Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2020, 08:11   #4786
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Hi Friends,

kindly provide your inputs on which all add-on covers are recommended for a 2-year old car.
1. Depreciation Cover
2. Return to Invoice
3. NCB Protection
4. Engine Protection - Will this not be covered by Manufacturer's warranty?
5. Key Replacement Cover
6. Loss of Personal Belonging
7. Road Side Assistance / Emergency Assistance - Some like Royal Sundaram include this as standard

The first 3 items form a major chunk of premium. Thanks
My suggestions:
1. Mandatory
2. Not reqd
3. Can be opted.
4. If your travel involves flood prone area or water logged areas then only otherwise not reqd.
5. Can be opted
6. Not reqd
7. You should be having the car manufacturer provided RSA, isnt it?
ghodlur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 18:05   #4787
BHPian

Does anybody have an idea of Raheja QBE's car insurance? They seem to be handing out pretty good deals since the company is new. I did some research and find their claims settlement ratio to be better than average.
Old 9th July 2020, 09:45   #4788
BHPian

Don't know if this has been asked before, searched but couldn't find anything.

I bought a used bike last year, got the ownership and insurance transferred to my name. (paid differential amount equivalent to previous owner's NCB to get insurance transferred). Now with renewal date coming next week, I want to know if i am eligible for 1st year NCB? or will i get 0% NCB since insurance was transferred within last 1 year itself.
No insurance claim was made either by myself or previous owner for the said vehicle.
Old 16th July 2020, 17:23   #4789
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,

kindly provide your inputs on which all add-on covers are recommended for a 2-year old car.
1. Depreciation Cover
2. Return to Invoice
3. NCB Protection
5. Key Replacement Cover
7. Road Side Assistance / Emergency Assistance - Some like Royal Sundaram include this as standard

I have a Tata Zest insured by Royal Sundaram. I have always taken first 4.
I strongly recommend the 2nd one especially in cities notorious for vehicle theft (e.g. Delhi-NCR)

This engine protection is for damages due to water logging. Nowadays no major city is safe from water logging in the rains. This is not covered under warranty.

NCB protection allows you to claim insurance for minor things which people usually forego so as to safeguard the NCB amount
low_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 08:28   #4790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgps View Post
Now with renewal date coming next week, I want to know if i am eligible for 1st year NCB? or will i get 0% NCB since insurance was transferred within last 1 year itself.
You will eligible for 1st year NCB. Remember NCB stays with the owner and not the vehicle.
Old 19th July 2020, 03:29   #4791

Quote:
Hi Friends,

1. Depreciation Cover
2. Return to Invoice
3. NCB Protection
5. Key Replacement Cover

There cannot be a one fit all answer when it comes to Insurance.It's an personal plan that has to be chosen based on our requirements and also after studying the finer prints of the respective insurance plans.

1.Depreciation Cover.

This has to be chosen majorly based on our driving habits and the general road behaviour around. If the vehicle will be driven by new drivers or just in case many drivers and driven in a environment of bad road behaviours,where we are not certain of the risk probability for accidents or where the risk probability is high,better to opt for depreciation cover.

2.Return to Invoice.

1)Higher Probability for Accidents - Then choose this
2)Higher Probability for theft - Then choose this.
3)Higher Probability of damage due to natural calamities - Then Choose this.

But we need to ensure if the rider option covers all this.

For 3,4,5,6,7 and even for 1&2 too - Ask for the specifics for the particular rider option from your agent.If he doesn't provide it, you can find it online too,IRDA publishes it from the respective insurance companies.The finer prints vary a lot from every insurance providers.Like say for NCB protector,some insurance companies carry forward the NCB only in cases of partial loss claims,some have claim percentages etc etc.We need to look at the specifics and have to see if it will work for us,then only we can take a decision of a yes or no.
endlesspoetry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 19:26   #4792
BHPian

Hi everyone!
I need to claim insurance due to a pothole damage.
Car- MS Ignis.
Insurance- Go digit Maruti Insurance.

I was on way from Hyderabad to Patna and just before exiting the Hyderabad city, I failed to notice a big pot hole and my Ignis literally jumped over it damaging the bumper, rim and probably some suspension components. Car was still in driving condition so drove it to Patna without any issues.

As Bihar is under lock down, survey would happen only after 31st. However I had a with with Digit surveyor who said such claims are called " road transit" and according to IRDA it's not covered under insurance.

Is it true that pothole damages are not covered under insurance or the surveyor is just bluffing?

Thank you.
Old 27th July 2020, 17:51   #4793
BHPian

Hi,
My car insurance policy is due for renewal next month and i have a query, it is that is the hyundai assured insurance policy only available through hyundai dealership?
my query is that if I get hdfc ergo (one of the insurer partners under hyundai assurance programme) insurance done from a third party dealer or directly from hdfc ergo's website - will it be treated as hyundai assured or will it only be considered as hyundai assured if done from hyundai dealership?
Old 29th July 2020, 08:47   #4794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramansh View Post
Hi,
My car insurance policy is due for renewal next month and i have a query, it is that is the hyundai assured insurance policy only available through hyundai dealership?
my query is that if I get hdfc ergo (one of the insurer partners under hyundai assurance programme) insurance done from a third party dealer or directly from hdfc ergo's website - will it be treated as hyundai assured or will it only be considered as hyundai assured if done from hyundai dealership?
How much is the premium difference between the one bought through Hyundai or directly outside.
If you had a HDFC Ergo policy through Hyundai assurance, you may as well get the Insurance from HDFC Ergo directly through their website. If Hyundai is arm twisting you to buy the insurance through Hyundai Assurance ask them to match the HDFC ergo quote.
Old 3rd August 2020, 05:56   #4795

Quote:
Hi,
Am not sure what the "Hyundai Assurance Programme" is about.I am just giving a general view on how we should look into this.As far as insurance is concerned,no brokers(am not sure if Hyundai has any brokers license or if they have tied up with some) can directly or indirectly influence a clients insurance choice.In that sense,no can void us a benefit linking it with policy buying choice.

Am not a legal or insurance expert,these are my personal inferences.

The link for the IRDA Guidelines on MISP
https://irdai.gov.in/ADMINCMS/cms/fr...eNo3243&flag=1
Old 3rd August 2020, 20:03   #4796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
is the hyundai assured insurance policy only available through hyundai dealership?
Probably yes. Because IIRC Hyundai Assured (or Assurance?) is just a fancy term for insurance policies sold through Hyundai dealers.

You can check quotes from few insurers and then get in touch with Hyundai to know more about the benefits if you buy through them. I think at max they'll promise faster and smoother claims which is not worth more than a few hundred bucks in my opinion. If you're based in Delhi, let me tell you that insurance claims are not much of a hassle anyways.
Old 6th August 2020, 00:34   #4797

My experience with the maruti insurance broker and maruti suzuki,just sharing my experience.I am sure that most of you would have faced such issues in someway or the other.I had faced so many of these issues in the past with several business where customers are not listened at all,just another experience which I can handle it,the outcome am not very sure.Writing this here so as a forum,collectively if there will be any possibilities for us to avoid these issues for future vehicle buyers at-least.

My Initial official written communication to the dealer regarding Insurance.

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-screen-shot-1.png

The first official written communication to maruti insurance brokers.

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-screen-shot-2.png

The first acknowledged reply from maruti insurance brokers,until before this there have been no official acknowledgement with a ticket number.Before this too,I had asked for a ticket number,the several times I spoke with the customer care etc,but not once they were giving a ticket number.

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-screen-shot-3.png

The final email sent now,hoping for the best,will keep you posted.

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-screen-shot-4.png

I had requested the Dealer's insurance manager several times to reach out to MIBPL and get it done,it all went into deaf ears.I had also asked him to give a email stating the reasons why they cannot issue the policy as required by me.He was not ready to provide me any written communication/acknowledgement,how will he?

The only consolation is my young Relationship Manager,he is sincere and fair in providing his support and not trying to play any pressure tactics from the beginning!
Old 6th August 2020, 08:16   #4798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlesspoetry View Post
My experience with the maruti insurance broker and maruti suzuki,just sharing my experience.I am sure that most of you would have faced such issues in someway or the other.
Tell your dealer you don't want insurance and source New India's insurance policy directly from New India, it will be a lot cheaper. I think you said Nexa in Kattupakkam so that's Chennai. I can put you in touch with someone who works for New India's Adyar office (not a broker or agent) and they'll help you get a decent policy.
Old 6th August 2020, 10:10   #4799

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Tell your dealer you don't want insurance and source New India's insurance policy directly from New India, it will be a lot cheaper. I think you said Nexa in Kattupakkam so that's Chennai. I can put you in touch with someone who works for New India's Adyar office (not a broker or agent) and they'll help you get a decent policy.
Thanks mate, but it is not about the rates,and the rates are standardised across whether we buy it directly from New India or through a broker or a agent.We don't get a tariff rebate unless we give big business to them,any insurers for that matter.And I don't know from where this big myth revolves around that buying directly from the insurer will be cheaper,I see it time and again.I have asked maruti to structure the policy,the way I need it and they aren't doing it just because of the lethargic functioning of their insurance departments because they are getting easy business.Also,I have said them that,I will buy my policy myself,they aren't letting me do that too,they are asking for a price rise on the agreed vehicle price if I had to move to other brokers.
Old 6th August 2020, 10:16   #4800
Senior - BHPian

It will be cheaper because the insurer has more scope to structure the policy for you, the brokers at corporates like car dealers are under strict targets to sell insurance so they won’t be flexible to accommodate your customisations and you end up paying a lower premium, they get less commission.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks