Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which company among these?
The New India Assurance 19 13.01%
United India 5 3.42%
Oriental Insurance 5 3.42%
National Insurance 13 8.90%
HDFC Chubb 4 2.74%
ICICI Lombard 12 8.22%
Tata AIG 32 21.92%
Bajaj ALLIANZ 38 26.03%
Iffco Tokio 5 3.42%
Royal Sundaram 7 4.79%
Reliance 6 4.11%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2005, 13:19   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

I think we have New India Insurance.
We have Comprehensive insurance on all our cars.
Old 7th June 2005, 14:36   #17
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Another trick that New India follows is to under-insure the car to lower the premium. I found it first hand last year when I switched over to Tata-AIG. They had sent me a quotation for renewal & I saw that the car was under valued for around Rs 60,000 than the actual value! Crooks if you ask me...

Last edited by RJK : 7th June 2005 at 14:44.
Old 7th June 2005, 22:10   #18
BHPian

i have a new india insurance for the 800 and a lombard for the zen was told to take sundaram but was not sure it was a good company!
Old 7th June 2005, 22:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

If its a maruti ,then i think the maruti insurance is the best.as in case of any claims ,u need not do any payment at all.
the insurance company settles all the payments to be made ,directly with the workshop.u just have to pay the excess amount.unlike other insurance companies wher eyou have to make the payment and then wait for the claim.
Old 7th June 2005, 23:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
If its a maruti ,then i think the maruti insurance is the best.as in case of any claims ,u need not do any payment at all.
the insurance company settles all the payments to be made ,directly with the workshop.u just have to pay the excess amount.unlike other insurance companies wher eyou have to make the payment and then wait for the claim.
satya, now with the cashless facility you dont have to pay any money to the workshop owner and the insurance company settles the claim directly with the workshop. most of the companies are going for the cashless facility with the dealer workshops and known local workshops.

btw does any body claim the no claim bonus at the end of the year or does it go un noticed.

shubbhi
Old 8th June 2005, 00:18   #21
BHPian

TATA AIG is the best.
Suraj
Old 8th June 2005, 00:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45

btw does any body claim the no claim bonus at the end of the year or does it go un noticed.

shubbhi

what do u need to do for that?????
all i know about a no-claim bonus is that you can get it transferred to any other vehicle that you buy after u have sold the previous vehicle.so this helps in reducing the premium.
Old 8th June 2005, 01:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45
satya, now with the cashless facility you dont have to pay any money to the workshop owner and the insurance company settles the claim directly with the workshop. most of the companies are going for the cashless facility with the dealer workshops and known local workshops.

shubbhi
Yes Shubbhi,
I claim the no claim bonus at the end of the year... Basically the insurance amount gets reduced by 20% for the next year..
For example of you paid 10000 as insurance for first year and made no claims ..
The insurance amount for year 2 is 9500 (Depreciated) then the actual value u pay is 9500-20%= 7600

I choose New India Assurance as all my assets and companies are insured with them and they give us at site service or home service .. And all claims are settled immd.

Last edited by EVO6 : 8th June 2005 at 01:44.
Old 8th June 2005, 07:25   #24
BHPian

My be off topic but a useful piece of information: Saves a buck or more...

Suppose you are paid 10K insurance this year for a car X, you would be entitled for a No claim bonus of 10-50% next year.
In case you buy a new car this year, You can stick with the same insurance agent and get that NO CLAIM BONUS for the new one too...

There is such a provision and my relative was waived off almost 10K for his NHC. He is paying 14K for the 7L premium in the first year. I had paid 24K. He had a 6year old Esteem which he sold off before buying the NHC. This was Oriental in Bangalore.

Please be sure to check your options and move over to your existing Insurance agent when you buy a new car.....you definitely have the benefit.....

Mods: you could move this to a new thread incase if you find it useful!!
Old 8th June 2005, 23:03   #25
Team-BHP Support

All my cars have always been insured comprehensively by The New India Assurance Company. Friendly people to deal with - no problems so far.
Old 8th June 2005, 23:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

The accent is insured by iffco tokio.
The indica was by bajaj allianz.

Both are comprehensive. Have not made any claims on the accent.
But did make a claim on the indica after a crash...but it was too much of a hassle to deal with the company so decided to pay up ourselves.

Drifter
Old 15th May 2007, 12:44   #27
BHPian

Just bumping up this old thread.

I need to renew my insurance soon - have taken ICICI Lombard earlier, and havent faced any issues during claim.
However, quite a few of my colleagues have gone in for Iffco-Tokio, and are quite satisified with its service, many of them existing ICICI Lombard customers.

Does anyone have prior experience with any of these companies?
Old 25th July 2007, 10:18   #28
vinfriend

Hi guys! could you explain about 3rd party and comprehensive insurance policies for motor vehicles? Is it true that 3rd party insurance covers only upto Rs 6000/- compensation for property damage and unlimited for injuries to opposite party? If yes, Should we pay the amount exceeding Rs 6000/- from our pocket? Any difference in case of comprehensive insurance for damages to opposite party? Is it must to file a FIR to get compensation in case of Comprehensive policy? please help.

Old 23rd June 2008, 22:25   #29
BANNED

I was approached by somebody claiming to be from Cholamandalam insurance when my vehicle's insurance has become due for renewal. WHile we decided to stick to current insurer, why is cholamandalam not in the list above?
Old 23rd June 2008, 22:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Can we have a open poll ? ,like i can come back and change the option . so this way it will be up to date .

This thread was started in 2005 and since then many things have changed .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks