Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2019, 12:50   #4576
AWD
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The agent is taking you for a ride, no such logic exists. If you have a claim free year before renewal irrespective of no of months since transfer, you will be eligible for 20% NCB
Agent also instilled fear that if you avail NCB which is not due, it will cause problems later in case of a claim!
Vehicle is 2017 model, no claim till date, so this entitles for a 20% or a 25% NCB?
Old 22nd August 2019, 14:28   #4577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The agent is taking you for a ride, no such logic exists. If you have a claim free year before renewal irrespective of no of months since transfer, you will be eligible for 20% NCB. Why waste time and energy with the agent when the same can be done smoothly and fast online. Check out the comparator sites (for comparison only), visit the Insurance co websites for the quotes. Compare, negotiate and close the deal.
But the car is transferred to this person's name and insurance policy is endorsed to his name. Usually when transferring insurance NCB doesn't get transferred, the original policy holder gets an NCB letter and uses it for his / her next car. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 22nd August 2019, 14:45   #4578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
But the car is transferred to this person's name and insurance policy is endorsed to his name. Usually when transferring insurance NCB doesn't get transferred, the original policy holder gets an NCB letter and uses it for his / her next car. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I was referring during the renewal the NCB will be applicable. Not during the transfer. During transfer what you mentioned in correct. Here AWD transferred the car insurance in his name and since then till renewal had no claims, that makes him eligible for 20% NCB.
Old 22nd August 2019, 14:48   #4579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was referring during the renewal the NCB will be applicable. Not during the transfer. During transfer what you mentioned in correct. Here AWD transferred the car insurance in his name and since then till renewal had no claims, that makes him eligible for 20% NCB.
In that case yes he is eligible.
Old 22nd August 2019, 15:02   #4580
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Here AWD transferred the car insurance in his name and since then till renewal had no claims, that makes him eligible for 20% NCB.
I again had a chat with a couple of more agents now. The scene is: bought car in Sept 2018 from 1st owner. Had to insure in 1st owner name as it took 2-3 months to get it transferred in my name(local RTO takes a hell lot of time here). Vehicle got transferred in my name in Nov 2018. From Nov 18 to now Sept(when renewal due), it hasn't been 1 full yr. So the agents I talked to again now, all maintain that it has to be 1 complete year to avail 20%NCB. So they are denying the NCB benefits on renewal. Also saying that if you avail, in even of a claim, it will become difficult.
Old 24th August 2019, 21:46   #4581
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys. Does Tbhp have an insurance estimate thread for every segment of car/bikes? I would like to try policy comparison websites but they all require me to give them my phone number. And I really hate getting spam calls after that so I'm asking around here instead.
Old 25th August 2019, 11:01   #4582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Hello guys. Does Tbhp have an insurance estimate thread for every segment of car/bikes? I would like to try policy comparison websites but they all require me to give them my phone number. And I really hate getting spam calls after that so I'm asking around here instead.
Give a fake name. Instead of Nithesh, you give your name as Shahrukh Khan. When they call, they will ask for 'Shahrukh khan sir' and you can say wrong number.
I use this always and is effective.
JohnyBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 11:42   #4583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
So I asked for 20% for the coming up renewal as there was no claim last year but the insurance guy said since policy was transferred on my name in November but the policy was bought in first name in september, so the 20% wouldn't apply as 1 yr will complete in Nov! Is there logic in what the agent is saying?
Well, I went through policy wordings of a few of my current insurance policies. Your agent seems to be talking sense.

As per policy wordings, "NCB is provided for every claim free year" and in case of vehicle transfer, the existing owner is provided a NCB Reserving Letter that he/she can use within 3 years for some new vehicle. NCB is regarded as a benefit given to a good driver and is linked to the insured's name and not the insured vehicle.

Now assume that in your case, the car's insurance period was Jan-Dec. Would you have claimed 20% NCB from your insurance provider for 2 months of claim-free driving? Going by policy wordings of a few insurance companies, I don't think it makes a difference if the claim-free driving period is 2 months or 10 months (as in your case) as long as it is less than 1 year.

I'd suggest you to go for 0% NCB policy this time to avoid any problems in case of a (god forbid) major claim. Drive safe!
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 13:27   #4584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post
Give a fake name. Instead of Nithesh, you give your name as Shahrukh Khan. When they call, they will ask for 'Shahrukh khan sir' and you can say wrong number.
I use this always and is effective.
No issue giving my name, just with number. The spam calls will start from other companies too.
Old 26th August 2019, 17:06   #4585
BHPian

Is a PUC certificate necessary for car insurance renewal?

I have never done a PUC check till now and the police here don't insist on it as everyone knows its fake data.

But I saw that a valid PUC on the date of renewal is needed for renewing insurance on PolicyBazaar.
Old 27th August 2019, 08:01   #4586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Is a PUC certificate necessary for car insurance renewal?
No, PUC is not mandatory for Car Insurance renewal. But it is a good practice to get the PUC done on 6 monthly basis, ignore the facts that the its fake data. Get the PUC done at a reputed place not at the roadside vendors.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 22:23   #4587
BHPian

I am renewing for my 2nd car. Is owner personal cover of 15Lakhs necessary, if it is already taken for my 1st car.

I plan to renew the insurance online instead of an agent as I have found the difference significant.I plan to purchase from PolicyBazaar or from New India Assurance official website.
Old 28th August 2019, 08:33   #4588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
I am renewing for my 2nd car. Is owner personal cover of 15Lakhs necessary, if it is already taken for my 1st car.

I plan to renew the insurance online instead of an agent as I have found the difference significant.I plan to purchase from PolicyBazaar or from New India Assurance official website.
If you have a personal accident cover of min 15L then you don't need to buy it again for your vehicles. During renewal you however get an option to insure the car occupants upto 4 persons excluding the driver, the limit for which is 2L per person. In case you have a driver, then you can insure him separately which is again 2L limit.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 23:29   #4589
BHPian

I got the insurance renewed today, chose New India assurance via Policybazaar. It was a good Rs.2400 cheaper than the cheapest offline quote.

I am attaching a link to the list of cashless garages linked with New India, which they had sent me.

https://www.newindia.co.in/cms/0de27...lsx?guest=true

Last edited by Aditya_Bhp : 28th August 2019 at 23:37.
Old 28th August 2019, 23:44   #4590
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone, I have one query. The premium for third party insurance of a car exceeding 1500 cc is Rs. 7890.

I have the SX4 car having 1586 cc engine. One of my close relatives (who is also an agent) told me that the third party premium for this car will be only Rs. 4480 because the production of this car is closed. I was further informed that this offer is from New India Assurance.

I am surprised by this logic. Is this so?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks