Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2006, 22:33   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
will you ever be able to select a car?
Thats what I was thinking too. Boom you have to make up your mind at something. I don't think in this price range, the indian market has any car where there are no compromises. Its just that you have to choose the area you are willing to compromize on.
Old 27th January 2006, 22:50   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit
Thats what I was thinking too. Boom you have to make up your mind at something. I don't think in this price range, the indian market has any car where there are no compromises. Its just that you have to choose the area you are willing to compromize on.
Exactly! So... I am trying to find out where I will have to compromise the least/ win the most and in the process we are all learning about the 17/18-25lakh range cars available in India (and if you note, I mostly compare them with basic features available on cars priced at least 4-5 lakhs cheaper) I'm sure many guests who visit our forum are benefitting out of this too hehe!

Last edited by MrBoombastic : 27th January 2006 at 22:53.
Old 28th January 2006, 00:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoombastic
I really don't understand why Honda doesnt offer the CR-V here with their 2.2i CDTI diesel engine when the whole world knows India is diesel country.
Haha ,had that been the case ,i would 've bought the CR-V MT an year ago ..IMHO,thats the only car in the (current) Honda Stable which i feel is worth going for and does all the things exceptionally well (ofcourse theres accord too but there are some issues with it ,like poor high speed stability ,harsh ride to name a few) .It is the best Honda to v hit the indian showrooms ever but the only downside in this car/SUV is the poor fuel efficiency and those Womenish exterior looks ..
If you can live up with these two flaws than this is the best of the lot .

Boom- buddy, i can understand the kind of exercise you are doing to find the best car for yourself but let me tell u, i 've been there done that but take my word its nearly impossible to find the near perfect car ,espically for guys like us(who never compromise no matter what) ..
In the last one year ,i went and test drove atleast 8-10 cars(from emberas to accords to lauras to tucsons ,camrys and what not) but let me tell you i coudnt find a single car which could fit the bill perfectly .
Hence, here i am,still looking to buy a good car and finally decided to go for the same octavia ..
Old 28th January 2006, 00:46   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

the honda crv is quite a heavy vehicle and has a petrol engine mated to a automatic box,considering all these things how can you expect better mileage evenif it is a honda.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks