Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2011, 15:06   #841
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Sirish of OD mentions the LDI is more expensive by Rs. 25,000 and VDI by Rs.33,000. I guess the pricing is as per expectations. But the fact is its now getting closer to i20 Crdi and more expensive than the Figo D. I still feel MSIL should have given a VDI/VXI (O) version with ABS and Dual Airbags as optional.
karanraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 15:08   #842
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

If the ex-showroom price of ZDI in Delhi is 6.38, then the price in Chennai should cost 6.50L as there is additional 2% VAT which was imposed by the state Government recently.
Old 17th August 2011, 15:14   #843
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
According to me Swift suit him the best as he drive frequently to Kannur and roads are not great on this route. I have been asking him to go for diesel option, he just won't listen.
Probably his fuel costs are reimbursed by the company! So why bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
I am not sure if i missed bu went through the brochure twice. I don't find a mention of Airbags on the new Swift. Is this a miss on the write-up as its just launched or really the Airbags have been removed as a cost cutting measure to make it cheaper in comparison to the competitors?
ABS & Airbags are mentioned available for Z variants as per the website in feature spec section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
IMO, the ZDI bookings would not be much and for the other variants the prices are more or less as expected. So I doubt on the cancellation part!
True. The cancellation part was a wish list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Shameful and rather unforgivable making those kind of mistakes on your launch website. Am sure the marketing team had this information a long time ago. Indian carmakers continue to underestimate how sophisticated consumers are these days, with most of our research being conducted online.
You might want to know that the same Swift website for years had the tagline "You are FULE" [read as "you are the fool"] on the HOME PAGE. They failed to change it even after I sent a mail to them. I know making mistakes on spec details is a grave mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I didn't find the prices that shocking at all. A fully loaded diesel Swift at 7.5 lac sounds like a good value proposition to me
I agree. The ZDi prices is just less than Rs. 2000/- from my expectation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Petrol model prices are OK, but Diesel prices are way more than what is expected!
ODMAG reports that the price of ZXi has been increased by a 17K where as LDi gets a 25K increase & VDi gets 33K increase.
Old 17th August 2011, 15:15   #844
Senior - BHPian

Carwale lists Mumbai OTR for ZXI around 6.45L but they don't have finance details as yet.
Old 17th August 2011, 15:20   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I think some of the responses on this thread to the pricing represents the problem Maruti might face: "I'm spending 7L+ for a hatch, so why should I spend it on a Maruti"?

It would be interesting to know the reaction of someone who had booked old Swift Vdi+ABS. Now that there's no ABS in VDi, would he be willing to purchase the new VDi, or upgrade to ZDi or cancel the booking and go for some other car?
I had booked a Swift VDi ABS
Honestly, I am quite clueless right now as to what to do. I want ABS but not much else from Maruti. IMO I can do a better job with the wheels and ICE etc. Maybe, I'll get a ZDi and sell the stuff I don't need to bring the price down

I think Maruti missed a trick by discontinuing the VDi ABS model.

P.S. What other car mate? Seriously!
Old 17th August 2011, 15:23   #846
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M View Post
Maybe, I'll get a ZDi and sell the stuff I don't need to bring the price down
IMO, go for the ZDI, good value proposition for a fully loaded Swift! TD the Swift and decide.

Cheers!
Old 17th August 2011, 15:26   #847
BHPian

IMO, the Swift ZDi looks reasonable priced in my place @ Rs. 642187 vs Punto Emotion Pack @ Rs. 656632 and i20 CRDi Sportz @ Rs.654,145. In the i20, at that price I get power fold mirrors and driver airbag, but no ABS or rear wiper. The Swift which is a new car, with high resale value & the peace of mind the Maruti badge offers (though Hyundai is also OK in the latter)
Old 17th August 2011, 15:39   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Sirish of OD mentions the LDI is more expensive by Rs. 25,000 and VDI by Rs.33,000. I guess the pricing is as per expectations. But the fact is its now getting closer to i20 Crdi and more expensive than the Figo D. I still feel MSIL should have given a VDI/VXI (O) version with ABS and Dual Airbags as optional.
+1 to that. This is what I was comparing just now & looks like Figo is even more value for money now. Some things I hate about Maruti... if you want rear wash wipe (which according to me is necessary), music system then you have to go for ZXI/ZDI topend version only.

Still Maruti has improved on features than the outgoing model.
Old 17th August 2011, 15:52   #849
BANNED

Pricing is ok. Top I20 CRDI (w/o AVN) is around 8 lakhs in Delhi. Swift ZDI will be around 7.15 in Delhi. With all these features and options along with peace of mind, spare availability, service centres and servicing cost Maruti entails it is a good buy.

Only things that are really lacking are boot space, 60:40 split seats and Bluetooth. However it should have offered VDI/VXI + ABS option. But it still is a well-packaged deal priced alright. And IMO the introductory price won't be hiked in near future otherwise it will go into the sub 4 m Dzire territory.

Eagerly waiting for TBHP review.

Last edited by anandjha : 17th August 2011 at 15:54.
Old 17th August 2011, 15:58   #850
BHPian

The Swift website shows ABS + EBD and Airbags as a feature on VXi / VDi...
Is it a mistake?? If they are really providing those features then the V trim would be perfect..
Attached Thumbnails
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-swiftfeatures.jpg  

Old 17th August 2011, 15:58   #851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M View Post
I had booked a Swift VDi ABS
Honestly, I am quite clueless right now as to what to do. I want ABS but not much else from Maruti. IMO I can do a better job with the wheels and ICE etc. Maybe, I'll get a ZDi and sell the stuff I don't need to bring the price down

I think Maruti missed a trick by discontinuing the VDi ABS model.

P.S. What other car mate? Seriously!
You could go for the Figo TDCi Titanium. With the money you save, you can get a tire+wheel+ICE upgrade. You get a bigger boot as well
Old 17th August 2011, 16:15   #852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
Pricing is ok. Top I20 CRDI (w/o AVN) is around 8 lakhs in Delhi. Swift ZDI will be around 7.15 in Delhi.
Lower actually. My friend who had booked the Swift Zdi a couple of weeks back, got a quote today of around 6.90 OTR Gurgaon and 6.95 OTR Delhi.

A good deal IMO.
Old 17th August 2011, 16:51   #853
Senior - BHPian

The new maruti swift website is up and running.
Maruti Suzuki swift car

I am not sure whether it is a error, but the website mentions that the VXi and the VDi variants are equipped with Airbags and ABS. If it is true, then the mid variant will be absolute VFM proposition.
Old 17th August 2011, 17:05   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
The new maruti swift website is up and running.
Maruti Suzuki swift car

I am not sure whether it is a error, but the website mentions that the VXi and the VDi variants are equipped with Airbags and ABS. If it is true, then the mid variant will be absolute VFM proposition.
Pretty sure that the V or L variants will not come with either ABS or airbags. Wishful thinking though Sigh!

On a serious note, I am of the opinion that MSIL has made a terrible mistake by not offering ABS as an option on the V variants, like it was offered in the earlier gen Swift. I understand that there may be logistical problems in supply, due to which delivery would be delayed for such V _ ABS versions. However, people who understand the value of ABS would rather wait an extra month than not avail of the option. Hence, this is certainly a regressive step from MSIL.
Old 17th August 2011, 17:07   #855
Distinguished - BHPian

They are planning to load the V Variants with goodies this time around. I dont think this is an error. They also get electric mirrors, integrated ORVM indicators etc
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks