Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2020, 09:57   #4741
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swift VDi Insurance expires on 15/04?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
As I am in a different timezone, calling would be little difficult. Also, would NOT know whether they are running their call center OR will they answer email queries. The insurance expires on 15th. The govt. may extend the lock-down. So, the worry.
You have a grace period anyway and especially during the lockdown all these are being extended so don't worry.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 10:47   #4742
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
The Swift VDi(2009) insurance is expiring on 15/04. Now, with lockdown, I would NOT know how I can renew the same. The current policy is with 'National Insurance' via Maruti Insurance. The Mandovi shop near our place, used to urge us to buy insurance from 'Maruti', so that claims would be cashless and easy.
If you want to stay under the Maruti insurance umbrella, you can renew your policy at:

https://www.marutiinsurance.com/

Just for your information, if you get out of MAruti insurance once, you’ll not be able to join back in future.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 03:32   #4743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Just for your information, if you get out of MAruti insurance once, you’ll not be able to join back in future.
Why is that? BTW, what's the advantage with going via 'Maruti Insurance'?

Earlier, We used to deal directly with Insurance Providers. I don't know when this happened, the 'Mandovi' body shop unit started asking us to get the insurance through 'Maruti' so that claims would be hassle free and cashless. So, we got stuck with these guys.
Old 11th April 2020, 20:11   #4744
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

I have a peculiar case

My cousin’s car insurance (HDFC) expires on 14’th April 2020. 3 weeks ago, she renewed the insurance with another provider as she got a very good deal.

Yesterday, the car got into a minor accident involving stray cattle (cattle is safe) thereby slightly damaging left side of bumper and in the panic, she ran over some rocks near the road boundary damaging front left alloy wheel, left running board and left door panel near fender (all minor damages but quite visible).

The problem is the car has some minor damages on the right side as well (Previous accidents -never cared to attend).
If she has to claim insurance with HDFC that’s expiring in two days, how to proceed as all the service centers are locked down until further notice.

Once the lock-down is lifted, she’ll be with the new insurer and if she claims these damages with the new insurance provider, they may not approve both sides as they are two different accidents. Usually only one accident claim can be made at a time I believe.

Any inputs will be greatly helpful.

Last edited by GladRagu : 11th April 2020 at 20:14. Reason: font error
Old 11th April 2020, 20:31   #4745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladRagu View Post

Once the lock-down is lifted, she’ll be with the new insurer and if she claims these damages with the new insurance provider, they may not approve both sides as they are two different accidents. Usually only one accident claim can be made at a time I believe.
This is true even with the current insurer. She will anyways have to make 2 claims whether with the new insurer or old insurer.
Old 11th April 2020, 21:18   #4746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
This is true even with the current insurer. She will anyways have to make 2 claims whether with the new insurer or old insurer.

I understand but will it be approved as they are two different accidents.

I heard from some people that photographs of the complete car will be taken for the claim process and only one claim will be approved and the other side damages will be rejected stating pre-existing damages.

I don't have much experience with insurance claims as the cars are accident free during my ownership
Old 14th April 2020, 18:57   #4747
BHPian

My insurance is due for renewal on 22nd April 2020. None of the calls to Hyundai are going through. I got Whatsapp messages with quotes from many before lock down. Is it advisable to directly contact the insurance company and do online renewal?
Old 14th April 2020, 19:03   #4748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
My insurance is due for renewal on 22nd April 2020. None of the calls to Hyundai are going through. I got Whatsapp messages with quotes from many before lock down. Is it advisable to directly contact the insurance company and do online renewal?
Why bother with Hyundai. There are multiple options online. Check on coverfox, you will get multiple quotes, get one which suits you.
Old 21st April 2020, 09:59   #4749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
No, PUC is not mandatory for Car Insurance renewal. But it is a good practice to get the PUC done on 6 monthly basis, ignore the facts that the its fake data. Get the PUC done at a reputed place not at the roadside vendors.
Are you sure about this? Today I renewed my auto insurance online at PolicyBazaar, and to the best of my knowledge, there was nowhere during the renewal process where it stated that a valid PUC is a prerequisite. But after I renewed my insurance, I got the policy doc from the insurer and it has T&C stating that it is subject to the prerequisite that I have a valid PUC as on the date of commencement of the Policy!

I'm quite sure my PUC is expired. Noone seems to take it seriously in Blore (unlike MH where I've seen many mobile PUC stns on road), so it just slips my mind to renew PUC.

I then googled a bit and to my dismay I did find some links that say that a PUC is required for insurance renewal, effective a SC ruling in mid 2018: https://www.livemint.com/Money/9D8zb...hould-you.html

Now I'm worried if any claim (if any, I sure hope there is never a need for a claim) will be entertained bcoz of this hole!

Thoughts?
Old 29th April 2020, 17:58   #4750
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Are you sure about this? Today I renewed my auto insurance online at PolicyBazaar, and to the best of my knowledge, there was nowhere during the renewal process where it stated that a valid PUC is a prerequisite. But after I renewed my insurance, I got the policy doc from the insurer and it has T&C stating that it is subject to the prerequisite that I have a valid PUC as on the date of commencement of the Policy!

I'm quite sure my PUC is expired. Noone seems to take it seriously in Blore (unlike MH where I've seen many mobile PUC stns on road), so it just slips my mind to renew PUC.

I then googled a bit and to my dismay I did find some links that say that a PUC is required for insurance renewal, effective a SC ruling in mid 2018: https://www.livemint.com/Money/9D8zb...hould-you.html

Now I'm worried if any claim (if any, I sure hope there is never a need for a claim) will be entertained bcoz of this hole!

Thoughts?

Can you not just take a PUC now? Even if they ask, you can always tell the old expired yesterday and you thew it away. I dont think there is a way for them to check the continuity of your PUC from the date of purchase of your vehicle.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 18:02   #4751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Can you not just take a PUC now? Even if they ask, you can always tell the old expired yesterday and you thew it away. I dont think there is a way for them to check the continuity of your PUC from the date of purchase of your vehicle.
Good idea, will do the PUC after the lockdown ends.
Old 29th April 2020, 21:35   #4752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Good idea, will do the PUC after the lockdown ends.
All petrol pumps are open and quite a few of them have PUC stations attached.

You should be able to get your PUC even now if you need it.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 14:18   #4753
Senior - BHPian

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Posting a query on behalf of my friend. My friend owns a Skoda Octavia registered in his father's name, the car met with a small accident yesterday and as per rules he called the insurance company to register the claim, the repairs have to wait because of the lockdown.

The issue now is the insurance company has told him that the registered owned of the car needs to be present to file the claim and sign on claim form, his father is presently in UAE and it would be months before he can come to India as i do not see international flights being open soon.

How does this work out now? Have never filed a claim yet so do not know how this goes. Am sure there must be a workaround since so many people work abroad while the family uses the car in India.
Old 3rd May 2020, 19:55   #4754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

How does this work out now? Have never filed a claim yet so do not know how this goes. Am sure there must be a workaround since so many people work abroad while the family uses the car in India.
All he requires is a formal Authorisation. Not required to be present. Contact the Branch where he has insured. The Claims Agent is just going by the script that is all.

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 17:07   #4755
Senior - BHPian

Hi
I purchased Dominar 400 in Feb 2019 with 5 year insurance. The query I have is, the policy mentions

OD Period as "From 29 Feb 2019 to 27 Feb 2024"
TP period as "From 29 Feb 2019 to 27 Feb 2024"
But third one
PA as "From 29 Feb 2019 to 27 Feb 2020"

I understand PA is personal accident cover. Now, should I take another policy for PA Separately? Or can I ignore since I have accident cover separately from my company?

If suggestion is to purchase PA cover separately, where and how should I go about?

Please guide

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks