Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2024, 12:11   #5596
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Surely you should be able to buy Insurance on your own instead of from Ola. You can use the NCB then while buying the Insurance. All you have to do is give the Insurance policy to Ola for registering the 2 wheeler.

Are you exchanging your old 2 wheeler at Ola or selling it off independently.

The Existing 2 wheeler Insurer might put a cog in the wheel saying the NCB certificate will be issued post the confirmation of the sale of the vehicle, in that case ask for a NCB endorsement instead which can be still used to buy insurance for the new vehicle.
Yes, I have a few options to buy Insurance independently, with HDFC Ergo, Acko, Digit, Reliance, and the like providing fairly priced quotes, although the quotes from Ola (through Reliance itself) are somehow cheaper than directly through the Reliance website, however, the 50% NCB should make it cheaper.

No, I am selling the vehicle independently, the sale will be completed shortly. I bought the insurance through United India and have requested an NCB Retention Letter or NCB Certificate, they say it will take 10 to 14 days. I guess I should ask for an NCB endorsement instead and hopefully, that would be enough to buy insurance for my new vehicle.

I have not finalized Ola yet, but if in the case it does come out to be the final choice, I wanted to know the options available. I am also considering the Hero Vida V1 Pro, Bajaj Chetak Premium, Ather 450X, and TVS IQUBE all of which can be bought either online or through a dealership, and Insurance can be taken separately without hassle.

But with Ola, if I book through Experience Centre, they are straight out denying outside insurance and don't even care about NCB (My cousin had 50% NCB but booked through Ola Experience Centre and couldn't avail the benefit of NCB) and the only choice is online, and then this message appears, is it anything to be worried about, and would it involve any issues or hassle, if not, I am more than ready to take insurance on my own and avail the benefit of 50% NCB which I have earned.

Name:  Insurance OLA.png
Views: 228
Size:  54.1 KB

Another question, I have is in the case of my cousin, he has the NCB Certificate but already booked through OLA paying the full amount for 1 Year TP + 5 year OD insurance, can he avail the benefit of the current NCB letter on his next renewal, if he doesn't make any claims this year (His scooter will be delivered by February 15th only)
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 13:26   #5597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
But with Ola, if I book through Experience Centre, they are straight out denying outside insurance and don't even care about NCB (My cousin had 50% NCB but booked through Ola Experience Centre and couldn't avail the benefit of NCB) and the only choice is online, and then this message appears, is it anything to be worried about, and would it involve any issues or hassle, if not, I am more than ready to take insurance on my own and avail the benefit of 50% NCB which I have earned.

Another question, I have is in the case of my cousin, he has the NCB Certificate but already booked through OLA paying the full amount for 1 Year TP + 5 year OD insurance, can he avail the benefit of the current NCB letter on his next renewal, if he doesn't make any claims this year (His scooter will be delivered by February 15th only)
This is indeed new age arm twisting by OEMs. If Ola's Insurance quote is lesser than the market quote then it should be ok to buy from them provided they offer all the T&Cs which the market Insurance offers including the add ons if applicable.

If you are unable to apply the NCB during the Insurance purchase, you can proactively approach the Insurance co and take a confirmation from them that the NCB amount applicable would be refunded post Insurance buy out and the eligible NCB will reflect in the policy document.

Your cousin can do the above as well. If Insurance co tries to act smart by refusing to refund the NCB amount, he can surely claim the same during the renewal next year. But a mail/letter should be sent for the same well in advance to avoid any last minute surprises.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 12:29   #5598
BHPian

I'm looking at renewing the car insurance for a BRV that I picked up last July. Car is registered in Mumbai but I live in Pune.
The car will complete 7 years in Feb 24, The existing policy is with Raheja QBE and will expire by end of the month. The existing policy has add ons for zero dep.

I have collected multiple quotations for renewal. Details are as follows:

From Solitaire Honda (Mumbai)
Raheja QBE (Existing insurer) - 11.7k, no zero dep
Universal Sompo - 33.5k, this includes zero dep add on of 13.9k
HDFC Ergo, ICICI Lombard - 16.7k, no zero dep

From Crystal honda (Pune)
Liberty - 14.9, no zero dep
Royal Sundaram - 30k, includes zero dep add on of 7.6k

Policy bazaar
Bajaj Allianz - 7.6k, no zero dep

Here's where I need help:
Car is going to be used and serviced in Pune, It is covered under the honda extended warranty and hence I will be quite dependent on the dealer (Crystal Honda). For this reason, I feel that it would be beneficial to get the insurance through them.

The existing insurer is cheaper (by 3k), but crystal honda is not listed as a supported garage on their website. Garve honda is the only one listed under Pune.

Lastly, the policybazaar quote, how can it be so far off the dealer quote?
I'm averse to getting a policy from them since I prefer to have the dealer handle insurance claims directly with the insurance company. I've experienced this twice with Maruti and in both cases my claims were processed very smoothly with the dealer handling everything.

I have almost made up my mind to get the policy from crystal honda, would you suggest otherwise?
Old 18th January 2024, 13:28   #5599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomson13 View Post
I have almost made up my mind to get the policy from crystal honda, would you suggest otherwise?
It is important that your preferred garage is in cashless network of the insurance company you chose. It makes the claim and settlement process much more streamlined and peaceful. If you are ok with the dealer quote and you believe that they would handle claim processing, then I'd recommend you to go with them.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 16:41   #5600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomson13 View Post
I have collected multiple quotations for renewal.
Generally, dealership quotes are inflated. Take quotes directly from insurance company websites. Zero dep or not, especially in case of cars where the repair amount can run into lakhs, it is highly recommended to go with an insurer that has a cashless tie-up with your preferred dealer.

If an insurance company has your preferred authorized dealer(s) listed in their cashless garages, it is safe to proceed with them without involving the dealer in between. However, I'd suggest going through the dealer if the difference is only a couple of thousands. A dealer-provided policy does offer added peace of mind.

Quote:
Car is going to be used and serviced in Pune, It is covered under the honda extended warranty and hence I will be quite dependent on the dealer (Crystal Honda).

The existing insurer is cheaper (by 3k), but crystal honda is not listed as a supported garage on their website. Garve honda is the only one listed under Pune.
Is Garve too far from your place? If the car is covered under Honda extended warranty, you can claim warranty at any authorized dealer, be it Garve or Crystal. The same goes for insurance claims. There's no need to be dependent on one dealer for anything.

Last edited by self_driven : 18th January 2024 at 16:43.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 23:33   #5601
BHPian

Hello,

Can anyone help me with steps on how to get insurance from Outside as dealer quote is a way higher and they are not willing to negotiate much?

I have delivery planned for next Monday. How should I proceed? Car will also be on loan.

Dealer is saying you need to have insurance before you take the car outside his yard. If I go to policy baazar and other portals they are asking for car details.

Please help.

Thanks!!
Old 30th January 2024, 00:10   #5602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy2021 View Post
Dealer is saying you need to have insurance before you take the car outside his yard.
Yes that is correct.
Quote:
If I go to policy baazar and other portals they are asking for car details.
I just tried buying one from Policy Bazaar it only asks for Make, Model and the Ex Showroom Price. Choose the add ons which you want; confirm them and it will take you to the payment portal.
Old 30th January 2024, 00:56   #5603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
Yes that is correct.

I just tried buying one from Policy Bazaar it only asks for Make, Model and the Ex Showroom Price. Choose the add ons which you want; confirm them and it will take you to the payment portal.
Do they ask for other car details like number, chasis number etc? When do we provide that details?
Old 30th January 2024, 01:08   #5604
BHPian

Quote:
Do they ask for other car details like number, chasis number etc? When do we provide that details?
I don’t exactly know but I presume you would need to get in touch with your Insurance company and share the VIN, Chassis, etc. I tried buying just for sake of trying and didn’t actually buy one.

I had renewed my bike insurance from them and the insurance copy was generated instantly. I guess it would be similar for a new car too.
Old 30th January 2024, 06:17   #5605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Can anyone help me with steps on how to get insurance from Outside as dealer quote is a way higher and they are not willing to negotiate much?

I have delivery planned for next Monday. How should I proceed? Car will also be on loan.

Dealer is saying you need to have insurance before you take the car outside his yard. If I go to policy baazar and other portals they are asking for car details.

Please help.

Thanks!!
There is option to buy new car insurance for which you will need car chassis and engine number along with make /model info, ex showroom price etc. You can ask dealer to give you profarma invoice with these details.

If you don't find option online then talk to customer care and ask them for quote. If you have shortlisted insurance company then you can directly talk to their customer care instead of policy bazaar.

Also remember to add bank name and branch to the policy if you car is on loan.

You will need to provide insurance policy (soft copy) to the dealer for him to start RTO paper work.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 30th January 2024 at 06:30.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 10:20   #5606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
There is option to buy new car insurance for which you will need car chassis and engine number along with make /model info, ex showroom price etc. You can ask dealer to give you profarma invoice with these details.
Hi. I have a question on the add-ons section of insurance. There is something called "Engine Protect" in Acko - is it better to opt for it or is it something that would already be covered in extended warranty? (I'm taking Seltos FL with My Convenience Plan).

I want to avoid redundant expenses if it's already covered in the extended warranty.

Thankyou.
Old 1st February 2024, 11:05   #5607
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
Hi. I have a question on the add-ons section of insurance. There is something called "Engine Protect" in Acko - is it better to opt for it or is it something that would already be covered in extended warranty? (I'm taking Seltos FL with My Convenience Plan).
Extended warranty is different than insurance. Extended warranty covers manufacturing defects. Insurance covers accidental engine failures like water ingress, or failure of engine when the car is run after oil leakage due to underbody hit etc. I would suggest you to take "Engine Protect" option in the insurance.
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 01:14   #5608
BHPian

Hi, Suzuki Nexa is offering Digit insurance for the new Fronx Delta+ variant that the person I was assisting is buying. I checked the insurance and figured that it's a 3 year TD + 1 year OD insurance with zero-dep, RTI (return to invoice), engine protection, consumables protection, etc. The price is around 32k.
  1. Is there anything that should be kept in mind?
  2. Is that 3-yr + 1-yr TD+OD usual with Nexa cars? Or they offer more years of insurance to other customers?
  3. The insurance has already been done without even consulting with the customer. Can the company (Digit) be changed? Can Nexa be trusted?
Old 4th February 2024, 11:56   #5609
BHPian

Hi Everyone, I have a question about insurance. I am in middle of a car purchase. As in most of the cases, insurance amount quoted by dealership is on higher side.

Thus I am exploring insurance options from outside. Dealership is ready to match the price / honor my insurance purchase from outside.

Question I have is, while purchasing insurance directly from insurance company for a new car, what is to be considered as car value? Is it only ex showroom price or I need to include Ex showroom, RTO / Registration charges, taxes etc. while getting a quote?

Looking forward to some expert advice here.
Old 4th February 2024, 12:39   #5610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
Hi Everyone, I have a question about insurance. I am in middle of a car purchase. As in most of the cases, insurance amount quoted by dealership is on higher side.

Thus I am exploring insurance options from outside. Dealership is ready to match the price / honor my insurance purchase from outside.

Question I have is, while purchasing insurance directly from insurance company for a new car, what is to be considered as car value? Is it only ex showroom price or I need to include Ex showroom, RTO / Registration charges, taxes etc. while getting a quote?

Looking forward to some expert advice here.
Insurance for new car is only on ex-showroom. In fact it is 95% of ex-showroom. They have standard calculation once you share ex-showroom price. There is separate cover called return to invoice (RTI) which covers on-road price in case of total loss due to accident or theft.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 4th February 2024 at 12:40.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks