Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Old 4th August 2019, 12:05   #61
BHPian

Default Re: BMW 320d Hydrostatic Lock: Insurance company not covering it

Hi Guys,

Posting on this forum after ages but my BMW X1 got stalled in water two days ago and thankfully I have Engine Protector cover.

Car is in the workshop and the survey has been done within a day and I am told that the surveyor has given an approval for flushing out the water to start with and then check the compression ratio of each cylinder to decide next course of action.

My BMW service advisor tells me that even if one single part of the engine is broken, BMW will replace the complete engine as for the new X1, Company does not supply any child parts of the Engine!

While I won't complain if I get a new power unit but is this usual or is BMW trying to make money using my insurance cover?

The advisor checked and found the air filter wet and found traces of metal in dip stick - don't know what that means!

If an engine is actually to get replaced, how long should I expect before I get my car back? Any prior experience will surely help!
ferrari_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2019, 12:12   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: BMW 320d Hydrostatic Lock: Insurance company not covering it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari_driver View Post

My BMW service advisor tells me that even if one single part of the engine is broken, BMW will replace the complete engine as for the new X1, Company does not supply any child parts of the Engine!
Correct, they don't replace any mechanical parts in this situation (Piston/ CrankShaft). Since X1 is CKD, you should be able to get the engine pretty fast from the factory.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote