Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2013, 10:52   #2731
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Oh its not on the overall premium but only on own damage premium?
Yes, NCB applies always on OD premium & not on net premium.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 22:10   #2732
BHPian

well the other day a rickshaw driver scraped against my car (vento) which resulted in a major portion (3/4th) of the rear door of the car being scratched and some part of the front door. So i took the car for repairs under insurance. Now the quote which i got from the dealer is something like this -
1. Compulsory Deductible - 2k which i cant help
2. Consumables - around 1.5k which i feel is on the higher side for which the service person said that basic polish is included
3. Cavity testing - which is required to check the reliability of the door and chargeable to customer
4. Separate 3M polishing at the rate of 250 bucks per panel which he said he'll have to see how much the surveyor passes and the rest will be paid by me for multiple panels and if i get the whole car polished at 3.8k then this charge will not be applicable.

My question being
1. Consumables as per what i have read here is definitely on the higher side.
2. Is basic polish not included under insurance.

this was my talk over the telephone with the service center guy. I am paying a visit to him tomorrow to get more details. My policy is zero dep.
Old 3rd December 2013, 09:44   #2733
BHPian

I am planning to buy a new car and transfer my old car's NCB to the new one. I am selling the old car to the used car dealer. I have a bunch of queries with regard to NCB transfer:
(i) The used car dealer told me that if I get the NCB letter, the policy on my current car will lapse so he will have to get a new one before selling it and that he will charge me Rs. 4000/- for the new insurance policy. Is this right?
(ii) I tried to get a quote from both Bajaj Allianz and Royal Sundaram through their websites. Bajaj told me that they will give me a quote with the 50% NCB accounted for. Royal called me up and told me that they cannot give the NCB on the new insurance policy but I have to pay the full premium and get a reimbursement of the 50% NCB later. Royal says that this is as per norms from IRDA. Not sure who is correct and what the process is.

Can someone help me?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by hsejars : 3rd December 2013 at 09:45.
Old 3rd December 2013, 10:08   #2734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejars View Post
I am planning to buy a new car and transfer my old car's NCB to the new one. I am selling the old car to the used car dealer. I have a bunch of queries with regard to NCB transfer:
(i) The used car dealer told me that if I get the NCB letter, the policy on my current car will lapse so he will have to get a new one before selling it and that he will charge me Rs. 4000/- for the new insurance policy. Is this right?
(ii) I tried to get a quote from both Bajaj Allianz and Royal Sundaram through their websites. Bajaj told me that they will give me a quote with the 50% NCB accounted for. Royal called me up and told me that they cannot give the NCB on the new insurance policy but I have to pay the full premium and get a reimbursement of the 50% NCB later. Royal says that this is as per norms from IRDA. Not sure who is correct and what the process is.
i) Absolutely wrong. The policy does not lapse and is valid on the car till the end of the policy period. Tell the used car dealer to take a hike.
ii) The simple way out is get the NCB letter from the present Insurer and use it during the purchase of Insurance for the new car. If you are buying the new car first and have already paid the Insurance premium, furnish the NCB letter and get the reimbursement of the amount from the Insurer.

If you are selling the car to an used car dealer, please ensure that you change the ownership of the car and transfer the insurance to the used car dealer's name. Obtain the changed ownership proof (RC copy). If the dealer tries to delay or act smart, think otherwise.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 14:09   #2735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejars View Post
You can obtain NCB letter from insurance company based on delivery note. Some companies might ask for updated/new RC/smart card in order to ensure that vehicle has been sold. New owner needs to transfer insurance in his/her name & would have to pay difference due to NCB for reminder of policy period. Current car policy doesn't lapse but needs to be transferred to new owner else new owner can't claim any insurance in case of an accident. Used car dealer might have misinterpreted this.
In worst case, if dealer doesn't co-operate, cancel current insurance & obtain NCB letter. Handover the car to used car dealer with only third-party insurance (less than Rs. 2000).

I hope you read this thread, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...-premiums.html

Quote:
You can either ask reimbursement in 1st year insurance and if that doesn't work, use NCB while renewing in 2nd year.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 12:49   #2736
BHPian

Thank you ghodlur, sukiwa for your inputs. I will talk to the used car dealer again.

Sukiwa, I had missed the thread that you pointed to. Let me start reading through it. Thanks once again!
hsejars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 15:15   #2737
BHPian

Guys

My safari's insurance is lapsing on this 8th. I have Bajaj Allianz's policy which was bought for 15.5k. Now the local tata dealer (Malik Motors, Hyd) is qutoing me 16.5 k with 35% NCB for National Insurance. They are saying BA has no cashless tie up with Tata. But last year when I shifted from Royal Sundaram to BA, BA sais that they do cashless transaction.

Need advice on this..Thanks

Sushil
Old 8th December 2013, 10:38   #2738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelz View Post
But last year when I shifted from Royal Sundaram to BA, BA sais that they do cashless transaction.
Thats the worst part of the Insurance renewals, its the dealer/workshop's prerogative to have the cashless tie up with whichever Insurance co they want to tie up with (based on their commission benefits). Find out with which Insurance co does the workshop have the cashless tie up for the year and try to check the renewal premiums online and compare the dealer's quote with online. Take a call accordingly.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2013, 10:43   #2739
BHPian

Which insurance company has Toyota tieup with for cashless claims PAN India ?
Dealer is pushing for Toyota Protect citing so and its very expensive also.
Old 8th December 2013, 10:47   #2740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
Which insurance company has Toyota tieup with for cashless claims PAN India ?
Dealer is pushing for Toyota Protect citing so and its very expensive also.
I doubt if the tie up with a Insurance co is pan india. It will be city specific. Jabalpur tie up will be different from Mumbai dealer tie up for eg. Thats what you need to find out with the dealer in your city. Toyota owners who opted for Toyota protect can chip in here.
Old 10th December 2013, 11:26   #2741
BHPian

Friends,

I have a query regarding NCB transfer. Here is the sequence of events.

I bought a used innova in March 2013. It had two months of insurance policy remaining, which I got transferred in my name (in March itself). The service provider was Bharati Axa.

In March, I also sold off my indica, and started processing of its NCB letter with Tata AIG. However, they goofed up (or their courier, as they claim), and I finally got hold of the NCB letter only in June.

In the meantime, in May, the innova insurance was up for renewal, and I did not have the NCB letter with me. So my insurance advisor advised me to pay up the full premium (without NCB), and assured me that the right amount will be refunded once I produced the NCB letter. Without much of an option, I complied. It was ICICI Lombard this time around.

In June, I submitted the NCB letter, demanding the refund. After numerous follow-ups, the advisor told me last week that the refund could not be processed, because it was a renewal case. He told me that I should not have transferred the insurance in my name in March, and should have opted for a new policy instead. That would have enabled me to avail the NCB benefit.

As you can guess, I am thoroughly confused, and I am not sure who is taking me for a ride. Can someone knowledgeable about this help?

Thanks!!
Old 12th December 2013, 21:11   #2742
BHPian

Post your Insurance query Here...

Dear All,

Please feel free to post all your insurance related queries here. I would be glad to answer them with accuracy and to your satisfaction.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th December 2013 at 02:00. Reason: Post moved to existing thread.
carzealot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 06:41   #2743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzealot View Post
Dear All,

Please feel free to post all your insurance related queries here. I would be glad to answer them with accuracy and to your satisfaction.
Please help with this Toyota protect insurance posted a few posts ago
Old 13th December 2013, 08:12   #2744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
I am not sure who is taking me for a ride.
Its clear, ICICI is taking you for a ride. They should have refunded the NCB amount once the letter is provided to them. Take it up with them strongly. Your Insurance advisor also needs to be pulled up for not coming to your help in this case. ICICI is BSing you regarding the NCB applicable of new insurance policy.

Of all Insurers, why ICICI?
ghodlur is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 16:47   #2745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Of all Insurers, why ICICI?
@Ghodlur,

Thanks for your help. Yes, pulling up ICICI Lombard is on my agenda on Saturday. I am going to bypass my advisor and am planning to take the matters in my own hands.

Why ICICI? Well, I hope I don't end up asking the same question to myself!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks