Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2019, 10:33   #4501
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Insurance Renewal -- query

Renewed my Civic's insurance yesterday for a pleasant quote from policy bazar. Paid just a tad under 12K for an IDV of 4.25L. It's a good price considering the third party premium for this engine category is Rs 7890+ 18% GST, which alone comes to around Rs. 9300/-

The insurer is Bajaj Allianz. However, there is a change in policy to be made regarding the concerning RTO. I have made a request to Policy Bazar and uploaded the relevant documents. Lets see how soon they can make the required changes.

Regards,
Saket
Old 6th April 2019, 12:11   #4502
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Are there any online websites where I can check for quotes without having to provide my mobile number ? All the websites I've checked ask for the mobile number and I don't want to receive too many calls.
Old 6th April 2019, 12:20   #4503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Are there any online websites where I can check for quotes without having to provide my mobile number ? All the websites I've checked ask for the mobile number and I don't want to receive too many calls.

Give a wrong number, while some of them would have an OTP based system, but most of them don't you can do all the research and compare & then for the one which is selected do start the search from beginning & then give you correct number
freak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 12:43   #4504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Coverfox doesn't require OTP verification, while policy bazaar needs OTP verification. Policy bazaar will spam you good if you give them your number.
Nimalan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 17:06   #4505
BHPian

I have a doubt regarding NCB. 1st year i haven't claimed. So got 20% for second year renewal. I claimed on 2nd year. So no discount for 3rd year renewal. If i don't have any claims on 3rd year, am i eligible for any discount for 4th year renewal?

Meanwhile, Is there any limitation for claims per year for Royal Sundaram bumper to bumper policy? Policy is in the second year.
Old 8th April 2019, 17:17   #4506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithsidhardha View Post
I have a doubt regarding NCB. 1st year i haven't claimed. So got 20% for second year renewal. I claimed on 2nd year. So no discount for 3rd year renewal. If i don't have any claims on 3rd year, am i eligible for any discount for 4th year renewal?

Meanwhile, Is there any limitation for claims per year for Royal Sundaram bumper to bumper policy? Policy is in the second year.
Yes, 4th year on-wards you would be eligible for NCB again.

There is no limit to the number of claims in a year on an Insurance policy. However there is cap to the limit of the IDV in terms of amount, e.g if you have an IDV of 2 Lakhs your 1st claim was of 1 Lakh the other claim if in the same year would be limited to 1 Lakh any excess you will have to bear the same.

I have a Royal Sundaram policy and this year I had 1 claim on the policy and some of these details were made available during this transaction.
freak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2019, 22:30   #4507
Senior - BHPian

Dear friends, I'm going to dispose of the Elantra GLS 2005. I haven't claimed insurance on it for the last 13 years. I want to know what I can do with the accumulated NCB: can I encash it, use it to pay insurance on my other car the Honda City CVT next year or do I necessarily have to buy a new car in my name to get the benefit of using the NCB. If I sell the car now, how long will the NCB be valid before it lapses prior to which I have to buy a car. My insurer is Tata AIG, both for the Honda City CVT and Hyundai Elantra.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 11th April 2019 at 22:31.
Old 12th April 2019, 01:39   #4508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Dear friends, I'm going to dispose of the Elantra GLS 2005. I haven't claimed insurance on it for the last 13 years. I want to know what I can do with the accumulated NCB: can I encash it, use it to pay insurance on my other car the Honda City CVT next year or do I necessarily have to buy a new car in my name to get the benefit of using the NCB. If I sell the car now, how long will the NCB be valid before it lapses prior to which I have to buy a car. My insurer is Tata AIG, both for the Honda City CVT and Hyundai Elantra.
You can get a No Claim Bonus letter in your name from the insurance company. This can be used to transfer the NCB to a new car that you buy. This is valid for 2 years from date of issue. You may have to pay a little amount to get the NCB letter to the insurance company. They have some formula to calculate the amount. I have done this twice when moving onto new cars.

Last edited by GTO : 26th April 2019 at 17:04. Reason: typo
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 06:04   #4509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
You can get a No Claim Bonus letter in your name from the insurance company. This can be used to transfer the NCB to a new car that you buy. This is valid for 2 years from date of issue. You may have to pay a little amount to get the NCB letter to the insurance company. They have some formula to calculate the amount. I have done this twice when moving onto new cars.
You can transfer the ncb to your other car as well but there's a 45% ncb cap so if your other car already has some ncb it's a waste using the ncb letter on that.

The ncb letter once issued is valid upto three years.

Last edited by GTO : 26th April 2019 at 17:05. Reason: quoted post edited
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 10:29   #4510
Distinguished - BHPian

Dealing for the first time with PolicyBazar customer care, I found how useless and unfruitful this exercise is; such poor is the experience. I had bought a comprehensive car policy (bajaj allianz) now almost a month back. It had a small endorsement to be carried out. Change in RTO to be precise. I provided them the RC & the previous policy clearly stating the RTO. They gave me 3 timelines- first 10 days, then asked for 5 days extension and then again a 5 day extension. All these ended yesterday.There no update at all. I mailed them, called them, had chats with the representatives a number of times. Even calling on their numbers doesn't go beyond the IVR.

Guys, I have lost hope from policy bazar and I think I have done my last business with them.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 10:39   #4511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Guys, I have lost hope from policy bazar and I think I have done my last business with them.
Call Bajaj Allianz customer care. Don't rely on Policy Bazar. I had a similar experience with Policy Bazar. I contacted my insurer (Tata AIG) directly and they updated the policy in 3 days.
Ketan T is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 10:43   #4512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
That's sad to know. I hope you must have mailed to their customer service at this id Head-Customerservices@policybazaar.com. Other options are to tweet them (@policybazaar) or write on their FB page.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 10:54   #4513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
Call Bajaj Allianz customer care. Don't rely on Policy Bazar. I had a similar experience with Policy Bazar. I contacted my insurer (Tata AIG) directly and they updated the policy in 3 days.
Thanks. I mailed to their service support too. No replies. Have escalated to next level today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
That's sad to know. I hope you must have mailed to their customer service at this id Head-Customerservices@policybazaar.com. Other options are to tweet them (@policybazaar) or write on their FB page.
Thanks. I did mail to:

Head-Customerservices@policybazaar.com
service@policybazaar.com
care@policybazaar.com
aamrapali@policybazaar.com

I never shy twice to share any good service received from any provider, be it any sector. But I'm also not known for hiding my disappointment. I don't remember the last time I had such poor experience. I am done with policybazar. This was my last business with them.

Lost hope from them now. Anyone would if you see the pattern of their mails:

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-1.png

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-2.png

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-3.png

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-4.png

Last edited by saket77 : 26th April 2019 at 11:12.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 20:13   #4514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
Don't buy through them, don't get customer service through them. Just not worth the added trouble.

Dealing directly with one insurer for your general insurance needs (mediclaim, car insurance, travel insurance etc) is a good idea, and an even better idea is to walk into any of the insurer's offices and go through an employee there rather than an agent or broker, or online.

If online you'll need to go through a call centre for claims, if you have a local contact at the branch, and especially in a longer term business relationship, you can drop the claims off at the local office and also expedite for example despatching a surveyor, or pre-authorizing some hospitalization expense.

I have that kind of setup with New India Assurance in Chennai since 2002, and it has served me very well. Even if I do most things online, insurance is one thing I try not to do in this manner.
Old 26th April 2019, 21:18   #4515
Distinguished - BHPian

I have an agent and do my renewals online. My agent is a friend, which doesn't necessarily get anything done (except supporting friends!), but at least there is a human I can speak to. He told me that he continues to get his commission on the renewals anyway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks