Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2023, 14:48   #5356
BHPian

Re: Classic Motorcycles in India

Hi guys, not sure whether or not this is the right thread for this question. My Enfield is turning 15 and I am not getting any insurance providers (both online and offline) who are willing to do a comprehensive insurance for this one. I am getting only 3rd party insurance quotes. Wanted to know from the expertise of the people here as to how can I get a comprehensive insurance on my Enfield. Any inputs will be helpful.
Old 30th January 2023, 09:26   #5357
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Can Return to Invoice be added by a second owner as well?

Last edited by revvharder : 30th January 2023 at 09:28.
Old 30th January 2023, 10:28   #5358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Can Return to Invoice be added by a second owner as well?
If I get your query correctly what you are asking is whether RTI add on cover can be purchased by second owner of the car? If yes, then surely the seconfg owner can buy the RTI add on cover if provided by the Insurance co. Generally RTI cover is provided to the first 3 yrs of ownership and Insurance cos deny it post that. Few of them do based on the history of the vehicle, location etc.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 15:43   #5359

I have a third party liability which I got for 3 years when I purchased my new Tiguan in 2021. This expires next year in 2024 and is from Reliance General Insurance.
My own damage insurance needs to be renewed every year, and until now I had it from Reliance too.
Question - Can I take the own damage insurance from another Insurer? If yes, the TP insurance is already covered by Reliance until 2024, so not sure if it can be linked to the OD insurance I take from let's say HDFC Ergo?
Would this cause any issues in future claims etc.?

Thanks.
Old 30th January 2023, 18:42   #5360
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys!

My Two wheeler (TVS Jupiter 125) Insurance expires on 1st February 2023 as per the Insurance policy copy (from SBI General) however Policy certificate in Digilocker shows as Insurance valid until 1st Feb 2027.

When I checked the physical Insurance certificate which shows TPD valid for 5 years and Own damage valid for one year (which expires on 1st Feb 2023).

Accordingly I have checked the SBI General website thinking that I can renew the Own damage policy online but I am not getting a quote from them instead it says ''Dear Customer, renewal quote is not available for your policy as of now, it will be generated 90 days before your policy renewal date, request you to visit again''

For the purpose of MVD checking, I can easily show the Digilocker copy which shows validity till 2027, but I still feel we must have an Own damage insurance also. I don't want to go to the SBI office which always fully crowded and since online quote from SBI is not available, should I check with others like ICICI Lombard for OD policy only??

Your guidance please!
Old 30th January 2023, 18:48   #5361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djaby View Post
I have a third party liability which I got for 3 years when I purchased my new Tiguan in 2021. This expires next year in 2024 and is from Reliance General Insurance.
My own damage insurance needs to be renewed every year, and until now I had it from Reliance too.
Question - Can I take the own damage insurance from another Insurer? If yes, the TP insurance is already covered by Reliance until 2024, so not sure if it can be linked to the OD insurance I take from let's say HDFC Ergo?

Thanks.
You can buy own damage insurance from any other insurance company. Just provide them your current third party insurance details and they will mention that in the new insurance policy they will issue for own damage. You need to carry both TP and Own damage insurance details with you at all times for respective claim purpose.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 30th January 2023 at 19:05.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 20:09   #5362
BHPian

Got call from these numbers today - 2233778888 and 2230746476 - both of which is reported by my Samsung android phone as Suspected spam, so I didn't entertain the call. The caller claimed to be calling from Maruti insurance broking. Are the numbers genuine and wrongly identified as spam (or Maruti broking really spams their customers)?

On related note, I switched out of bajaj insurance for my old car only because of nuisance of spam, like calling and asking when I will renew the premium multiple times starting from one month before the expiry.
bivision is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 12:03   #5363

Hello fellow BHP-ians,

I am buying a new car and I don't want to buy the insurance from the car dealer since they charge extra for the same coverage as compared to outside.

I checked with a few insurance companies (Acko, TATA AIG etc.) and they said they don't provide coverage for BH-series registered vehicles. So I wanted to check if anyone has taken insurance for their 2/4 wheeler with BH-series registration? Which is the insurance provider they have bought the policy from?

Thank you!
Old 1st February 2023, 12:35   #5364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepCarLover View Post
Hello fellow BHP-ians,

I am buying a new car and I don't want to buy the insurance from the car dealer since they charge extra for the same coverage as compared to outside.

I checked with a few insurance companies (Acko, TATA AIG etc.) and they said they don't provide coverage for BH-series registered vehicles. So I wanted to check if anyone has taken insurance for their 2/4 wheeler with BH-series registration? Which is the insurance provider they have bought the policy from?

Thank you!
I had bought the Insurance for a new car last year but I didnt face any issues regarding the registration since it was post the Insurance purchase. It doesn't matter the type of registration since you will be buying Insurance for a new car. You could visit the comparator websites (Policy bazaar, Coverfox, Acko etc) and get the approximate quote. I bought the Insurance from Royal Sundaram ( I did have them as the Insurer for my previous car too, hence it became a bit easier to get a quote). You dont need to specify the BH registrations when buying Insurance for the new car.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 13:11   #5365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Surely you can buy the OD Insurance from another Insurance co other than Reliance. The only care you will need to take is to include the TPL details in the OD Insurance policy (if possible). Or alternatively you can keep the TPL policy print copy along with the OD policy copy together.

Best would be to take the OD policy from Reliance itself unless you are getting a better offer outside.
Old 1st February 2023, 13:26   #5366

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
You dont need to specify the BH registrations when buying Insurance for the new car.
Thanks for your response. But what if after getting the registration, they don't accept the BH series number in the insurance document because they have this registration number format in old format (e.g. MH-XX-XX-XXXX). Is that a possibility?
Old 1st February 2023, 14:13   #5367

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Surely you can buy the OD Insurance from another Insurance co other than Reliance. The only care you will need to take is to include the TPL details in the OD Insurance policy (if possible). Or alternatively you can keep the TPL policy print copy along with the OD policy copy together.

Best would be to take the OD policy from Reliance itself unless you are getting a better offer outside.
Thank you so much. There's a lower quote (HDFC) that I am getting online, a couple of thousand difference. My first instinct was to continue with Reliance and I tried to renew it online. But looks like Reliance lost a customer as their online website and the renewal process is pathetic. It does not let me renew online and asks me to connect to an agent.
That's a reason that I'm looking at options apart from the savings too.
Old 1st February 2023, 14:20   #5368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Hi guys!

My Two wheeler (TVS Jupiter 125) Insurance expires on 1st February 2023 as per the Insurance policy copy (from SBI General) however Policy certificate in Digilocker shows as Insurance valid until 1st Feb 2027.

When I checked the physical Insurance certificate which shows TPD valid for 5 years and Own damage valid for one year (which expires on 1st Feb 2023).

Accordingly I have checked the SBI General website thinking that I can renew the Own damage policy online but I am not getting a quote from them instead it says ''Dear Customer, renewal quote is not available for your policy as of now, it will be generated 90 days before your policy renewal date, request you to visit again''

For the purpose of MVD checking, I can easily show the Digilocker copy which shows validity till 2027, but I still feel we must have an Own damage insurance also. I don't want to go to the SBI office which always fully crowded and since online quote from SBI is not available, should I check with others like ICICI Lombard for OD policy only??

Your guidance please!
Didn't receive any response from members. In the meantime, I have received a reminder from Aditya Birla Insurance Brokers with a link to renew the insurance online, but it didn't work.
Tried to get a quote from ICICI Lombard, but they gave me a quote for OD along with 5 years TPD.

Finally spoke to the TVS dealer and then visited their showroom personally. They arranged the Insurance from National Insurance company. The total premium for one year OD worked out to Rs.1177/- for an IDV Rs.80, 087.
Old 1st February 2023, 15:38   #5369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepCarLover View Post
Thanks for your response. But what if after getting the registration, they don't accept the BH series number in the insurance document because they have this registration number format in old format (e.g. MH-XX-XX-XXXX). Is that a possibility?
That will not be possible once the policy is issued. Once you get the RC with BH registration no share it with the Insurance co. Either they will update the reg no in the policy and issue an updated one OR they will issue an Addendum which will mention the reg no and you can keep a copy of that along with the policy.

Pls ensure that the BH registration no is correctly updated in the policy or in addendum. In my case they mentioned the reg no correctly but added spaces in between the alphabets and numericals which later I had to get corrected again.

Quote:
Thank you so much. There's a lower quote (HDFC) that I am getting online, a couple of thousand difference. My first instinct was to continue with Reliance and I tried to renew it online. But looks like Reliance lost a customer as their online website and the renewal process is pathetic. It does not let me renew online and asks me to connect to an agent.
That's a reason that I'm looking at options apart from the savings too.
Happens with most of the Insurance cos. The higher premium for 3 yr TPL + Od was profitable for the Insurance co as compared to the lower premium earned through OD premium only. Hence most Insurance cos don't bother to provide competitive quotes for OD premium only.

HDFC will ask for previous policy as reference and if you confirm they will issue a OD premium only policy. Just ensure that the TPL details are captured somewhere in the OD premium policy, HDFC wont do that easily but you can put your foot down and demand it.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 17:51   #5370
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I have a query regarding a partner/spouse driving a car registered in a company name.

The scenario is, I have a car registered in the name of the LLP in which I am a partner. I am the primary driver but my wife also sometimes drives the car.

My question is whether there will be any issues with insurance claims if an accident happens when she is driving? Should I take any steps like adding her as a named driver in the policy?

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks