Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2023, 13:49   #5431
Team-BHP Support

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

The insurance for my car is up for renewal and I’ve been receiving (unsolicited) quotes from several insurers. Was surprised to see Rat Bite as an add-on in a proposal sent by Future Generali. Seems new as I haven’t seen this in the recent past while taking new / renewing policies.

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-img_5369.jpeg
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 11:58   #5432
BHPian

My Kushaq 1.0 MT is up for Insurance Renewal (only Own Damage part).
I took quotes from different insurers and got a vary different premium quotes. I have asked only for Zero Dep, Bumper to Bumper (without Engine Protection) cover with ~ 13.5L. My previous Insurance was with Reliance Gen Insurance (provided by Dealer when I bought the car last year) and has no claim on that policy.

I got below quotes:

Insurer Premium (IDV)
Bajaj Allianz 45163 (IDV 13.4L)
Royal Sundaram 19150 (IDV 13.8L)
Tata AIG 16738 (IDV 13.6L)

How come Bajaj Alliance is so expensive and how others are able to offer that low premium with (apparently) all three are offering approximately similar IDV, all are Zero Dep covers?

What's the trick here?
Old 5th June 2023, 12:21   #5433
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
My Kushaq 1.0 MT is up for Insurance Renewal (only Own Damage part).
I took quotes from different insurers and got a vary different premium quotes. I have asked only for Zero Dep, Bumper to Bumper (without Engine Protection) cover with ~ 13.5L. My previous Insurance was with Reliance Gen Insurance (provided by Dealer when I bought the car last year) and has no claim on that policy.

I got below quotes:

Insurer Premium (IDV)
Bajaj Allianz 45163 (IDV 13.4L)
Royal Sundaram 19150 (IDV 13.8L)
Tata AIG 16738 (IDV 13.6L)

How come Bajaj Alliance is so expensive and how others are able to offer that low premium with (apparently) all three are offering approximately similar IDV, all are Zero Dep covers?

What's the trick here?
The Zero Depreciation Policy of Bajaj Allianz comes bundled with Zero Depreciation, Engine Protector, Consumables, and 24X7 RSA, so I think that is the reason why the premiums are so high, Whereas in the other companies, you can chose each add-on as per your requirements.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 16:20   #5434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
The Zero Depreciation Policy of Bajaj Allianz comes bundled with Zero Depreciation, Engine Protector, Consumables, and 24X7 RSA, so I think that is the reason why the premiums are so high, Whereas in the other companies, you can chose each add-on as per your requirements.
Thanks. I checked Quote again the fine print and surprisingly Bajaj Allianz only has Zero Dep and 24x7 RSA. The Plan name is Drive Assure Welcome. The Engine Protector isn't included.
Incidentally, Royal Sundaram includes the Engine Protector! I am a bit flummoxed and not sure what's the catch with Tata AIG and RoyalSundaram quotes..
I sighted this to Bajaj and they said , they'll come back to me!
Old 5th June 2023, 16:45   #5435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
I am a bit flummoxed and not sure what's the catch with Tata AIG and RoyalSundaram quotes.
New business is the only thing I can think of. Did you check if Skoda workshop has a cashless service with RS and Tata? If yes, then why worry so much? Go ahead and buy the Insurance which comes at a lower premium.

Before you do buy, pls read the T&Cs of the add on covers the Insurer is offering.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 21:49   #5436
BHPian

Renewal of my Creta SX 1.6VTVT was due for the 5th year and this time I went ahead with the dealer as the quotation was the same as compared to outside.
Hyundai has some tie ups with different companies and apart from the standard no hassle cashless claim all over India it offers something additional (That is what i have been told).
The main reason was hassle free claims across India to be honest.
Initially asked the to for with Iffco-Tokio but there was some issue in renewing my Insurance so asked the to change the provider and moved to Reliance Insurance.
I pray i never have to claim insurance but if it comes to that I want it to be seamless.

Insurance Company->Reliance General Insurance
IDV-803520
Add Ons-ZD, CM, EP, RTI, KP, PB
Premium Paid->32054

I have been told it also includes Tyre damage also although I doubt.

Screenshot attached for the things they are advertising.
Attached Thumbnails
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-advaith.png  

Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 08:03   #5437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Insurance Company->Reliance General Insurance
IDV-803520
Add Ons-ZD, CM, EP, RTI, KP, PB
Premium Paid->32054
Surprised to see RTI cover being offered for a 5 yrs old car and was glad to know that the Insurance cover includes Rodent cover too.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 19:45   #5438
BHPian

Hey folks, I had a minor accident(at 10-15 km/h) recently with a truck. My hood was bent a bit but otherwise everything seemed fine. I was on a trip, was supposed to cover a 1000 km more so I thought I would check the engine bay for damage. But once I opened it, the hood just wouldn’t close. I had to ask a local repair man to hammer the hood to close it. Later on I realised this might cause issues with my insurance claim. What do you guys think, will I face any issues? It’s quite evident that a hammer has been used on side of the hood.

Last edited by darklitex : 17th June 2023 at 19:46.
Old 19th June 2023, 09:50   #5439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklitex View Post
realised this might cause issues with my insurance claim. What do you guys think, will I face any issues?
Why don't you get an estimate to repair the hood from an authorised workshop and then decide if you want to claim insurance at all? If you want to claim insurance and the accident is not more than 4 or 5 days old, you can explain that you got the bonnet hammered in so it wouldn't fly open.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 19th June 2023 at 10:42. Reason: Broken quote tags
Old 19th June 2023, 21:01   #5440
BHPian

The renewal quote for OD premium for my car insurance is almost twice compared to the existing premium, considering the drop in IDV. I am attaching the snapshot of the existing policy and the renewal quote here.

Existing policy
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-screenshot-20230619-203814.png

Renewal quote from Maruti Insurance
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-screenshot-20230619-203733.png

Has anyone got similar rise in premium?
Old 20th June 2023, 16:46   #5441
BHPian

What if Owner driver does not drive?

Hi guys,

I wanted to know for buying car insurance of the car owner ( my father) does not drive then is owner driver insurance cover required?

Also if I (his son) sometimes drive then what cover or add on should I include in it?

We have a paid driver so i know a separate cover is available for it. Please help me with the above to queries.
Old 21st June 2023, 11:55   #5442
BHPian

Re: What if Owner driver does not drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalanrishikesh View Post
Hi guys,

I wanted to know for buying car insurance of the car owner ( my father) does not drive then is owner driver insurance cover required?

Also if I (his son) sometimes drive then what cover or add on should I include in it?

We have a paid driver so i know a separate cover is available for it. Please help me with the above to queries.
Sorry, there was a typo in my earlier post.

I wanted to know for buying car insurance, if the car owner ( my father) does not drive then is owner driver PA insurance cover required?

Old 21st June 2023, 13:03   #5443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalanrishikesh View Post
I wanted to know for buying car insurance, if the car owner ( my father) does not drive then is owner driver PA insurance cover required?

There is no need to take any additional PA cover for owner driver if already existing (through company or direct). If you drive, then taking a PA cover for named passengers or unnamed passengers would be helpful. There is an option these days to have an enhanced PA cover for owner driver, paid driver, named passengers and unnamed passengers.

In addition there is a cover for legal liability cover for paid driver and paid employees.

Hope the car already has a zero dep add on cover already, if not suggest to get one.
Attached Images

Old 22nd June 2023, 09:38   #5444
BHPian

Hi all, if the insurer is asking me to pay for salvage, can I deny it? The insurance PDF that was mailed to me when renewing/buying does not say a single word on salvage.

The difference in what scrap dealer is quoting vs what insurance is calling salvage value has huge difference. Hence wondering if I should fight it.
Old 22nd June 2023, 10:24   #5445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
There is no need to take any additional PA cover for owner driver if already existing (through company or direct). If you drive, then taking a PA cover for named passengers or unnamed passengers would be helpful. There is an option these days to have an enhanced PA cover for owner driver, paid driver, named passengers and unnamed passengers.

In addition there is a cover for legal liability cover for paid driver and paid employees.

Hope the car already has a zero dep add on cover already, if not suggest to get one.
Thanks! Will look into your sugestions. These insurance guys keep bombarding with calls and whatsapp once the insurance date gets close

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks