Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2009, 18:19   #16
BHPian

Team BHP helped me a lot in understanding on process to buy new car. I never knew i can shop around for insurance when buying a new car. But afther reading the posts here "on Buying car" and all i realised we can better deals if we shop around.

I booked a punto and the insurance from dealer was 18k or something then i negotiated with bajaj allianz and finally they quoted me 13807/-

Grande punto Diesel Emotion pack
- 100% vehicle value covered i.e., 614331/-
- Insurance quote 13807/-

Coverages:
1) Owner driver - 2 lacks
2) each occupant - 2 lacks
3) paid driver - 50000/-
4) 3rd party property damage - 7.5 lacks
5) 3rd person death/disability - unlimited
6) PA unnamed coverages for 2 lacks

Which i felt is pretty good (saved some thousands)

NOTE:
Please contact Mr Santhosh from Bajaj Alliaz at 0422 2646628 to get the same insurance quote that i got. (Tell him you are vinod's friend from team-bhp)
Old 1st August 2009, 15:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

When I got my Bolero, the Insurance quoted by Dealer was 29 k with 5 k discount on the premium. Negotiated them down to 18K on 7L ex-showroom. And this was from National Insurance. It definitely pays to negotiate with multiple insurance agents before buying. Also check out policybazaar.com
Old 1st August 2009, 16:09   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
How to go about doing that in Mumbai?
Heard that usually its not possible to drive car on temp registration here. And does this cost of 1.5 - 2k include usual charges for RTO agent?
When you buy the car, just ask the dealer for all the RTO forms. Take these forms and go to the insurance office and get the insurance done. Then go to RTO and submit the whole set. Pay the road tax and registration. They will give you the registration number. Take the receipt and show the dealer. Tell him to put the number plate (free) and drive the car out. No need of Temp registration when you can do permanent directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash View Post
For RTO, I think it is ok to give 1-2 K and avoid delivery delay hassles Just my thought.
Why waste 1-2K? Read the above tip. Then treat me to a nice lunch with the money saved.
Old 1st August 2009, 18:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
When you buy the car, just ask the dealer for all the RTO forms. Take these forms and go to the insurance office and get the insurance done. Then go to RTO and submit the whole set. Pay the road tax and registration. They will give you the registration number. Take the receipt and show the dealer. Tell him to put the number plate (free) and drive the car out. No need of Temp registration when you can do permanent directly.
Dosen;t car needs to be taken to RTO office for manual verification? How would you take it to RTO office without Temp registration?
Old 1st August 2009, 20:57   #20
BANNED

I wanted to take the insurance directly from the Company. Right now i short listed IFFCO-TOKIO and Bajaj Allianz.

I have booked i20 Asta 1.2. Can you tell me what amount to put on Value of Electrical Accessory and Value of Non Electrical Accessories. At present i m not installing any additional accessories.

What are those things comes under Non Electrical Accessories?

Also i20 comes with an inbuilt security system, which i hope is ARAI approved. so can i ask discount for this?

Last edited by wildon : 1st August 2009 at 21:01.
Old 1st August 2009, 21:38   #21

I am planning to buy Indica Vista Aura Quadrajet from Concorde Chennai, can any please direct me on how to get the insurance and registration done on my own?

Concorde is quoting Rs. 14,518 for insurance and Rs. 40, 555 for RTO. I am taking SBI loan and have arranged for this on my own. Is there any one who has got a better insurance quote for Aura Quadrajet?
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:10   #22
BHPian

I don't mean to start a debate here - but I have taken maruti insurance - since my car is a Swift, and Maruti insurance is the best of the lot if you have a MUL vehicle, no matter to how many people you go to you'd get the same quote from all and there will be no discount... so makes sense to go for these freebies for which I'd have otherwise paid.Ex - Paid service coupons/free balancing/alignment coupons....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
If you are smart and informed enough - you wouldn't fall prey to such freebies coupons which costs the dealer a fraction.
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:12   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
Team BHP helped me a lot in understanding on process to buy new car. I never knew i can shop around for insurance when buying a new car. But afther reading the posts here "on Buying car" and all i realised we can better deals if we shop around.

I booked a punto and the insurance from dealer was 18k or something then i negotiated with bajaj allianz and finally they quoted me 13807/-

Grande punto Diesel Emotion pack
- 100% vehicle value covered i.e., 614331/-
- Insurance quote 13807/-

Coverages:
1) Owner driver - 2 lacks
2) each occupant - 2 lacks
3) paid driver - 50000/-
4) 3rd party property damage - 7.5 lacks
5) 3rd person death/disability - unlimited
6) PA unnamed coverages for 2 lacks

Which i felt is pretty good (saved some thousands)

NOTE:
Please contact Mr Santhosh from Bajaj Alliaz at 0422 2646628 to get the same insurance quote that i got. (Tell him you are vinod's friend from team-bhp)
What is the deductible ??? - anything more than 500 Rs and you have been ripped!!!
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:05   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
What is the deductible ??? - anything more than 500 Rs and you have been ripped!!!
Could you please elaborate? What does "deductible" mean? I got the same quote for the Punto and am about to go ahead. Dealer is quoting around 18k.
Old 3rd August 2009, 13:31   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
I guess engine no. and chassis no. are required for all this thing. So, what to do in case, if the car is not in stock and coming straight from factory. As this was the case with me, when I recently bought my i10 Sportz. The registration was done from the dealer itself but I transfered my Alto's insurance, and the surveyor came to do the paperwork at the dealer right before we were about to take the delivery. So, what to do about registrations in these situations ?
And how much time does it takes to do all the registration formalities at RTO office ?
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:03   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
Could you please elaborate? What does "deductible" mean? I got the same quote for the Punto and am about to go ahead. Dealer is quoting around 18k.
when you claim from insurance - you'd need to pay some money by you min Rs 500. This is called deductible, a higher deductible will mean that the premium is lowered.
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:13   #27
BANNED

I got a quote from IFFCO-TOKIO for my i20 is it good. Its for a fresh vehicle
The dealer was quoting Rs.19328/-
Attached Thumbnails
New car insurance? Take dealer quotes with a bag of salt!-i20.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2009, 16:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

I feel you can get this reduced a bit further.
Old 3rd August 2009, 16:28   #29
BHPian

Ideally you should get a discount of 40+%.
Old 3rd August 2009, 17:24   #30
BANNED

Also i got a quote from Bajaj- Allianz .
The IFFCO-TOKIO saying max discount they can offer is 35% only.

Also i would like to know is there any bank provides "Auto/Car loan protection insurance"? (in case of loss of job/disability etc happens ) please comment.
What is the advantage and disadvantage of car insurance paid by the Bank (where i took my car loan) and me?
Name:  bajaj.JPG
Views: 11616
Size:  77.5 KB

What our Private Car Insurance Cover..

Insured Vehicle --- IDV(Sum Insured)

Third Party Property -- Rs 7,50,000/-

Owner cum driver -- PA cover of 2lacs

Hired Driver --- As per Works men Compensation act..

Other Covers.. additional

PA for Passengers @ Rs 100 per person for 2 lacks

Electronic Accessories @4%

CNG/LPG Kit @4% plus Rs 60 (Compulsory if vehicle is fitted with)

No Claim Bonus

1 claim free year 20%

2 claim free years 25%

3 claim free years 35%

4 claim free years 45%

5 and more claim free Years 50%

Compulsory Excess <1500 CC Rs 500/-

>1500 CC Rs 1000/-

Scope Of Insurance –Own Damage

· Accidental External means

· Fire explosion, self ignition, or lightning.

· Burglary, housebreaking & theft.

· Riots & Strike

· Earthquake (Fire & Shock)

· Act of God perils.

· Malicious act

· Terrorist activity

· In transit

· Land slide / Rock slide

Why Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co Ltd.?

· Widest network of cashless centers..

· No Police Complaint/FIR required if Third Party damages are not involved..

· 24*7 toll free Helpline

· Can intimate a claim just by an SMS.

· Customer need not follow up with us for claim updates - 7 SMS s are sent from the time of Claim registration to Cheque delivery appraising customer of every development...

· Bajaj Allianz Drive in Center for minor claims less than Rs 25000 and No under Chassis damages -- drive the vehicle to our office, cheque will be sent to you next day.

Few added advantages of Bajaj Allianz Preferred Workshop..

· 6 months warranty on repair

· Fast survey, no follow up needed

· Free of Pick up and Drop within Bangalore

· Complimentary washing, cleaning and polishing..

· Little difference between billed amount & claim amount due to higher labor content than parts

· Free of Cost Fuel additives

Depreciation in the event of claim.

· All parts made of glass Nil (100% covered)

· All rubber nylon/ plastic parts, tyres and tubes, batteries and air bags 50%

· All fiber glass components 30%

· All other parts including wooden parts is to be as per the following schedule

· Not exceeding 6 months Nil

· 6 months to 1 year 5%

· 1 to 2 years…………………. 10%

· 2 to 3 years………………… 15%

· 3 to 4 years 25%

· 4 to 5 years 35%

· 5 to 10 years 40%

· 10 years and above 50%

NCB Transfer

· NCB can be transferred from one car to another car provided Insured remains same.

· NCB can be transferred from Company to an Individual if Insured is an employee of the company and Insured Vehicle was solely used by the said individual(Letter from company confirming both is a must)

· NCB can not be transferred in case of transfer of ownership of vehicle..

· To get NCB he should be the owner of the vehicle (as per RC) and also Insurance should be in his name for one full year

Claim Process

Step 1 Register Claim – Call up Call Center

Step 2….Survey done

Step 3….Submit all required documents

Step 4…..Details of claim amount approved and deductibles will be given to customer

Step 5…..If it’s a Cash less garage pay the difference amount otherwise pay the full amount, claim Cheque will be sent to you seven days..

Last edited by wildon : 3rd August 2009 at 17:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks