Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2019, 08:25   #4591
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hi everyone, I have one query. The premium for third party insurance of a car exceeding 1500 cc is Rs. 7890.

I have the SX4 car having 1586 cc engine. One of my close relatives (who is also an agent) told me that the third party premium for this car will be only Rs. 4480 because the production of this car is closed. I was further informed that this offer is from New India Assurance.

I am surprised by this logic. Is this so?
Rahul, the logic is incorrect. Irrespective of whether the car is in production or not, third party liability premium is calculated on the cc of the car and the original cost would be applicable. The IDV is however mutually agreed between Insurance co and the Insured for the cars out of production.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 10:45   #4592
Senior - BHPian

I sold a car in March this year. The car had insurance valid till 10/July/2019 wih 35% NCB. The car was transferred in buyer's name but the buyer never transferred the insurance.

Can I get NCB certificate and use it when I buy a new car in Mar-April'2020?

It was Bajaj allianz insurance taken from Maruti Insurance Broking Pvt. Ltd.
Old 29th August 2019, 11:37   #4593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I sold a car in March this year. The car had insurance valid till 10/July/2019 wih 35% NCB. The car was transferred in buyer's name but the buyer never transferred the insurance.

Can I get NCB certificate and use it when I buy a new car in Mar-April'2020?

It was Bajaj allianz insurance taken from Maruti Insurance Broking Pvt. Ltd.
You should have applied for the NCB certificate after the sale of the car, certificate is valid for 3 yrs. Nevertheless, apply for the NCB certificate now with the Insurance co and use the NCB during the insurance purchase for car in 2020.
Old 29th August 2019, 11:44   #4594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
You should have applied for the NCB certificate after the sale of the car, certificate is valid for 3 yrs.
I did not apply for the NCB certificate after the sale of the car because I sold the car with insurance but buyer did not utilize it.

Quote:
Nevertheless, apply for the NCB certificate now with the Insurance co and use the NCB during the insurance purchase for car in 2020.
What is the time limit to apply? To whom should I contact - Maruti Insurance (issuing Maruti dealer) or Bajaj Allianz?
Old 29th August 2019, 13:26   #4595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did not apply for the NCB certificate after the sale of the car because I sold the car with insurance but buyer did not utilize it.

What is the time limit to apply? To whom should I contact - Maruti Insurance (issuing Maruti dealer) or Bajaj Allianz?
Irrespective of whether the owners renews the insurance on your old car, you are entitled to the NCB. Contact Bajaj Allianz for the NCB as they are the final Insurance co, Maruti is just the dealer issuing the Insurance.
Ideally you should have applied within 3 months of selling the old car, you can apply now and check if they issue it. If not then you need to come up with old tricks like you were out of station/country etc.
Old 14th September 2019, 17:50   #4596
BHPian

My EcoSport's Insurance (Tata AIG) is up for it's first renewal in October next month.
I took these Add-Ons last year - Zero Dep, Return to Invoice & Engine Protection.

As mandated by Govt, my Insurance has 1 Year of Own Damage & 3 Years of Third Party Liability.

It also has Personal Accident Cover.
- The Personal Accident Cover provided by Tata AIG is applicable for 1 Year or 3 Years?
- If Not for 3 Years, is there a Govt Law which forces us to buy PA Cover?

I wish to move Own Damage to another Insurance Provider upon renewal - Can I do so while keeping my Third Party Liability with Tata AIG (2018-2021)?

In HDFC Ergo, I see there is an add-on for No Claim Bonus Protection - "Your no claim bonus will be protected for maximum of 3 claims made due to no fault damages or loss caused to a parked vehicle by external means, natural calamities or in case of damages caused to windshield glass due to external object."

I understand the damage has to be only to a stationary car or an accident to be eligible for using this add-on.

I request fellow Members to share their first hand experience or any other details of this Add-On.

Many Thanks!
Old 17th September 2019, 12:22   #4597
BHPian

My car insurance policy has expired in August 2019. I want to renew it (3rd party) now. Can I do it online? Earlier insurer was New India Assurance, next insurer will also be the same.
Old 17th September 2019, 13:16   #4598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevendraG View Post
- The Personal Accident Cover provided by Tata AIG is applicable for 1 Year or 3 Years?
- If Not for 3 Years, is there a Govt Law which forces us to buy PA Cover?

I wish to move Own Damage to another Insurance Provider upon renewal - Can I do so while keeping my Third Party Liability with Tata AIG (2018-2021)?

I understand the damage has to be only to a stationary car or an accident to be eligible for using this add-on.
The Personal Accident cover will be valid for a year only. If you have paid premium for 3 yrs when you bought the insurance, then the validity will be 3 yrs. PA cover is mandatory for every year. Either you buy it along with Insurance or if you already have it from outside then no need to buy again during every renewal.

You can buy OD insurance from different Insurance co other than Tata AIG.

NCB protection add on saves you from the loss of NCB in case of any claims arising due to damage to the vehicle. Not necessarily the car has to be stationary, suggest to read the T&C of the add on or clarify with HDFC before buying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
My car insurance policy has expired in August 2019. I want to renew it (3rd party) now. Can I do it online? Earlier insurer was New India Assurance, next insurer will also be the same.
Expired Insurance cannot be renewed online. One has to visit the branch office of the Insurance co in the city and the vehicle may also be inspected before insurance is issued.
Old 17th September 2019, 13:26   #4599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
Expired policY requires inspection of the vehicle before issuing new one. Some of the insurers accept online/photo/video inspection of the vehicles. PSU insurers are unlikely to have such flexibilities.

Your options are 1. renew with a private player who accepts online inspection or does a home visit and go with NIA next year or 2. visit the nearest NIA office - its a quick job if you visit them in person.
Old 19th September 2019, 10:43   #4600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The Personal Accident cover will be valid for a year only. If you have paid premium for 3 yrs when you bought the insurance, then the validity will be 3 yrs. PA cover is mandatory for every year. Either you buy it along with Insurance or if you already have it from outside then no need to buy again during every renewal.

You can buy OD insurance from different Insurance co other than Tata AIG.

NCB protection add on saves you from the loss of NCB in case of any claims arising due to damage to the vehicle. Not necessarily the car has to be stationary, suggest to read the T&C of the add on or clarify with HDFC before buying.
Thanks @ghodlur for your reply!

Regarding my renewal, I have quote from Dealer for Tata AIG claiming it to be a Ford Partner & offering added benefits like multiple zero dep claims, protection against rat bites (on goodwill basis, no option as such available for add-on), cashless across country, no deduction for salvage charges etc etc. [Not to mention is at a premium of almost 6k over HDFC Ergo even with slightly less IDV]

Although I'm not new to these kind of gimmicks, I wanted an opinion if any of such claims of benefiting from buying Insurance from a Manufacturer-Insurer tie-up are true.

Cashless Transactions - In my experience is totally untrue
Multiple Zero Dep Claims - Defers from Insurer to Insurer & I believe the terms should hold true as long as it's in ink on the policy document
Salvage - This is new for me, not much idea in this regard (I'm opting for Zero Dep & hence I believe it shouldn't matter which Insurer I go for)
Rat bites - This I do believe but take it with a pinch of salt.

I believe I should insist on having all these in writing if I am to go ahead with Dealer Insurance
Old 19th September 2019, 17:54   #4601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The motor vehicles act mandates transfer of insurance within 14 days of receiving the RC book.

Technically "14 days from the date of transfer" so if the ownership transfer takes place but you don't receive your new RC, you had better submit the sale paperwork to your insurer ASAP to get the insurance transferred and NCB letter issued if applicable, and the RC can then be sent to them later on once received.

https://www.advocatekhoj.com/library...of%20insurance

Quote:
157. Transfer of certificate of insurance.

Where a person in whose favour the certificate of insurance has been issued in accordance with the provisions of this Chapter transfers to another person the ownership of the motor vehicle in respect of which such insurance was taken together with the policy of insurance relating thereto, the certificate of insurance and the policy described in the certificate shall be deemed to have been transferred in favour of the person to whom the motor vehicle is transferred with effect from the date of its transfer.

The transferee shall apply within fourteen days from the date of transfer in the prescribed form to the insurer for making necessary changes in regard to the fact of transfer in the certificate of insurance and the policy described in the certificate in his favour and the insurer shall make the necessary changes in the certificate and the policy of insurance in regard to the transfer of insurance.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 22:54   #4602

Hi, recently started using this forum and new here.

I need to know if the mentioned damaged alloy wheels can be replaced by the insurance company or will they allow only for repairs ?

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-img_1838.jpg

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-img_1840.jpg

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-old-1.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 20th September 2019 at 00:22. Reason: Images inserted in-line. Spacing.
Old 20th September 2019, 17:18   #4603
BHPian

Guys, a few points to keep in mind about New India Car Insurance. This might have been shared before, I am just posting again after a costly experience.

You get an enhanced policy if you add any one of the add ons they have. Traditionally an enhanced policy was supposed to only mean a zero depreciation policy. But I just came to know that the fool who did my insurance actually added on towing charges coverage instead of zero depreciation.

My insurance was renewed in April and I just checked the heading if it was an enhanced policy and tucked it away. Now once my zero depreciation claim got rejected I came to know that the add on which was in the policy was not zero depreciation coverage but towing charges one.

I spoke to the claims department person and he clarified that earlier if it was an enhanced policy it meant only zero depreciation but now they have changed it and one gets an enhanced policy by adding any one of the add on.

Each add on is denoted by a number and just remember EC 1 is for zero depreciation. Only the normal claim was processed and I had to pay the extra amount. Just thought I would share this.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 20:40   #4604
BHPian

Hi Team. I am planning to buy a new car. I have shortlisted Hyundai Santro. Is it mandatory to take insurance from the dealer when buying the car?
Old 22nd September 2019, 21:45   #4605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD007 View Post
Is it mandatory to take insurance from the dealer when buying the car?
Certainly not, although they might try to tell you that it is. This sort of practice should be resisted.

On the other hand, I suppose it is not mandatory for a dealer to actually sell you a car!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks