Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2011, 19:50   #1456

Re: Automobile Insurance - Ask me

@ghodlur, thanks for the inputs. I felt the same.

Sundaram told me that the insurance is not available directly from them but is available from any Maruti dealer.

So I got it from one of the dealers by paying the full amount of Rs 2650. They threw in a free check up / wash coupon which is a good bargain for Rs 150 more.
Old 8th February 2011, 11:49   #1457
BHPian

I am planning to buy figo 1.4 exi in Delhi. have spoken with TATA AIG and they have quoted me the following for 0% Deprececiation Platinum Plan :

Ex showroom price - 486430

1. Insured's Declred Value - 449255
2. OD Premium - 12804
3. Total Own Damage Premium - 12804
4. 0% Depreciation Plan Premium - 1483
5. Daily Allowance - 1977
6. Loss of personal Belonging Premium - 110
7. Emergency Transport & Hotel Exp - 110
8. Key replacement - 265
9. Returnn to invoice premium - 1123
10. Third Party Premium - 800
11. Paid Driver Cover - 25
12. Owner Driver Cover - 100
13. Total premium - 18796
14. Service Tax - 1936

TOTAL - 20732

Also includes:

i. Accidental Repair Warranty (6 month)
ii. Towing facility upto Rs 1500/-
iii. Third party body injury unlimited cover

Guys, please share your inputs - whether the parameters given by TATA AIG are correct or should i ak for more details.

Kindly help

Last edited by kapilsharma80 : 8th February 2011 at 12:06.
Old 12th February 2011, 13:16   #1458
Senior - BHPian

Its time for insurance renewal for my car.

I have got a quote from TATA motors.
TATA motors have a tie up with : ICICI, Royal Sundaram, National United, TATA AIG.

The only thing which is new in this quote is that they are considering:
1. Radiator
2. Condensor
3. ECU motor
4. Wiring Harness
5. Motorized Headlamps (I do not think Punto has this)

as metal part and not fiber part (which usually does not get covered under comprehensive insurance). The depreciation clause however applies (Not sure about it. Maybe they will pay out for these parts keeping in mind the age of vehicle).

The quote is around 2.5k more than the premium quoted by my old insurer Future Generali.

Is it worth paying 2.5k extra? And how is the claim settlement process of TATA? My last experience with Future Generali was good (but then the amount claimed was also only 5.8k).
Old 15th February 2011, 06:48   #1459
BHPian

I have wagon R LXi (2 nd Gen).

The insurace quote last yr was 11503 for idv 329891.

But this year for renewal, they are quoting rs 6.9k approx.
and idv is also decreased.(maybe 29xxxxx)

I have NCB to me.

What is the best insurace company for maruti.

I have currently Royal sundaram (maruti insurace).
Old 24th February 2011, 14:03   #1460
BHPian

Hi,

I am buying a Ford Figo diesel titanium. So as suggested on Team-BHP, I tried to shop around. Following are the quotes.

Tata AIG Comprehensive 14050 Zero Dep. 16250
Cholamandalam Comprehensive 12250 Zero Dep. 15800
Bajaj Allianz Comprehensive 15684 Zero Dep. 20344
HDFC Ergo Comprehensive 14450
Future Generali 12500

Now my question is how useful zero depreciation insurance for a 5.5 lakh rupee car? I have read Sam Kapasis thread and it makes sense if you have expensive car but not sure for this car. Secondly, which of these companies is lesser evil?

My car dealer has cashless only with Bajaj Allianz among these. Other companies are ICICI Lombard and New India with the dealer. But I don't like ICICI and besides the dealer is quoting a premium of 16000.

Please advise.

Last edited by shipnil : 24th February 2011 at 14:09.
Old 24th February 2011, 14:25   #1461
Senior - BHPian

In this case, difference is almost 5k per year. And zero dep is applicable only for first three years.

IMHO it does not add a value worth 15k (cost over 3 years).
Old 24th February 2011, 14:49   #1462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Now my question is how useful zero depreciation insurance for a 5.5 lakh rupee car? I have read Sam Kapasis thread and it makes sense if you have expensive car but not sure for this car. Secondly, which of these companies is lesser evil?

My car dealer has cashless only with Bajaj Allianz among these. Other companies are ICICI Lombard and New India with the dealer. But I don't like ICICI and besides the dealer is quoting a premium of 16000.
Please advise.
It is very useful and for a few thousand rupees more you will have a peace of mind in case of some accidents and cost of repairs runs into ten of thousands. As said by @Netfreak, this facility is available for the first three yrs of ownership only. If you feel that you can afford the repairs cost then you dont have to go for the zero depreciation option.

No company is a known devil on paper but can only be experienced. Of the posts I have read on Insurance till date, Bajaj and Tata are only a step better than the rest. Do bargain for the premium, I am sure you will get a good deal.
Old 25th February 2011, 14:33   #1463
BHPian

I am in a small tight spot. Need advice.

My car’s insurance expires on 8th Feb, 2011. So when the agent called me in Jan, 2011, I asked him for a quote. I was having a Bajaj Allianz cover, the car is 3yrs old. Now I am renewing for the fourth year.

Initially he gives me a Tarrif discount of 40%, but when I looked around I had Royal Sundaram offering 45%. On telling him this, he offered the same with Bajaj Allianz.

On 29th Jan, 2011, I hand him over a cheque for the same. He gives me a cover note. The cheque is not presented till the 18th of Feb, that’s when I make a call to the agent and directly to the office to enquire. The agent says he will get back soon, Bajaj Allianze office was not able to locate the required papers.

Today the agent calls me and says, there is a problem. He cannot give me 45%, max offered is only 40% and that my insurance is not done. He was cheeky enough to say, HDFC offers better rates, shall I come over with the HDFC form.

Now the question that I have.
1. In this situation, it would mean my vehicle is without an insurance cover right now, correct?

2. In case I decide to opt for another insurance firm, would I have some additional work, would they say my old policy is no longer valid etc etc?

3. How do I take this up with Bajaj Allianz? Is there a way I can bypass the agent and deal with the company directly?

4. 4th year insurance is eligible for 45% discount, correct?

5. Shall I ditch Bajaj, shift to Royal Sundaram, if that is the case, issuing a stop payment for the cheque is all that I need to do, correct?

Any helps suggestions, good agent's (in Blore) contact is appreciated.
Old 25th February 2011, 14:46   #1464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
Now the question that I have.
1. In this situation, it would mean my vehicle is without an insurance cover right now, correct?
Correct.
2. In case I decide to opt for another insurance firm, would I have some additional work, would they say my old policy is no longer valid etc etc?
Normally the Insurers allow a grace period of a weeks or two to renew the policy. You can get the details on the Insurer website or call their help line.
3. How do I take this up with Bajaj Allianz? Is there a way I can bypass the agent and deal with the company directly?
Absolutely, you can do the renewal online by quoting your previous policy no. But the discount you would get is the NCB for the 4th year in case of no claims.
4. 4th year insurance is eligible for 45% discount, correct?
Can you check in your previous policy whats the %.
5. Shall I ditch Bajaj, shift to Royal Sundaram, if that is the case, issuing a stop payment for the cheque is all that I need to do, correct?
If you feel Bajaj Allianz is not good as far as the services offered is concerned, you may very well shift to Royal Sundaram.
Any helps suggestions, good agent's (in Blore) contact is appreciated.
Please see my answers in bold. All the best.
Old 25th February 2011, 14:49   #1465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Please see my answers in bold. All the best.
Thanks for the quick reply, the problem that I see with online quotes are that they are always on the higher side. The tarrif discount they offer is much lesser that what the insurance agents offer.

Let me see what best can be done.

Last edited by Spinnerr : 25th February 2011 at 14:50. Reason: added detail
Old 25th February 2011, 15:28   #1466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 View Post
I am planning to buy figo 1.4 exi in Delhi. have spoken with TATA AIG and they have quoted me the following for 0% Deprececiation Platinum Plan :

Ex showroom price - 486430

1. Insured's Declred Value - 449255
2. OD Premium - 12804
3. Total Own Damage Premium - 12804
4. 0% Depreciation Plan Premium - 1483
5. Daily Allowance - 1977
6. Loss of personal Belonging Premium - 110
7. Emergency Transport & Hotel Exp - 110
8. Key replacement - 265
9. Returnn to invoice premium - 1123
10. Third Party Premium - 800
11. Paid Driver Cover - 25
12. Owner Driver Cover - 100
13. Total premium - 18796
14. Service Tax - 1936

TOTAL - 20732

Also includes:

i. Accidental Repair Warranty (6 month)
ii. Towing facility upto Rs 1500/-
iii. Third party body injury unlimited cover

Guys, please share your inputs - whether the parameters given by TATA AIG are correct or should i ak for more details.

Kindly help
Hey,

Try Bharti Axa.

It has a zero Dep. Policy, What is of value to us is, it is way cheaper than Bajaj or Tata-AIG.

And please bargain with Bharti Axa salesman also.

You will definitely be saving on that, too.

Last edited by deepfusion : 25th February 2011 at 15:29.
Old 25th February 2011, 15:35   #1467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
Thanks for the quick reply, the problem that I see with online quotes are that they are always on the higher side. The tarrif discount they offer is much lesser that what the insurance agents offer.

Let me see what best can be done.
You have already experienced what happened when you did the Insurance through an agent. IMO its always better to get an online renewal done since it saves time, agent cost and the risk, you get the policy immediately. When I did my Car Ins renewal, I got the online quotes only (from those who had cashless tie up with the dealer), compared and chose the best VFM. BTW I have a Royal Sundaram policy.
Old 25th February 2011, 16:49   #1468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Guys need help here. My Ford Ikon's insurance is due for renewal on 2nd feb. I was insured with ICICI lombard for the first year which came from the dealer itself. Second year I went to TATA-AIG but then I found out that they don't have my dealer and their service centre on the list of garages for cashless claim facility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
@Fordmanchau: Personally I think Bajaj Allianz would be a better choice. Tata AIG and Bajaj Allianz are the bigger players in private auto insurance sector. Since Tata AIG has no cashless facility, Bajaj would be the second best choice.
Holyghost , thanks for the suggestion . I finally went with Bajaj Allianz policy, offered by my Fortune ford(my dealer).
I went in and bought their Zero depreciation policy alongwith the engine guard features. Though I specifically wanted 0% depreciation on plastic parts, but that was not available, so opted for "Bajaj Allianz Drive Assure Economy pack".
I thought , this was the third year for my car and the 0% depreciation policies are available only till third year, therefore thought will go for it and take a chance.
Attaching here the presentation for the same policy package. Do have a look.
The premium for policy came at Rs. 12893/-,on the higher side for 2 yrd old vehicle but got Wheel alignment and balancing free against it for approximately Rs. 600-700/- .
So thats ok.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BAJAJ DriveAssure Presentation.pdf (937.2 KB, 3738 views)
Old 1st March 2011, 23:20   #1469
BHPian

I have 50% NCB on my old car. I got free insurance as an offer on new car and I thought of transferring the NCB of old car to the new one at the time of next renewal. My doubt is if I make a claim on new car within the first year is it possible for me to transfer the NCB to the new car at the time of renewal ?
Old 2nd March 2011, 04:33   #1470
BHPian

Can someone please confirm this one -

The TATA AIG agent tells me that if premium is reduced for the ANTI THEFT device fitted then the insurance company wont pay up if the car is stolen. Is there any truth to his statement!!??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks