Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2023, 17:32   #5536
Team-BHP Support

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Is it equally easy or tough to get a no claim bonus certificate from all insurers?
Very easy. When I sold my car, I emailed the insurer (Iffco Tokio) regarding the NCB. I was told they'd issue it rightaway if I paid the prorated premium (for the months left on the policy), or I could wait till it expired. Since there was just a month left for the policy to expire, and there was still time for my next car to come, I decided to wait.

Once the policy expired, they asked me to mail them a copy of the RC, and delivery note (proof of sale) and issued the NCB after ~three business days.

Submitted that letter at the dealership for my next car; and while they took the full amount of the insurance policy of the new car, refunded the NCB-equivalent by cheque after a week.

On a new car, carrying the NCB over brings about massive savings so absolutely worth the effort of running around a bit.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 12:39   #5537
BHPian

Are vehicles registered with defence plates insured or governed under local MVD rules? Saw a school bus with defence plates narrowly missing a fender bender. What would be the normal legal/insurance procedures for an opposite party, if vehicles with defence registrations are involved in an accident?
Old 14th October 2023, 19:14   #5538

My cars insurance expired on 28/05/23,my previous insurer was Bajaj Allianz with 20% NCB (wherein cars ownership transferred from my mother's name to my father's name) and the new insurance policy was taken from reliance general insurance(on 11/05/23) with same add-ons as the previous policy(ie engine cover+zero dep) .In the newer policy the NCB came to be 25%(as it should be as no claim was placed in the previous policy)
Now on 29 June ,23 rgicl sent a letter an letter stating the requirement for NCB certificate as they were not able to verify NCB status with Bajaj, although the letter was not delivered to me and returned to rgicl office in Indore(the content in letter was later told by companies representative on my insistence after raising complaint).
In late July I recieve a letter from rgicl stating that my policy add-ons are cancelled due to non verification of NCB and now only third party insurance is valid and whatever amount is valid has been returned to my account.
After multiple followups and complains to rgicl ,they demand for a NCB certificate,i contacted Bajaj Allianz for the same and they stated Grace period is over,now I tried to make complaints to Bajajs appellate authority and raising new request but since last 1 month they are not responsive.
What should be my course ahead in such a situation,thought of taking a new policy altogether but that would possibly not include zero dep as car is already in its 6th year and only a few insurers offer it after 5 years,Bajaj is not responsive at all and I am stuck with practically no insurance(only third party)
Any suggestions would be highly welcome.
Regards
Old 15th October 2023, 11:07   #5539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DhruvBhardwaj View Post
In late July I recieve a letter from rgicl stating that my policy add-ons are cancelled due to non verification of NCB and now only third party insurance is valid and whatever amount is valid has been returned to my account.
Thats highly unprofessional of Reliance Insurance to do so as non confirmation of NCB results in only the cancellation of the NCB amount and not the add ons for which you have already paid the amount. Ideally they should have asked you to refund the NCB amount claimed on pro rata basis only. Your OD + addons and TPL policy should be intact.

You will need to raise this with Reliance ombudsman and Bajaj Ombudsman keeping the IRDAI in loop with detailed communication exchanges evidences. Plus you will need to raise the voice where required since the people in both Insurance cos are thick skinned. If possible take the help of a reliable agent who can do the running around part.
Old 30th October 2023, 20:07   #5540

Hello,

I am purchasing a new Skoda Slavia Style 1.0L AT and we are stuck on Insurance. I am purchasing the vehicle in my spouse's name and we have options of SBI General (with SBI Staff discount), ICICI Lombard (from dealer's end) and TATA AIG( also from dealer). The dealer has agreed to match the SBI General's offer and has given a quote with premium less than that of SBI with more add-ons. But my spouse has categorically refused to buy TATA insurance due to bad experience with their life insurance, to the extent that she cannot buy term life insurance even from SBI now. So I am confused between ICICI Lombard and SBI General. I am sure the dealer will give me a better quote with ICICI too. Is it safe to go with dealer's insurance if he can match the offer? How does ICICI Lombard fare in comparison to SBI General? The dilemma lies with the ease of claim settlement, especially in cashless mode and renewal benefits. Kindly suggest.

Regards
Old 31st October 2023, 10:17   #5541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeSpiegel26 View Post
Hello,

I am purchasing a new Skoda Slavia Style 1.0L AT and we are stuck on Insurance. I am purchasing the vehicle in my spouse's name and we have options of SBI General (with SBI Staff discount), ICICI Lombard (from dealer's end) and TATA AIG( also from dealer). The dealer has agreed to match the SBI General's offer and has given a quote with premium less than that of SBI with more add-ons. But my spouse has categorically refused to buy TATA insurance due to bad experience with their life insurance, to the extent that she cannot buy term life insurance even from SBI now. So I am confused between ICICI Lombard and SBI General. I am sure the dealer will give me a better quote with ICICI too. Is it safe to go with dealer's insurance if he can match the offer? How does ICICI Lombard fare in comparison to SBI General? The dilemma lies with the ease of claim settlement, especially in cashless mode and renewal benefits. Kindly suggest.

Regards
It is always better to check network coverage (cashless) for smoother and faster claim processing. Would advise you to check if SBI has cashless tie up with your choice of Skoda SC.

I have used ICICI insurance and never had any issues during claims. Usually it depends on the service center tie up with the insurance company.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 14:38   #5542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
It is always better to check network coverage (cashless) for smoother and faster claim processing. Would advise you to check if SBI has cashless tie up with your choice of Skoda SC.

I have used ICICI insurance and never had any issues during claims. Usually it depends on the service center tie up with the insurance company.
I compared both the quotations and found them somewhat at par. Both SBI and ICICI have cashless tie up and I found the claim process and settlement ratios of both the companies to be good. Coincidentally, I was suggested to go with United Insurance at the last minute by my in laws as their family friend is an employee and has gotten us a good discount.
Old 6th November 2023, 12:04   #5543
Senior - BHPian

My 2007 two wheeler turns 16 next month. Was planning to renew the insurance however when I checked in policy bazaar I can see only 3rd party insurance available? I have been doing comprehensive insurance all this while. Renewed the FC last year December when it turned 15 years.

Most of the insurance firms straightaway are denying even giving an option for 15+ year vehicle & in policy bazaar I see 2-3 options but only third-party. So is it like for vehicles older than 15 years nobody provides comprehensive insurance & only TP insurance is available? Its showing ~1.4k for 1 year of TP insurance.

While I am OK with just TP insurance as well but hope its not mandatory to have comprehensive legally as per RTO rule book?

Last edited by SoumenD : 6th November 2023 at 12:06.
Old 6th November 2023, 12:30   #5544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
While I am OK with just TP insurance as well but hope its not mandatory to have comprehensive legally as per RTO rule book?
Only TP insurance is mandatory as per law.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 14:12   #5545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

Most of the insurance firms straightaway are denying even giving an option for 15+ year vehicle & in policy bazaar I see 2-3 options but only third-party. So is it like for vehicles older than 15 years nobody provides comprehensive insurance & only TP insurance is available? Its showing ~1.4k for 1 year of TP insurance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Only TP insurance is mandatory as per law.
Update : Got a comprehensive insurance from Acko. Was costing ~200INR more than TP, so went ahead with that.

But overall insurance costs are going up every year. Last year it cost me 1.6k, today it cost me 1.75k for the 16 year old basic 160cc two wheeler.

Last edited by SoumenD : 6th November 2023 at 14:13.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 11:03   #5546
BHPian

I see Multi Year / Long Term Car Insurance articles in many websites like Acko or Policy Bazaar but somehow I am unable to purchase one of them online.

Do multi year car insurance exists at all these days?
Old 16th November 2023, 09:57   #5547
Senior - BHPian

Have to give my Kia Sonet for an insurance claim on Monday to nearest Kia Service center. Got my insurance done from outside this time. Liberty insurance and Kia guys are saying they don't have a tie up with them so the claim won't be cashless.

Is this true dealership can deny cashless claim if they don't have tie up with insurance company?

What are my options. Should I pay from pocket and then claim from insurance company. Is the process smooth for this?
Old 16th November 2023, 19:21   #5548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Is this true dealership can deny cashless claim if they don't have tie up with insurance company?
Yes. Claim will be treated as reimbursement type if dealer is not listed in insurer's cashless garage list.

Quote:
What are my options. Should I pay from pocket and then claim from insurance company. Is the process smooth for this?
This is the only option. Can't say about Liberty, but my reimbursement claim with Acko in 2022 went smoothly.
Old 16th November 2023, 21:46   #5549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Yes. Claim will be treated as reimbursement type if dealer is not listed in insurer's cashless garage list.

This is the only option. Can't say about Liberty, but my reimbursement claim with Acko in 2022 went smoothly.
OK.
Do we have to do anything from our end or dealership will process claim with insurance oj our behalf.
Old 16th November 2023, 22:12   #5550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
OK.
Do we have to do anything from our end or dealership will process claim with insurance oj our behalf.
Dealership will process claim as usual. The only difference is you'll have to pay the amount in full when the car is ready and then share the bill with insurance company for reimbursement.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks