Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2021, 18:30   #76
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta: Transmission oil lost after underbody impact; insurer denies claim

Partly in connection with the topic, is there an appealate forum in case of unsatisfactory assessment by the insurance surveyor?
Old 1st May 2021, 15:41   #77
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta: Transmission oil lost after underbody impact; insurer denies claim

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoguru View Post
Partly in connection with the topic, is there an appealate forum in case of unsatisfactory assessment by the insurance surveyor?
Since surveyor will send his report to the company and they will take a decision on the claim, your first complaint should be to the insurance company. You can go to the ombudsman against insurance company once they provide you claim rejection letter or settles inadequately.
Mail.atyagi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 12:52   #78

I hope I am not hijacking this thread. However, having got help from here, I feel I should also give my two cents.

The IRDA complaint works. One has to draft the complaint based on the circulars and the laws that IRDA has laid out from time to time.

My Insurer was initially unwilling even to accept the story about how I got into an accident and refusing to believe the reason I gave for the delay in intimating the claim to the Insurance company.

The way the Insurance person (not sure about his designaiton) talked to me was something along the lines of being rude. I then filed a complaint with IRDA and at Pgportal (it's a portal of the Indian Government) and enumerated how the Insurance company cannot deny the claim if the sole reason is a delay of intimation of claim. There were some other points too, but as you see, the Insurance company tells us that we have to file a claim within seven days of the accident. The Insurance company told me that it had been three weeks and hence, my case has to be investigated and what not. I got to admit; I was at a loss for words. They even told me that since there is a delay in filing of claims, they will not be able to cover the damages that I am claiming since I could have done more damage to the vehicle in the three weeks. However, I filed the complaints, and since the law is on our side, I got it done.

Everything got settled. I was elated. However, I just want to say that don't give in to your emotions while filing complaints. It is always better to read up the laws and Insurance provider's copy of the Insurance before we file a complaint.
foadbear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 03:08   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mail.atyagi View Post

I am still contemplating filing a case against the insurer and waiting for a final closure from their side as someone from their side suggested they were having internal discussions on paying 1/3 of the costs.
Update: The insurer has agreed to pay 2 lakhs and settlement is in process. So, in all, the situation gave me a dent of Rs 1 lakh. Not sure if it's worth since haven't heard any issues with Crysta's transmission but I have got a brand new transmission and torque converter for this amount
Mail.atyagi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks