Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2011, 19:30   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
did Innova, ever come with a petrol variant? Sorry, if i am misinformed.
Innova has a 2L 132 PS petrol motor as well. Please see the specs page below.

Toyota Innova specs

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th July 2011 at 19:31.
Old 8th July 2011, 19:53   #92
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Even I am specifically interested in booking the ZDI version like many others on this forum, I don't think the ZDI will get any preferential treatment from MSI. And I expect it to take even longer than the VDI's & VDI(ABS).

But, lets hope for the best.
Old 9th July 2011, 00:32   #93
BHPian

of course Innova comes with a petrol version. My friend has it. The FE is around 9-10 on highway. And the sound is almost like the diesel one.

It has a 2L 4 cylinder engine.
Old 9th July 2011, 10:35   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Could you get the details of this? When I enquired, someone told me its going to cost 45,000/- Another one said it requires ECU tweaking, hence its impossible.

I would like to know where it was done, what are the restrictions, how is it done [is it just like a company installation or any alternate method] and also the cost associated.
Here is the info. which is about a year old. Done at one of the MASS in Mumbai. I'm quoting exactly what my friend mentioned to me:

Total cost about 8K.

Had to change the rear glass as well.

glass 1800
sealant 1000
labour 1000
wiper motor 2800
blade and arms 550 (approx)
wiring labour 750

was done in two installments, first got the rear glass fitted, then had to wait almost 20 days as wiper motor was not in stock anywhere in mumbai..... had to be ordered from gurgaon but still took longer to be delivered as even they didn't have it in stock.

Wiring done thru ECM. I have 2 separate switches for wiper and demister. Didn't put the combination switch so the wiper stops at the moment you switch it off. It does not stop at its initial position.

I am assuming my friend did not get the rear glass water spray (wash) connection/piping installed. His post doesn't talk about it. Also, that would be one hell of a job. Hope this info. is useful.

45K is a clear indication the guys don't want to carry out the modification. Or are incapable of doing it.

Last edited by Stratos : 12th July 2011 at 13:06. Reason: Formatting.
fuel_addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 10:54   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
did Innova, ever come with a petrol variant? Sorry, if i am misinformed.

Abhishek
Its perfectly understandable if you weren't aware of the petrol Innova. One rarely sees it on the roads.
Old 11th July 2011, 14:00   #96
Team-BHP Support

Link.

Oh Please, not again. I hope this stir doesn't cause a delay in the launch of the new Swift.
Old 11th July 2011, 14:27   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Link.

Oh Please, not again. I hope this stir doesn't cause a delay in the launch of the new Swift.
If it does come on to another strike, it definitely will.

And I guess the union workers know it too!
Old 11th July 2011, 16:40   #98
BHPian

when i checked for booking New Swift diesel the salesman said Maruti is releasing only Petrol version and Diesel version would follow after few months, I am not sure how reliable is this information?

-MUKE
Old 11th July 2011, 18:01   #99
BHPian

Just booked a Pearl White VDI(ABS) with Krish Motors, Pitampura. Have been quoted a waiting period of 18-19weeks. The SE says the delivery date should be around 15thAugust. As I am interested in ZDI version, the SE said I have the freedom to shift to ZDI, if it is launched, and it might have a slightly shorter waiting compared to the rest.

Lets hope for the best.
Old 11th July 2011, 18:29   #100
BHPian

Is Maruti giving discounts on the current Swift to clear stock?
Old 11th July 2011, 19:08   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Is Maruti giving discounts on the current Swift to clear stock?
Certainly No Discounts or Freebies on Swift D, can't say about the Petrol version though.
Old 11th July 2011, 20:09   #102
BHPian

Was casually surfing the Swift Uk website, and noticed that the Start-Stop button and Bluetooth capability is not offered on the diesel version. And in my opinion, now it looks highly unlikely to be offered here. Quite saddened by the findings.

Can our Scoop-Master Sid throw some light on this?
Old 11th July 2011, 20:23   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Was casually surfing the Swift Uk website, and noticed that the Start-Stop button and Bluetooth capability is not offered on the diesel version. And in my opinion, now it looks highly unlikely to be offered here. Quite saddened by the findings.
Ouch! I do hope that does not happen on the India spec version. Dont think that Maruti is going to open themselves up to criticism again for stripping down the diesel versions!

Also, congrats on your new booking! . Honestly a 18-19 week waiting period for a booking you just made does not seem so bad, i honestly thought it would be something in the range of 4-5 months.
fangface is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 08:55   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangface View Post

Honestly a 18-19 week waiting period for a booking you just made does not seem so bad, i honestly thought it would be something in the range of 4-5 months.
18-19 weeks is the same as 4-5 months BTW todays Hindu mentioned that Maruti has advised dealers to take bookings for the new Swift and has also mentioned that bookings for the current Swift can be shifted to the new Swift
Old 12th July 2011, 10:05   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
18-19 weeks is the same as 4-5 months BTW todays Hindu mentioned that Maruti has advised dealers to take bookings for the new Swift and has also mentioned that bookings for the current Swift can be shifted to the new Swift
heh heh, your point is well taken!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks