Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2011, 00:16   #316
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
More pics of the new swift clicked by a friend.

Cheers!!!
Thanks a lot for the new set of pics. I do like the dash design, nothing extraordinary however it still looks good. There is a double din music system if I am not wrong, and then the dial placement with the bigger and the smaller dials in symmetry is decent too. The alloys will be a 'hate it or love it' affair, as for me I am lovin' it.

Bigger Head lights and tail lights, is that good or bad, I guess time will tell, but the bill for sure will be big as well if something happens to them

Can't really make much of the interior space, but then again that is what T-Bhp reviews are for. Waiting for the launch and a lovely T-Bhp review on it
Old 26th July 2011, 00:20   #317
Senior - BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Thanks for the pics @Harshal. So as expected there is no start stop button feature. Im just hoping the ZDI doesnt breach 7-7.25 OTR else the i20 Sportz looks like a better option.
Old 26th July 2011, 00:36   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
There is a good chance the new Swift will come with a 4-speed AT variant as well. Keep checking this thread for an update on that.
AT Swift? Really? AT on petrol or diesel?
Old 26th July 2011, 00:37   #319
BHPian

So no start/stop button for indian variant . It has been replaced with coin holder .
Old 26th July 2011, 07:57   #320
BHPian

I have a feeling that Maruti is simply hyping about the increase in prices and will end up giving us the same prices or just a marginal increase in prices so that all those were expecting higher prices will jump up in glee and rush to book the car.
Old 26th July 2011, 09:12   #321
Senior - BHPian

Their FB page is a big joke. Nevertheless it drags so many people. Last time I checked in an hour there were more than 10000 people who liked the page, within an hour.

Not much info there as the page owner seems to be more interested in drawing likes than revealing info.

Fingers crossed, I hope to get delivered by August end.
Old 26th July 2011, 09:55   #322
Senior - BHPian

Indians sure love the Swift. 25000 bookings before launch and counting.

I have a question - Swift is a competent car, no doubt.
But, what is so different in the new Swift?

To me, it looks the same. I understand that the petrol gets a new VTVT engine and the interiors are a little more spacious. And may be electric OVRMs and one or two extra features. No major change in overall design. I expected more in the new Swift.

If Maruti increases price by 30K, it might back fire big time as then the Swift gets into competition with the bigger and more premium hatches.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 09:56   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I don't think the waiting period was in question, rather the number of bookings an "un-launched" vehicle gathered. This can be easily delivered in just 2 months flat, but once the existing customers are allotted vehicles. Also once the launch happens, there will be more bookings. Guess this is the car which attracted the maximum bookings even before launch?
Ok, maybe I didn't make myself clear. Given the current Swift's waiting period (3-4 months) and avg sales per month (around 11-12K), Maruti must be having more than 25K outstanding bookings for the car all the time. The question I had was, if the new Swift was not announced, how many of those 25K bookings that 'theragingbull' mentioned would still have happened - 10K? 15K? 20K? So what's the real impact of the new Swift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
I have a feeling that Maruti is simply hyping about the increase in prices and will end up giving us the same prices or just a marginal increase in prices so that all those were expecting higher prices will jump up in glee and rush to book the car.
If reports are to be believed, there are slight changes to both the petrol and diesel engines in the new Swift (more powerful). I think Maruti is trying to create a differenciation with the Ritz, so that Ritz can take on Figo/Beat etc at its price point and Swift can move up the chain to fight Polo/i20/Jazz etc.

Last edited by StarrySky : 26th July 2011 at 10:02.
Old 26th July 2011, 09:59   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
AT Swift? Really? AT on petrol or diesel?
Petrol. Expected price of the ZXi AT is 6.7L.

Maruti 2011 New Swift Automatic, Review, Price, Maruti Cars India, Comparison, Images, Variants

I am very skeptical about the FE figures given in that page though.
Old 26th July 2011, 10:03   #325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
The question I had was, if the new Swift was not announced, how many of those 25K bookings that 'theragingbull' mentioned would still have happened - 10K? 15K? 20K? So what's the real impact on the new Swift?

Here is the case of bookings on pre-launch( even the car is physically not seen). In such a scenario 25000 bookings are commendable!
Come August 17th (launch day) this, IMO, would increase and would most probably create a record bookings for a hatch in India!

Cheers!
Old 26th July 2011, 10:06   #326
BHPian

Hello Guys,

After a lot of confusion and the need to replace my Safari, I went ahead and booked a Zdi Arctic White yesterday. The showroom guys said that the pricing of the Zdi variant will go upto 7.15 On Road Jaipur. He also confirmed that the Swift will NOT have the Start/Stop feature even on the top end model. He will be calling me in 3-4 days when they receive the cars at their warehouse and I will keep you updated with the pics.

I am now thinking of cancelling the booking and going for a Pre-worshipped Optra Magnum LT with just 37,000 kms on the odo. What do you guys say? Does it make sense to get a 7L+ Swift?

Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 10:09   #327
BHPian

This is ridiculous! Suzuki no longer values Indians like other countries, Agreed the swift has major updates but aren't they mainly cosmetic? The Interiors get updated right! But any 6yr + car will get that update.

What I expected Suzuki to provide was a plethora of segment first features like the start stop button, Bluetooth, 90 bhp, 6 airbags etc. Sadly from the images seen even the quality is not up-to premium standards!

Then at the end of the day what is Suzuki providing? A new Little-better version of the swift.

What I fail to understand is that is providing the ZDI variant the solution to shut up the Indian consumer?

The price hike will be nominal because Maruti has stripped down the swift to make it just another launch and here I waited and waited thinking that the new swift will change the Indian market!

Competition will eat up the swift! I am sorry fellow Indians we have been taken for a ride!

As for Suzuki, Congrats on creating a hype and achieving sales by fooling the customer!
Furebo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 10:31   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

"Maruti is already in touch with the 20,000-odd customers who were on the waiting list for the old Swift. "All these customers will now get the new Swift and we have written to them already. Once they confirm by writing to the dealer, we will give priority to these existing bookings," said Pareek. "This process is currently on," he said."

The Times of India on Mobile

Cheers!
Old 26th July 2011, 10:33   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post

What I expected Suzuki to provide was a plethora of segment first features like the start stop button, Bluetooth, 90 bhp, 6 airbags etc. Sadly from the images seen even the quality is not up-to premium standards!
Even the Key-fob looks like a gen or two old - No remote locking on ZXi variant?

And why is that hanky (or is it a piece of paper) kept over the place where Start-stop button should be?
Old 26th July 2011, 10:56   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
I think none of the features you have mentioned would be segment-first.

Stat/Stop button: Micra
Bluetooth: Punto, Figo, i20?
90HP: Punto, Jazz (petrol) or Punto/i20 (diesel)
6 airbags: I think i20 had 6 aribags (pre-facelift)

And let's wait to see the car in flesh before commenting on the interior quality.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks