 1st May 2011, 23:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
I had a better experience at SVR than Southern A.S.S. But I don't like the idea of having only one service center. Anyone been to SVR recently?

BTW I spoke to the new dealers last week. I was told the service center is coming up somewhere near Vellara junction. It would take another month and a half.
Yes, I did my 90k service and also got my engine timing belt/pulley replaced.
Overall, I found them reasonable esp the GM who seems experienced and he looked at my car himself with the service advisor.The facility is pretty small and narrow, its tough for the mechanics to move the cars around for taking in and out. Sometimes they just try to bounce the rear and shift it into place :-( They did that with my car as well to get it into the alignment bay.

However, they take forever sometimes, like I got my car washed and handed over at 9:30PM - a few jobs were left, but it was too late and I was tired as well.
They have no clue about wheel alignment, an issue where I had a rather long debate/argument. The values in the alignment computer software don't match what Mitsubishi has recommended for Indian Lancer. So, when the alignment is being done by the technician, the green and red indicators are all wrong. They tried to cover up by saying that they actually look at the readings rather than color indicators! I pushed the GM to correct the program entries - I am sure cars are going out mis-aligned from their workshop :-( Also, no printer attached to the alignment machine, so you cant get a hardcopy easily. Bottom line, I don't recommend anybody to do their wheel alignment there.
Other than that they did a reasonable job. The wheel balancing machine is new and comparable to a good tyre shop.

The other grouse I have is that they left some of the suspension bolts loose so that after 2-3 days, my rear left suspension started making noises going over humps or potholes which kept on increasing. Got it tightened at ASC, and suspension is quite as before - still on original legs.

They also recommend to replace more parts than you may need to. I go this feedback from another owner who was there. He said his 50k minor service at SVR was costing 3x his 40k major service at ASC. Its just anecdotal, and one needs to observe longer before passing judgement.

But they did push me to change the rotors instead of machining it (though that might have been still done - my rotor was 17mm thick, and minimum recommended is 1.4mm). I though brakes are most important so I got the rotors replaced for ~7k (imported Mitsu part, older local one, they claim is discontinued by HM which costed less than half IIRC).

They seem to work hard, and are also open on Sundays except for 3rd Sunday IIRC. That's a plus over ASC when it was operating.
That's my first experience with them.
Old 6th September 2011, 13:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

I have the 50k service for my Cedia coming up. Is there any other option apart from SVR motors ? They are saying they wont allow me to bring my own oil from outside and i have to use the oil they provide. Also they are a bit far from my place and i would rather prefer something in Indiranagar/Marathahalli/MG Road area.
Old 12th September 2011, 09:52   #13
BHPian

I hope SVR is not the only option. They were way too loaded with cars when I visited them earlier this year. And yes, the distance is a pain if you prefer taking your car for service yourself.

Try calling Auto Pacifica, St. Marks Road. They were supposed to get their own workshop sometime around June (see my earlier post in this thread).
Old 26th September 2011, 15:12   #14
BHPian

I have a 2004 Lancer GLI LX, recently installed BRC sequent 24 gas kit. so far so good, but recently the car started giving jerks while running in 1st or 2nd gear in low RPM`s

please suggest me a good workshop near marathahalli bangalore.
United motors in rajajinagar is good but they are very far for me to reach
Old 5th January 2012, 07:07   #15
BHPian

Auto Pacifica workshop should be operational now, they are again too far. Opening up near Bangalore University.

It is better to take car to Chennai and get it serviced than to rely on unreliable service in Bangalore
megger is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks