Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2014, 17:00   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Insurance lapsed 5 months ago!!! Now what to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
If not what is the best option in the Marathahalli/Indiranagar/Bellandur areas of Bangalore?
May be you already got it done. Anyways, reliance fresh opposite to Innovative multiplex near Marathahalli gets insurance renewal done.
Old 7th May 2014, 18:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
May be you already got it done. Anyways, reliance fresh opposite to Innovative multiplex near Marathahalli gets insurance renewal done.
Thanks. I did it at the Reliance Fresh that I mentioned (between Marathahalli and Mahadevpura). Took about 20 minutes, two quotes - one each from HDFC Ergo and ICICI Lombard (I don't do business with ICICI, so HDFC it was), one pencil print, one credit card swipe - and all done.
Old 14th August 2014, 13:40   #18
BHPian

While insuring my car, noticed that my two wheeler insurance expired more than a year ago .

Research says, will be loosing out the NCB benefit (45% until the last insurance) as the NCB is valid only for a period of 90 days after expiry of the policy it seems. Not that it would have saved me a huge sum or so, but at least it was hassle free getting it insured online.

This time will have to ask someone to probably get it done offline through an agent or something.
Old 14th August 2014, 13:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srs_shetty87 View Post
While insuring my car, noticed that my two wheeler insurance expired more than a year ago .

Research says, will be loosing out the NCB benefit (45% until the last insurance) as the NCB is valid only for a period of 90 days after expiry of the policy it seems. Not that it would have saved me a huge sum or so, but at least it was hassle free getting it insured online.

This time will have to ask someone to probably get it done offline through an agent or something.
Visit any of the petrol bunks which also do insurance and get it done on the spot. At least here in Bangalore, lot of fuel stations have these options of getting the insurance done at the spot. The sooner you get it done the better, the fine for lapsed/no insurance is heavy.
Old 15th September 2014, 11:37   #20
BHPian

Car Insurance Expired 2 Years back what to do

Hi Friends,

I have a Linea diesel MJD 2009 model, and the insurance expired 2 years back.... Please suggest which insurance would be better to go with for FIAT cars. I was offered below for package insurance:

HDFC ERGO IDV 2.9 lacs and premium around 10250.
L & T IDV 3.7 lacs and premium around 12250.

Please advice for taking the better insurance.

Thanks in Advance
Old 15th September 2014, 11:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Insurance Expired 2 Years back what to do

Go for the L&T one, this offers a better IDV for 2K more.
Since the insurance is expired, the insurer will send an executive to take photos to ensure the car is not damaged. You will get the policy within a day after verification.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 11:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbiS View Post
Hi Friends,

Please advice for taking the better insurance.
Go to policybazar.com or individual company websites and take quotes from multiple insurance companies for the same coverage and same IDV. That will help you make a apple to apple comparison.
Old 15th September 2014, 12:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

Were you driving around with an expired insurance for over 2 years? I sincerely hope not.

You should visit policybazaar, check out the quotes from various providers and then go to their individual sites and get a quote. This would give you a much wider option and the one which is much economical.
Old 15th September 2014, 12:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbiS View Post
I have a Linea diesel MJD 2009 model, and the insurance expired 2 years back.... Please suggest which insurance would be better to go with for FIAT cars.
Try contacting the Insurance co from whom the Insurance was last purchased for a quote, at least they will have the car details ready with them. Get a quote online from Insurers with whom the nearest Fiat workshop has a cashless tie up. Do a comparo and go for the informed decision. In any case your car will be inspected before the policy is issued.

Kindly mark the Insurance dates in your preferred calendar so that you dont miss the renewal dates in the future.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 12:37   #25
Team-BHP Support

I am assuming that you were out of country for 2 years... else its beyond me how you could have forgotten to renew your car insurance for 2 years!

By the way, the best way to do this is to find out which insurance companies provide cashless facilities in the garage of your choice. Then do a reverse hunt to get the most cost-effective quote from one of those companies.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 15:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

Just one suggestion - use a fake/throwaway email ID for signing up on policybazaar. their quotes are useful but they/ sister concerns are terrible spammers!

Otherwise I'd say L&T - go for the one who gives you best IDV, period.
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 15:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

Use 10minutemail.com for having a fake email id for 10 minutes. Very useful for such spamming websites.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 15:42   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Just one suggestion - use a fake/throwaway email ID for signing up on policybazaar. their quotes are useful but they/ sister concerns are terrible spammers!
Good tip. I use Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail.com), which allows you to create aliases that can be deleted without affecting the underlying account itself. I'm sure Gmail will offer something similar.
Old 18th December 2014, 17:26   #29
BHPian

For all those under Cyberabad limits, this comes as a shocker.

Source link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/45554962.cms

Quote:
HYDERABAD: Cyberabad police have devised an ingenious way to fill their coffers by extracting fines from citizens for not renewing their vehicle insurance. Henceforth, vehicle owners should not be surprised if an e-challan lands at your doorstep asking you to pay Rs 1,000, citing non-renewal of vehicle insurance policy.

The new system has come into force in the Cyberabad limits and motorists, who have not renewed their vehicle insurance policy by the due date, are being issued e-challans. Till now, evaders were nabbed randomly during road-side checks by police and were issued hand-written challans.

With the e-challan system, Cyberabad police have started to enforce insurance coverage and also earn through them. As of now, at least two lakh motorists are plying without vehicle insurance. Some vehicle owners have not bothered to pay insurance for their vehicles for the past several years. Now, all these vehicle owners would have to pay a penalty of Rs 1,000.

The initiative was taken only after police could integrate the crucial Insurance Regulatory Development Authority (IRDA) data with Cyberabad traffic police database, enabling the latter to possess data about motorists who are avoiding renewal of their insurance.

"The e-challans are being sent only to those motorists whose vehicles are registered in RTA offices under Cyberabad police limits. However, for motorists registered in other areas and plying in Cyberabad, they will obviously ave to pay up if caught by police for not having insurance," Cyberabad DCP (traffic) Avinash Mohanty told TOI.

Police said non-compliance of insurance renewal would cost Rs 1,000 either for four-wheeler or two-wheeler as per Motor Vehicle Rules. However, Hyderabad police are yet to take a decision on implementing the move in their limits. Police said the decision to enforce compliance of insurance renewal was taken as they found that in many accident cases, the erring vehicles did not even have third-party insurance, which could have come handy for the victims.
Old 28th December 2014, 20:43   #30
BHPian

first party insuarance expired

Hi Guys,

The first party insurance expired last month. I was not aware of the same until today. Now I need to renew it but the dealer told me that the insurance guys would take photographs of the vehicle in its present condition. Currently the front bumper is damaged and couple of doors have scratches. I don't want to repair now. The services guys insisted that I get it repaired before renewing else the parts that are damaged now wont be covered if there is a accident.

Is there a way I can renew the insurance now and then repair the car without insurance coverage and then update the photo of the car at that time?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks