Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2011, 20:23   #1621
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangface View Post
Can you explain what the 5000 voluntary excess means? . Where did you get your insurance quote from, thats a good price!
Royal sundaram online website

just register with dummy details and get a quote, later speak to a sales guy and get a quote

for example you go and bang your car, total claim amount is 35000, you will have to pay 5000(voluntary excess)+1000(complusory amount) the rest 29000 will be taken care by the insurance company.
Old 20th July 2011, 21:01   #1622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash24 View Post
Royal sundaram online website

just register with dummy details and get a quote, later speak to a sales guy and get a quote

for example you go and bang your car, total claim amount is 35000, you will have to pay 5000(voluntary excess)+1000(complusory amount) the rest 29000 will be taken care by the insurance company.
That voluntary excess might be a bad idea for repairs in the 6-10k range, stuff like changing a windshield, or a getting a door / bumper replaced, stuff that could could get damaged very easily in blr traffic.

I would suggest you rethink that one little detail!
Old 20th July 2011, 21:06   #1623
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
As per her, GM strictly forbids getting the parts/repairing done from outside mechanics. Also in her experience, spare parts are not available outside the GM service network, which I don't feel is correct. Any GM owners, please provide your inputs.

Her insurance is with New India, is there an option where she could get car repaired from outside (non-GM service), without going through the insurance company? Or does insurance company allow repairing through non-GM service centers? Am not very clear about how this works, hence I have put up the query here.
5 years, right? So, warranty etc. must be over now. GM can't do anything if your friend gets the car serviced from an independant garage, which will definitely work out cheaper.

If the garage is a good setup, insurance might just work on it. Eg. Windshield Experts are authorized to claim insurance for their jobs. So, a similar workshop might be honoured by insurance.

She can/should get it repaired from outside if the damage is not too severe.
Old 20th July 2011, 21:07   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangface View Post
That voluntary excess might be a bad idea for repairs in the 6-10k range, stuff like changing a windshield, or a getting a door / bumper replaced, stuff that could could get damaged very easily in blr traffic.

I would suggest you rethink that one little detail!
true, the problem is when the bill is 5k for bumper repair etc we end up not claiming insurance because we will loose No claim bonus.

Only when the claim is above 15k it makes sense to claim, at that time its better to eat the sour pill and pay 5k from pocket.

We can take VE of only 1500 also but premium doesnt reduce much.
With VE 5000 premium is reduced a lot, yearly savings is good

Its a difficult decision indeed, the problem with me is as your aware from the beat thread, i have streched budget by 1.1 lakh for ritz, so i have to make these savings

Last edited by Nash24 : 20th July 2011 at 21:09.
Old 20th July 2011, 21:55   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash24 View Post
true, the problem is when the bill is 5k for bumper repair etc we end up not claiming insurance because we will loose No claim bonus.

Only when the claim is above 15k it makes sense to claim, at that time its better to eat the sour pill and pay 5k from pocket.

We can take VE of only 1500 also but premium doesnt reduce much.
With VE 5000 premium is reduced a lot, yearly savings is good

Its a difficult decision indeed, the problem with me is as your aware from the beat thread, i have streched budget by 1.1 lakh for ritz, so i have to make these savings
In your current situation with the budgetary constraints, i guess your approach is a good idea!
Old 28th July 2011, 13:30   #1626
Senior - BHPian

My Civic will complete 5 years next week. So, I have got insurance quotations for 6th year.

HONDA ASSURE POLICY (Bajaj Allianz / Iffco Tokio, Royal Sundaram, National, etc.)

INSURED DECLARED VALUE : 578125/-
BASIC PREMIUM (3.612%) 20881
DISCOUNT (30%) 6264
SUB TOTAL 14617
ANTI THEFT (2.5%) 365
NO CLAIM BONUS (00%) : NIL
NET O.D .PREMIUM 14251
THIRD PARTY LIABILITY 2750
OWNER DRIVER 100
PAID DRIVER 25
PASSANGERS (50*5) 250
TOTAL PREMIUM 17376
SERVICE TAX (10.30%) 1789
FINAL PREMIUM 19165/-

TATA AIG GENERAL INSURANCE CO LTD.

INSURED DECLARED VALUE : 578125/-
BASIC PREMIUM (3.612%) : 20881
DISCOUNT (50%) : 10880
SUB TOTAL : 10880
NO CLAIM BONUS (00%) : NIL
NET O.D .PREMIUM : 10880
THIRD PARTY LIABILITY : 2750
OWNER DRIVER : 100
L.L FOR DRIVER : 25
PASSENGERS COVERAGE (50*5) : 250
TOTAL PREMIUM : 13565
SERVICE TAX (10.30%) : 1397
FINAL PREMIUM : 14962/-

So, the difference is Rs.4,203/-.

Which one do you suggest, keeping in mind that car is 5 years old. Tata-AIG has cashless settlement at both the workshops (Ring Road Honda, Pearl Honda) near my place.

PS: Sorry for the caps, it is a copy+paste, as received in the quotation.
Old 2nd August 2011, 13:52   #1627
BHPian

Have been collecting quotes from various insurance providers for my new car. The lowest quotes have been from HDFC Ergo and Oriental Insurance.

Oriental insurance has offered me a standard comprehensive insurance for ~13200 , and a bumper-to-bumper policy for ~15,500 for a vehicle IDV of 5.25 L.

Is it worth going for this? How is their claims process?
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:29   #1628
BHPian

TWO INSURANCE policies for SAME car!!

Hello all,

I am caught in a puzzling situation. I have an Alto Lx bought 1 Aug 2007.
So around 20th of july i started to look for insurance. (insurance was to expire 31 July midnight) (No claims for all four years *touchwood*) Earlier it was insured with HDFC ERGO with IDV of ~158000. The online renewal quoted a premium of 3319 for IDV ~142000.

Called TATA AIG and after haggling got a quote of 3178 for IDV ~ 150000
I said ok. And a guy was sent to collect cheque from my office on 26 July 2011. I was told i'll get email copy of policy within 48 hours and physical within a week. On 30th July i had still not recieved any email so i sent an email and called up TATA AIG customer care. I was asked for my CAR Registration No. I told them and he checked up and said that no policy has been issued for this car. I explained that my insurance would be over in two days and he said there is nothing he can do. I waited till 31st July morning for any response to mail etc. Then i did online renewal of HDFC ERGO policy.

On checking my HDFC POLICY i found that they had put wrong registration address and RTO Location (EAST Delhi instead of Panchkula). Called their customer care and they said that i should send scanned copies of my earlier insurance policy as proof. I did that yesterday.

Today i received an email from TATA AIG apologizing for the delay and included a soft copy of insurance policy.

Now i have two insurance policies for the SAME CAR! What should i do?
Please help its urgent!

Last edited by guptavis : 2nd August 2011 at 15:31.
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:45   #1629
BHPian

^^ You havent mentioned if the cheque was collected by TATA AIG. If they have then you can call up the cust serv of any one of the companies you DO NOT wish to transact with and request them to cancel your policy.

AFAIK, IRDA (regulators) policy stated that you can cancel a policy within 15 days from its receipt.
Old 2nd August 2011, 18:36   #1630
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My Fiat GP DI Epack insurance is due by 28th Aug,2011. Current Insurer is Future Genrali and below is the list of quotes i got from various insurers.

I want to go with cashless & hassle less option with best rate. Suggest one please...
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Quote.bmp (182.7 KB, 390 views)
Old 2nd August 2011, 18:49   #1631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
^^ You havent mentioned if the cheque was collected by TATA AIG. If they have then you can call up the cust serv of any one of the companies you DO NOT wish to transact with and request them to cancel your policy.

AFAIK, IRDA (regulators) policy stated that you can cancel a policy within 15 days from its receipt.
Thanks! I am going to ask HDFC ERGO to cancel the policy.
Old 4th August 2011, 19:02   #1632
BHPian

I have a FIAT Punto 1.3 Emotion. My car insurance is due for renewal on September 1. This is my first insurance renewal. I tried getting from Future Generali since they were the previous insurers. One of customer service representatives called up and gave me a quote of 19K with an IDV of 5.1L. I confronted the guy saying last year when FIAT gave the free insurance the premium mentioned in the cover note is 11K odd. He replied saying actual premium for a new FIAT GP 1.3 emotion is 22k. Since, FIAT did the insurance last time they were given 50% off.
By this time I had already taken a quote from Bajaj Allianz online. The quote I got was 12.5K. I felt that quote only is high. So I told the guy thank you very much. I am not going to renew the insurance through FG your premium is way tooo high.
So I am back to hunting now. Any suggestions for renewing my policy?
Old 4th August 2011, 20:03   #1633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycatcher View Post
I have a FIAT Punto 1.3 Emotion. My car insurance is due for renewal on September 1. This is my first insurance renewal. I tried getting from Future Generali since they were the previous insurers. One of customer service representatives called up and gave me a quote of 19K with an IDV of 5.1L. I confronted the guy saying last year when FIAT gave the free insurance the premium mentioned in the cover note is 11K odd. He replied saying actual premium for a new FIAT GP 1.3 emotion is 22k. Since, FIAT did the insurance last time they were given 50% off.
By this time I had already taken a quote from Bajaj Allianz online. The quote I got was 12.5K. I felt that quote only is high. So I told the guy thank you very much. I am not going to renew the insurance through FG your premium is way tooo high.
So I am back to hunting now. Any suggestions for renewing my policy?
First try to find out which Insurers have cashless tie up with the workshop where you service your Fiat. Based on that you can visit the Insurer's website and try getting an online quote. Google for Car insurance comparator websites so you would get an idea about the approximate renewal premium. If you are too interested in approaching Future Generali, try negotiating with them citing the online quotes.

Do some research and dont get taken for a ride by the Insurers, read the policy document very carefully. All the best.

Suggested Insurers who offer online quotes: Cholamanadalam, Tata AIG, Royal Sundaram, Bajaj Allianz.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 21:33   #1634
BHPian

Thanks a lot for the tip. I tried various online quotations but the IDV I am getting in all the places is something in the range of 4.6-4.8L. Now I am confused what should be the correct IDV for my car. In the current policy the IDV is 5.68L. Also the premiums are all upwards of 13K. Oh and I have made one claim on my policy last year.
Old 4th August 2011, 21:39   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender View Post
Hi Guys,

My Fiat GP DI Epack insurance is due by 28th Aug,2011. Current Insurer is Future Genrali and below is the list of quotes i got from various insurers.

I want to go with cashless & hassle less option with best rate. Suggest one please...
where did you get quotes from? None of the online quotes are even coming close to this. I have a FIAT GP DI Emotion and my insurance is due by 1st September.
Also have you made any claims in the last year? If not is are the quotes you have got inclusive of NCB?

Uff, sorry so many questions at a single time! I am little confused here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks