Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 12:38   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I'm not trying to disappoint you. Kindly look at the interior pic(from the website) in previous page and the area around the Start Stop button looks hollow(to me atleast). My gut feeling is we will not be getting Start Stop button.
If you look at the HT article, you will see that we are geting Start Stop button. And this article's has been published based on information provided by IV Rao, managing executive officer (engineering), MSIL.
Attached Thumbnails
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-copy-19_07_2011_701_009.jpg  

mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 12:46   #227
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I'm not trying to disappoint you. Kindly look at the interior pic(from the website) in previous page and the area around the Start Stop button looks hollow(to me atleast). My gut feeling is we will not be getting Start Stop button.
That part is covered and cant see anything clearly there for sure.The steering is blocking it clearly so we cannot be sure whether there is something there or not.
Old 19th July 2011, 14:20   #228
BHPian

Finally, we have a date on which the new Maruti Suzuki Swift will be launched.

17th August it is when Maruti is expected to unveil on of the most anticipated cars of the year, the new Swift for the Indian market. The new Swift is expected to come with six variants, one variant more than the current version.
The new variant will be the ZDi model of the Swift Diesel, which will bring airbags into the equation for the top end diesel model, apart from the rear defogger and its likes. Also, the new crop of Swifts are expected to come with a lot more features than the existing versions.
Suzuki Swift Hatchback

15 inch alloy wheels, automatic climate control, push button start, electrically adjustable outer rear view mirrors and turn indicators on the rear mirrors are some of the new features that the new Swift is expected to bring to the table. Consequently, the prices of the new Swift will be higher than the current version by around 30,000 Rupees at least is our guesstimate.
The new Swift will also get a few changes that makes it lighter. The fuel tank will be a plastic unit instead of the previous metal unit and this is expected to result in weight savings. Maruti claims that all the weight saving measures on the new Swift will make the car more fuel efficient by up to 15%, which is quite remarkable as the Swift is already a frugal car to begin with.

Suzuki Swift Hatchback

An ARAI certified 20 KMPL mileage figure for the Swift Petrol and a 23.8 KMPL for the Swift Diesel is what is expected to put the bang back into car sales for Maruti even as car buyers demand high fuel economy due to the higher fuel prices. So, these figures could make the Swift Petrol the most fuel efficient car in it’s class, outdoing the Toyota Etios Liva, the current segment leader.

A main factor of the new Swift Petrol’s stellar fuel economy would be the dual variable valve timing that boosts engine power, responsiveness and fuel economy. The 1.3 Multijet diesel engine, on the other hand benefits from the weight savings that the new Swift has got. All in all, the new Swift seems to be a fitting upgrade for existing Swift owners based on the buzz surrounding it. So, August 17th-2011 is the big day that the Indian car market will eagerly look forward to.

Source : Maruti Suzuki New Swift Launch on 17th August! | IndianCarsBikes.in
Racer_X is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 17:32   #229
BHPian

The alloy wheels in the above picture looks pretty decent. I wonder why they had to change the design to such a sore looking one. Probably Maruti thinks that it will sell no matter what they do with the car. I am sure that a lot of people who potentially wanted to book the Zdi/Zxi versions will prefer to buy the Vdi/Vxi and change the alloy wheels to their liking. I wonder if Maruti will provide an exchange offer for the alloys and make a killing.
Old 19th July 2011, 17:46   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
The alloy wheels in the above picture looks pretty decent. I wonder why they had to change the design to such a sore looking one. Probably Maruti thinks that it will sell no matter what they do with the car. I am sure that a lot of people who potentially wanted to book the Zdi/Zxi versions will prefer to buy the Vdi/Vxi and change the alloy wheels to their liking. I wonder if Maruti will provide an exchange offer for the alloys and make a killing.
I have been thinking along those lines too. Getting the alloys swapped for better looking after market ones. Whoever at Maruti came up with this alloy design surely does not have a good sense of taste.
Old 19th July 2011, 17:57   #231
BHPian

The worst part in the design of this and many other modern hatches, is the loading height of the boot keeps getting higher with every generation. Soon we'll be lifting our bags to shoulder height before we can put them into the boot.

Whoever started this design trend needs to re-look at the rear-overhang clearance, spare wheel space, and boot lid design combination to prevent small car buyers from getting a backache!
Old 19th July 2011, 18:15   #232
BHPian

The alloys in the above pic are 16", and we will be getting 15" on the ZDI, maybe that is why MSI changed the design. But again, these are way better than what are being offered than current Swift and Dzire. Personally, even I don't like the design. But, lets wait for the launch and see the car in flesh before criticizing the alloys so much.
Old 19th July 2011, 18:17   #233
BANNED

The Petrol versions must be priced between 4.5L - 6L and Diesel between 5L - 6.5L. Anything more than that may be over-optimistic and suicidal for Maruti. But considering the enormous brand value that Swift enjoys, it could still sell well.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 19th July 2011 at 18:19.
Old 19th July 2011, 19:37   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Comparison of the interiors of both versions.

Name:  difference.GIF
Views: 7470
Size:  252.8 KB

Top pic is from Racer X's above post (possibly the UK version of the new Swift), and bottom pic is the decoded pic from Maruti's Indian Swift site.

Less loaded steering controls is the first obvious difference. Can you spot anything else?
Old 19th July 2011, 19:44   #235
Senior - BHPian

1. UK version has Bluetooth integrated HU with call receive/end button on the steering wheel. Indian version does not have it.

2. There is no storage on top of blower in Indian version ?

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 19th July 2011 at 19:49.
Old 19th July 2011, 20:02   #236
BHPian

UK - Storage space on dash ( above AC center vents), Leather wrapped steering wheel.
Indian - No Storage space or leather wrapped steering.
Old 19th July 2011, 20:42   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Less loaded steering controls is the first obvious difference. Can you spot anything else?
They reported start/stop button but I do not see it in Indian version.
Old 19th July 2011, 22:05   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
1. UK version has Bluetooth integrated HU with call receive/end button on the steering wheel. Indian version does not have it.

2. There is no storage on top of blower in Indian version ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
UK - Storage space on dash ( above AC center vents), Leather wrapped steering wheel.
Indian - No Storage space or leather wrapped steering.
Spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
They reported start/stop button but I do not see it in Indian version.
If you see carefully, there is a small gap/groove beside the steering wheel on the right side, right where the Start/Stop button is located in the UK version of the new Swift. Most of that is hidden behind the steering wheel, but it is safe to assume that the button is indeed present, and might find it's way into the ZXi/ZDi variant.
Old 19th July 2011, 22:27   #239
BHPian

What about after market audio system?
Its necessary to modify the center console,
And single din systems wont look good.
Old 19th July 2011, 22:51   #240
BHPian

Will all the models come factory fitted with a music system? If not, then their central console can definitly be used for aftermarket systems. Even i am thinking on these lines .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks