Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2024, 09:16   #5581
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK Dhanuka View Post

Question is are above information sought mandatory for me to provide and can not sharing result in Acko denying claim?

."
Did you get a CSR certificate from the local police station where the accident happened? This certificate from the police will have all the details like place and people travelling in it and the insurance company cannot deny it. Since it’s not an FIR it will not create any hassle.

Last edited by saisree : 11th January 2024 at 09:17.
Old 11th January 2024, 09:32   #5582

Unfortunately no :(
Didn't think that CSR/FIR was needed for non injury claims. Also the truck kept driving and i was under false impression that police only registers complaint if both parties are present.
Old 11th January 2024, 13:43   #5583
adv
BHPian

Hello, I’m coming up on the insurance renewal for my 2018 Vento. Is it worth getting a zero dep insurance for such a car or stick to just comprehensive?
Old 11th January 2024, 13:48   #5584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv View Post
Hello, I’m coming up on the insurance renewal for my 2018 Vento. Is it worth getting a zero dep insurance for such a car or stick to just comprehensive?
As long as you get the zero dep add on cover, you should take it for your car irrespective of the model. As the car ages, the zero dep add on will cost a substantial part of the Insurance premium.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 16:48   #5585
BHPian

I have put a claim for my two wheeler accident with Iffco Tokio.
My Activa hit a tempo from behind and fell on left side damaging the front mud guard and left fender and little scratches here and there.

The claim is lying with Iffco Tokio surveyor for last two weeks. Surveyor approved and rejected on phone call some items from the job card estimates that the workshop prepared.

Can I proceed for repair on his oral approval? What is the correct way to get approval for whatever items they are approving? Shouldn't these be written on paper?

This is not cashless (not sure why or how). I don't want to be in a position that after repair work when I claim the money, then Iffco Tokio simply refuses to honour it.
Old 11th January 2024, 18:06   #5586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv View Post
Depends on your preference. Do you claim often or do you prefer to repair at FNG? If your preference is to claim insurance then zero dep is the way to go.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 10:29   #5587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Can I proceed for repair on his oral approval?
Don't, otherwise be prepared to pay from your pocket.

Quote:
What is the correct way to get approval for whatever items they are approving? Shouldn't these be written on paper?
After the incident is reported, the vehicle is surveyed either online or by an appointed person. Repair work must be started only after receiving an approval from the insurance company. The approval will clearly state what all part replacements and repairs have to be carried out, based on damage assessment done by the workshop. Even if some items are rejected, you can proceed with repair for the approved items. But don't do anything based on oral commitments.

All the developments in claim cases, from surveyor appointment and claim approval to repair and reimbursement status, are generally communicated through e-mail or the insurance company's customer portal.

Take a firm stance and reach out to Iffco Tokio's customer care to understand the claim process.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 11:08   #5588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK Dhanuka View Post
Unfortunately no :(
Didn't think that CSR/FIR was needed for non injury claims. Also the truck kept driving and i was under false impression that police only registers complaint if both parties are present.
Try to get one.. No need for all the parties to be involved. If you have the no of the tempo/truck just inform. This will resolve all your issues.
Old 12th January 2024, 11:11   #5589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post

Now this year HDFC ergo sent message to renew but added TP coverage wrongly which they covered already till 2025. Renewal premium is 17K INR including 2K TP coverage. My ordeal started from asking them to remove the wrongly added TP in the renewal quote so that net premium is 15K.

I tried their email help desk and they asked to do EKYC and sent a link that now increased the premium to 29K INR. I got a automated IVR call that tells premium is 34K INR.

Yesterday, I logged into their website and surprisingly found the premium to be 19K with slight increase in add on covers but it still has 2K INR as TP premium.

I got fed up and tried their call centre and finally they verified and agreed to remove TP as it is already covered by them. Also, confirmed it will take 24 hours to update in website. Today, when I visited, the premium is increased to 24K but still has 2K INR included in it. Overall, it is a huge mess to renew with them. So I am now checking with other insurers to renew OD coverage.

Did you get any explanation for the constantly changing quote?
Old 12th January 2024, 11:20   #5590
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
Did you get any explanation for the constantly changing quote?
Absolutely no. I even tried the Twitter route. Even in the final 24K INR quote, they have wrongly added the TP coverage premium. They simply acknowledge and are passing days. Looks like they don't want to insure the vehicle. So I went with Tata AIG for 18K with the same add on covers as my renewal is just couple of weeks away.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 06:46   #5591
BHPian

Hi, I am planning to buy a new car and have started contacting dealerships. Yesterday got the rate list for Honda City. It has 3rd year insurance mentioned. Google says it's as per SC mandate.
Is this compulsory to take? What if I go with one year comprehensive insurance only? Will it impact registration?
Old 13th January 2024, 06:50   #5592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Hi, I am planning to buy a new car and have started contacting dealerships. Yesterday got the rate list for Honda City. It has 3rd year insurance mentioned. Google says it's as per SC mandate.
Is this compulsory to take? What if I go with one year comprehensive insurance only? Will it impact registration?
Three years third party insurance is compulsory for new car registration. First time policy consists of 3 years TP and 1 year own damage cover. During second and third year, you only renew own damage cover.

It is not necessary to buy insurance via dealer if you find better quote outside. You can negotiate with dealer to match outside quote or buy on your own and can save some money.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 13th January 2024 at 06:59.
Aviator_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 14:47   #5593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Don't, otherwise be prepared to pay from your pocket.
Take a firm stance and reach out to Iffco Tokio's customer care to understand the claim process.
Happy to quote that after complaining on Twitter, got several calls and the surveyor and his boss, came to workshop and went through each items and approved as per their policy.

Repair is underway. Will Update on payment process once bills are submitted.
fordday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 07:04   #5594
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hello, BHPians!
I don't know whether the query has been posted before, so here goes.
I own a Honda Aviator 2016 model which has accumulated 50% NCB and I am thinking of upgrading to an Electric Scooter, I was wondering whether I can use the NCB Retention Letter or NCB Certificate against the purchase of insurance for a new Electric Scooter. As far as I see, in the case of Ola, you have to pay the entire cost of the scooter, including Insurance, registration, taxes, and accessories upfront, so how can I make use of my NCB in such a case? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 11:13   #5595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
As far as I see, in the case of Ola, you have to pay the entire cost of the scooter, including Insurance, registration, taxes, and accessories upfront, so how can I make use of my NCB in such a case? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Surely you should be able to buy Insurance on your own instead of from Ola. You can use the NCB then while buying the Insurance. All you have to do is give the Insurance policy to Ola for registering the 2 wheeler.

Are you exchanging your old 2 wheeler at Ola or selling it off independently.

The Existing 2 wheeler Insurer might put a cog in the wheel saying the NCB certificate will be issued post the confirmation of the sale of the vehicle, in that case ask for a NCB endorsement instead which can be still used to buy insurance for the new vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks