Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2008, 11:36   #31
BHPian

Friends,

I got a mail from Mr Banwari, Associate Director, CarWale.com.

He wanted to understand the issue, so I sent him the email having all the details of the incident with a one screenshot of the Fake Id AD.
I hope that he will do the needful and refund my money back and probably this type of incidents will not occur again.

I will update you all when I get some solution.
Old 16th October 2008, 12:07   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That is ridiculous!! You paid 500 bucks to procure contact details.
GTO, there seems to be something wrong in this. I was looking for a Alto for an uncle of mine (see my want ad on TBHP). I used Carwale.com and found 5 cars that fit my requirements. I contacted all 5 owners (for free). 1 had sold his car, I met a second today and saw his car, and will hopefully see a third car tomorrow (Friday) the other 2 told me they'll get back to me.

So far Carwale has not demanded a single penny from me and all 5 vendors that I found checked out to be genuine. The rest I assume is left to sorted out between me and the seller I choose - I cannot expect Carwale (or any website for that matter) to evaluate the cars for me can I?
Old 16th October 2008, 12:19   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
So far Carwale has not demanded a single penny from me and all 5 vendors that I found checked out to be genuine. The rest I assume is left to sorted out between me and the seller I choose - I cannot expect Carwale (or any website for that matter) to evaluate the cars for me can I?

Well I guess that would depend on whether the seller has paid carwale.com.

I registered my car but my contact details don't appear for all to readily see unless I pay the Rs. 750/- charge. The carwale executive contacted me on my cellphone and spoke with me too.

After seeing fiat_fan's post, I lost my faith in them and decided against going ahead with the 750/- bucks charge.
Old 16th October 2008, 14:46   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
So far Carwale has not demanded a single penny from me and all 5 vendors that I found checked out to be genuine.
=

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Well I guess that would depend on whether the seller has paid carwale.com.
Not for all ads, Navin. It is obvious that they have started charging potential buyers. This is similar to selling leads to dealerships. However, I find it absolutely ridiculous that a potential customer would have to pay to see the sellers contact details. Seems to be a first (and horribly wrong) for online classifieds business models. Has absolutely no sustainability.

@ Fiat Fan : I hope that Banwari is able to sort your issue out.
Old 17th October 2008, 23:33   #35
BHPian

Issue Solved and 500Rs returned back to me.

Mr Banwari and Gaurav have sorted out the issue and expressed their apologies.
Indeed it was the fake id but it got its place on carwale.com because of some employee who did not performed his duty/job properly.

My 500Rs are now returned back to me.

Moreover Gaurav and Mr Banwari told me that if anybody else have faced any other issue with Carwale then please bring it to their notice. They are ready to act on it if found genuine. I have their Email IDs with me so guys do let me know if you need it.

Navin: You are able to see Sellers details because seller had already bought a package from Carwale.com

If seller simply post his ad then nobody can see his details -- as a buyer then we have to pay to carwale.com to see seller's details.

In the end my example shows the power of Team-BHP forum. If used correctly it can help the needy.

Proud to be a member of Team-BHP
Old 18th October 2008, 08:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Another +1 for Carwale. Just bought my OHC through them, totally hassle-free, but I guess that's because the sellers already paid for the ads.
Old 18th October 2008, 12:27   #37
BHPian

I think they can improve the accessories section too. This is is improving. Even we can have a Accessories Section in T-BHP.
Old 18th October 2008, 13:27   #38
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_fan View Post
Mr Banwari and Gaurav have sorted out the issue and expressed their apologies. My 500Rs are now returned back to me.
Awesome! Shows that Banwari is a reasonable man. I am happy that things have worked out for you.

Quote:
If seller simply post his ad then nobody can see his details -- as a buyer then we have to pay to carwale.com to see seller's details.
I still insist that this is the stupidest policy I have come across in the online shopping domain. Can understand their financial interests, but charging a prospective customer is ridiculous! It's like a clothes shop charging a customer for entry.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2008, 17:42   #39
BHPian

@Fiat fan

Sorry to know that you had a bad experience while searching for a car @ carwale.com

After reading the thread & your comments, I visited the site for searching used cars. I saw the fine print in the disclaimer which says "Information shown on this page is entered/provided by seller. CarWale.com isn't responsible for authenticity of the contents of this page."

You can always contact them and say that since the information was fake, they should consider it as an exception.
Old 18th October 2008, 19:56   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Members have access to free classifieds on team-bhp and access to a huge base of car enthusiasts. I would suggest people to list here before forking out 500 rupees to carwale.
Old 18th October 2008, 20:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

their business model would seem strange. I think a logical alternative for them would be to offer them free to sellers by default, and make them pay to access the contact details of potential buyers.

Last edited by greenhorn : 18th October 2008 at 20:26.
Old 12th November 2008, 12:38   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

How reliable is Carwale?

I registered my OHC to be sold this morning on carwale.com.
Within minutes of pressing the submit button, i get a call from them asking to pay Rs.750 as premium user charges. Money is apparently refundable after 90 days if the car is not sold.

So my question is:
- how reliable is carwale? can people put in their experiences in dealing with them?
- their credit card payment page didn't look upto the mark. has anyone made card payments to them safely?
- do they give refunds back easily and if what form?

Its not about the 750 bucks. I just wanna be sure of my card details not going out. It says verisecured, but i still want to be sure.

EDIT: Mods please merge with similar thread. Could not find this, thus a new one.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 12th November 2008 at 12:40.
Old 12th November 2008, 13:13   #43
oss
BHPian

A friend of mine sold his Getz through CarWale. His experience was good and could sell his car real quick without any issues. Think he paid Rs.500, for the listing IIRC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks