Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 09:20   #1171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
But after i got the policy document, there was no where mentioned about Drive Assure(0% depreciation).
Customers like you have made them change their software. You are right, it is not written anywhere that, this is a special policy. I think from next month onwards it will be printed on the face of the policy, I have received a mail from Bajaj for the same.
Old 4th May 2010, 09:37   #1172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Customers like you have made them change their software. You are right, it is not written anywhere that, this is a special policy. I think from next month onwards it will be printed on the face of the policy, I have received a mail from Bajaj for the same.
Thanks a lot for the clarification.
In fact i asked them to take a feedback and asked them to report this as a flaw in their system.
Old 4th May 2010, 10:14   #1173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In fact i asked them to take a feedback and asked them to report this as a flaw in their system.
They heard you, great !!!!

Otherwise also I have said this in past that Bajaj is a good company overall.
Old 4th May 2010, 12:59   #1174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rupesh,
I renewed my car policy with BA (Drive Assure Package). But after i got the policy document, there was no where mentioned about Drive Assure(0% depreciation). On checking with BA they mentioned that under "Important Notice" para in the document, they have mentioned the type of this policy which is "S1,S3,S4". This represents about drive assure package.
So any idea if this is true because i did not see any where else neither in their website about the types and their description.

Thanks,
Santosh
I too took a Drive Assure policy from Bajaj, and recieved the documents without any markings. Called up the sales guy (direct from company) and he assured me its absolutely fine, and the drive assure is included in the cover.

Later, out of curiousity, I called up the Bajaj Toll Free no. and asked her to confirm the policy details. I was told that this was indeed a normal policy with no Drive Assure coverage!!!

I then contacted the sales guy, and his manager regarding the error. After a checkup they called and confirm the error, as an "oversight" on their part.

The policy was re issued with the S1 S3 S4 in the policy and I reconfirmed with the toll free no. that the drive assure package was indeed included.

Now tell me guys, how many of us really recheck our policies in detail when they arrive? And even after that re confirm with the toll free number? If I had not noticed and 8 months on the car had gotten into an accident of 3 lacs damage, would bajaj have listened to me then??

Bajaj must:
1) Train their guys better
2) Change the packaging of the product (which rjvora says they have done)

Last edited by AbhiJ : 4th May 2010 at 13:03.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:41   #1175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Bajaj must:
1) Train their guys better
2) Change the packaging of the product (which rjvora says they have done)
I 100% agree with you. Sales guy's is a problem of each and every company, I don't know how but IRDA should have some system in place for the same...
Old 4th May 2010, 19:13   #1176
BHPian

I am getting a new Superb tomorrow.

1. On the insurance factor, the Skoda dealer in Chandigarh says that if I do not buy the insurance from him, he will not release the car if it comes to him for repairs in case of an accident, etc, until he gets the money from my insurance firm. In case I get the insurance done from him, he will release the car the moment it has been repaired. The insurance firms, on the other hand, claim that this is not correct. They have a letter from the dealer saying that he will honour all claims from the insurance firm.

2. Which is best: the cashless policy which permits unlimited claims or the one which limits them to two a year. The former costs Rs 53000 (National Assurance and Iffco Tokio) and the latter Rs 36000 (Bharti Axa).
Old 4th May 2010, 20:18   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
I am getting a new Superb tomorrow.

1. On the insurance factor, the Skoda dealer in Chandigarh says that if I do not buy the insurance from him, he will not release the car if it comes to him for repairs in case of an accident, etc, until he gets the money from my insurance firm. In case I get the insurance done from him, he will release the car the moment it has been repaired. The insurance firms, on the other hand, claim that this is not correct. They have a letter from the dealer saying that he will honour all claims from the insurance firm.

2. Which is best: the cashless policy which permits unlimited claims or the one which limits them to two a year. The former costs Rs 53000 (National Assurance and Iffco Tokio) and the latter Rs 36000 (Bharti Axa).
1. at the dealer! Just check which insurance company has cashless tie up with the workshop and take that policy. The dealer is just trying to ensure that he get his share of the huge margin on the insurance!

2. My vote for unlimited claims, just for the peace of mind factor, just in case.
Old 5th May 2010, 08:45   #1178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. if I do not buy the insurance from him, he will not release the car.
2. Which is best: the cashless policy which permits unlimited claims or the one which limits them to two a year.
1. Dealer is fulling around with you my friend, as HappyWheels rightly said if he has cashless tieup with a particular company he has to give you cashless even if you don't buy policy from him.

2. In my knowlage there is no such product which will pay only 2 claim's in a year. Please post some details of that product if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
2. My vote for unlimited claims, just for the peace of mind factor, just in case.
Do you have some details on that product where in you can claim only two times in a year? Which company is offering?
Old 5th May 2010, 09:24   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
1. Dealer is fulling around with you my friend, as HappyWheels rightly said if he has cashless tieup with a particular company he has to give you cashless even if you don't buy policy from him.

2. In my knowlage there is no such product which will pay only 2 claim's in a year. Please post some details of that product if possible.

Do you have some details on that product where in you can claim only two times in a year? Which company is offering?
Bharti AXA. In the two-claim cashless policy one has to pay only Rs 1000 per claim but if the claims are more than two, then the normal policy will come into play.
Old 5th May 2010, 10:02   #1180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bharti AXA.
I could not find anything on the website, Let me check the call center and will update the thread for sure.
Old 5th May 2010, 10:41   #1181
Senior - BHPian

I think there is something fishy with this product as call center guy told me there is no product. You can take any no. of claims in a year. You have to pay deprecation part. I have told them to re-check and get back to me.

I will again update this thread once I have some more details.
Old 5th May 2010, 12:13   #1182
Senior - BHPian

Someone had called from Bharti Axa Mumbai office and conformed that you can make any no. of claim in a year. They are not offering any product which will pay only two claim's a year. There is no such special/cheap product offered by them.

I would request every one that please get something in writing from dealers who offer such product.
Old 5th May 2010, 16:10   #1183
BHPian

Hi Rupesh, I have few queries related to multiple claims. Would greatly appreciate if you could answer them for me.
I have Swift VDi had multiple accidents (minor only) on two seperate dates, about 1 month between the accident dates. I didn't go to the body shop immediately after the 1st indicent and now after the 2nd incident, decided to show up in a Maruti A$$ for multiple claims.
The claim inspector said (eventhough i agreed to claim as two seperate claims) he will not clear the first accident damages. However, he cleared the 2nd accident damages to be claimed.
He says that multiple claims cannot be processed. I have Royal Sundaram insurance through Maruti Insurance.
Is the Claim Inspector right? or should I take up this matter higher ups. Please advise.
Old 5th May 2010, 19:58   #1184
BHPian

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this query but will go ahead anyway and request the Mods to switch it to the relevant thread if possible (Tried searching but couldn't find the insurance advice thread).

I had purchased an insurance policy (AVIVA LifeLong) in April 2006, Yrly premium 48,000 and have paid 1.92,000 already. The above policy is not performing very well and the surrender charges are also very high, ~72%.

Looking for urgent advice on the best ways to get my principal out of this policy. Someone mentioned about a partial withdrawl option using which I can withdraw money on a yearly basis and use this money to pay the principal. this way no fresh funds will be infused into this policy however my current investment will remain locked in.

any other advice from the more experienced investors/insurance advisors here?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th May 2010 at 12:38. Reason: Shankyz, this is not an auto insurance query. See if you can find a non-auto insurance thread to have it moved to. Thanks.
Old 6th May 2010, 17:23   #1185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
I have few queries related to multiple claims.

I have Swift VDi had multiple accidents (minor only) on two seperate dates, about 1 month between the accident dates. I didn't go to the body shop immediately after the 1st indicent and now after the 2nd incident, decided to show up in a Maruti A$$ for multiple claims.
The claim inspector said (eventhough i agreed to claim as two seperate claims) he will not clear the first accident damages. However, he cleared the 2nd accident damages to be claimed.
He says that multiple claims cannot be processed. I have Royal Sundaram insurance through Maruti Insurance.
I would like to inform you and others on this issue of two claims.

This is totally in the hands of surveyor to approve 2 claims at a time or not. He will approve the claim as a two claim only if he is totally convince.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks