Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2011, 17:14   #856
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

My dealer called me and told me the price OTR Delhi:

Vdi - Rs.6,12,664/-
Zdi - Rs.7,14,200/-

New Maruti Swift commercial

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 17th August 2011 at 17:15.
Old 17th August 2011, 17:15   #857
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
They are planning to load the V Variants with goodies this time around. I dont think this is an error. They also get electric mirrors, integrated ORVM indicators etc
In fact if you look at the low bandwidth website for the ANSS, it clearly says that ABS/airbags are only for the Z variant.
Old 17th August 2011, 17:16   #858
BHPian

What is electro magnetic door opener ? Its listed as one of the features in the new swift. how does it work?
Old 17th August 2011, 17:16   #859
Distinguished - BHPian

All the features of the new Swift, in order to avoid the confusion -

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-u4ixx.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-4asgx.jpg

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-km0pm.jpg
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-vins9.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 17th August 2011 at 17:19.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 17:17   #860
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
In fact if you look at the low bandwidth website for the ANSS, it clearly says that ABS/airbags are only for the Z variant.
Guess, this might come as optional. But they had mentioned of bringing some goodies this time around as the previous gen lacked goodies. Anyways, let's hope that would happen.
Old 17th August 2011, 17:28   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
My dealer called me and told me the price OTR Delhi:

Vdi - Rs.6,12,664/-
Zdi - Rs.7,14,200/-
A 1L rupee difference?? Is there a mistake? The difference in the ex-showroom prices is around 77K. If OTR Delhi is 7.14, then OTR Mumbai would easily be 7.4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorting bull View Post
What is electro magnetic door opener ? Its listed as one of the features in the new swift. how does it work?
This feature was there in the old ZXi too. It does not have a boot release lever under the driver's seat. The boot can be opened (without key) by pressing a small switch that is provided near the boot opening. There is no key hole provided for the boot. Once you unlock the car, the boot is also unlocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Guess, this might come as optional. But they had mentioned of bringing some goodies this time around as the previous gen lacked goodies. Anyways, let's hope that would happen.
As of now, there is no such option. It might come at a later stage depending on market feedback. Omission of rear defogger and ABS option on the V variants is truly shocking.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 17th August 2011 at 17:30.
Old 17th August 2011, 17:30   #862
BANNED

The LDi doesnt even come with rear head restraints. What about Whiplash injuries? Shame!
Maruti is also advertising the DDiS as engine of the year in Europe in 2006 even though it isnt Suzuki that got the award, its Fiat.

Last edited by akhilesh : 17th August 2011 at 17:35.
akhilesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 18:03   #863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
A 1L rupee difference?? Is there a mistake? The difference in the ex-showroom prices is around 77K. If OTR Delhi is 7.14, then OTR Mumbai would easily be 7.4.
Might be Delhi has different percentage of road tax for less than 6L and 6L+ Diesel car.

Will ask for break-up and confirm.
Old 17th August 2011, 18:20   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Cars costing between 6 and 10 lacs invite 7% tax as compared to 4% till 6 lacs in Delhi
Old 17th August 2011, 18:34   #865
Senior - BHPian

Can someone explain what is this new generation ABS with motor speed regulation system? Can I assume this is going to help acheive engine breaking controlled by ECU, without having to manually shift down during an emergency breaking maneuver?

The pricing seems to be on the expected lines, may be the ZDI is overpriced by 10-15k but overall I think it will do just fine.The other reason why the ZDI feels priced a little higher is since this variant was not there earlier and there is no baseline available, whereas we are able to draw a comparison between the L/V variants of the outgoing one and justify the increment in terms of feature additions.It undercuts the similar specced i20 comfortably and If any, I expect more i20 customers to shift to swift now rather than the other way round.

Last edited by bala80 : 17th August 2011 at 18:40.
Old 17th August 2011, 18:34   #866
Senior - BHPian

The pricing seems to be quite steep , Zdi will easily exceed 7.5 lacs OTR here in Bangalore, I still feel that Figo 1.4 Titanium is still the value pick, plus you get a best in class boot space.
Surprisingly Maruti has not provided a rear split seat, to compensate for the small boot quite a letdown.
Old 17th August 2011, 18:44   #867
BHPian

Hi
However it seems swift has newer chunky looks with some resemblence to linear symmetry and the rear defogger is a welcome addition(hope they can change for the existing ones too!) by the way Maruti has started a unique swift club which goes to indicate that the swift is unbeaten in leadership.
Cheers
Prasad
Old 17th August 2011, 18:51   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Can someone explain what is this new generation ABS with motor speed regulation system? Can I assume this is going to help acheive engine breaking controlled by ECU, without having to manually shift down during an emergency breaking maneuver?
Form Motorbeam website. This may be what you are mentioning.

"The new Swift is also equipped with EDC (Engine Drag Control), which works along with the ABS and EBD and helps to control engine revs when braking from high speed."
Old 17th August 2011, 19:17   #869
Senior - BHPian

Thank you ashok_lat, Explanation is still a little vague and not very clear, but if this EDC helps you acheive engine braking, then I beleive this is a fantastic safety feature to boast about. Segment first and the first car <10 lakhs to sport this feature, me thinks!

Will wait for someone to confirm though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Form Motorbeam website. This may be what you are mentioning.

"The new Swift is also equipped with EDC (Engine Drag Control), which works along with the ABS and EBD and helps to control engine revs when braking from high speed."
Old 17th August 2011, 19:24   #870
BANNED

Checked out the demo car ZDI at Bagga Link, Delhi. First the bad things. Cabin as claustrophobic as before. Black interior trim adding to this effect. Taking out spare wheel in case of flat tyre would require manoeuvrings. Quality of backrest adjustment lever pathetic.

The positive sides. Looks better than before could even be called smart. The interiors especially the dashboard stunning. Boot space not too bad for a small family. Alloys are eye catching. MID carries lots of information.

But overall a nice package.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks