Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2011, 17:49   #1066
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!

Today while cycling I was at a dealership when I got to see both the New swift and the old one side by side. Some of my obersvations
  • The car retains the old charm across except for the boot which is even more pronounced now.
  • The new headlights feel longer only from the side. Anyone who does not like it can cover them as well.
  • The interiors are beautiful. The dash, ICE and ACC have a completely new feel. Much better than the SX4 which has them similar to old generation.
  • I liked the alloys. The car seems to have a higher stance ala SX4.
  • And the rear windows are even smaller than the outgoing version. So people who were complaining about claustrophobic area at the back will continue to feel. The boot did feel really small.
  • Will test drive sometime this week. If not for the diesel mill, I would have surely switched to the Honda Jazz.

Overall the cars looks interesting.
Old 21st August 2011, 17:51   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Just now checked the new swift VDI in one of the Hyderabad dealership showrooms. Car looks much better and interior quality is very good. However, there is not much increase in rear leg room. Boot space is less and as someone mentioned loading the baggage into boot will be like a small workout :-).

Here are the On road prices for all variants in Hyd.

LXI - 520614
VXI - 566261
ZXI - 663943

LDI - 620218
VDI - 670762
ZDI - 761172

This includes Warranty for 3 years (4995), Registration (2750) and Handling charges (3950).

Waiting period told was 2-3 months for Petrol and 6-8 months for diesel.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Funny that the prices are around 20k more that OTR in Mumbai. Zxi in Mumbai is 6.4L. I always thought the prices were highest in Mumbai?
Old 21st August 2011, 18:07   #1068
BHPian

Wait till you see the Bangalore Prices! ZDi is 7,77,845 in Bangalore, a full 10k more than in Hyderabad! Bangalore, i think, is the most expensive city for buying a car and for running it as well.
Old 21st August 2011, 18:31   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Saw a grey Swift on road in the city yesterday.I was afraid that the new Swift cannot stand out much from the old one,but i was surprised when i saw the new swift,but its easily discernible.From the rear it looks good,and GC seems to be higher than the current one.
Old 21st August 2011, 18:50   #1070
BHPian

Just test drove the new swift diesel Zdi , maruti has worked done wonders in terms of drivability . I have the old swift vdi 2010 model , trust me this new swift outscores in every department . Clutch system has been worked upon , its very light same as petrol version . Gears are butter smooth , turbo spool surge is still same . I have driven my old swift for 15000 kms on 195 primacy LC tyres but this new one has gave me goosebumps during the test drive . Car is well composed on high speed . Test drive the car Bhpain's and you will not dissapointed with the new one . I converted my booking of vdi to zdi today . On road price of zdi in faridabad is 6,93000 and delivery is next month as what salesperson told me .
Safari_Beast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 19:12   #1071
BHPian

how is that guys in delhi are talking about such short delivery periods. In hyderabad they still cliam close to six months.

So it is more than 7.5 lakhs in Hyd. That is a lot of moolah but I guess it will still rule. I am just wonderring if I should book mine in Hyderabad or pune now.
Old 21st August 2011, 19:13   #1072
Senior - BHPian

I was reading somewhere that Maruti is claiming an average of 22kmph + on the new diesel. I wonder if they have changed any of the old Swifts characteristics of sheer mad power delivery once the turbo kicks in. I also wonder if they would have de tuned it to deliver more power. I am for one a fan of the diesel Swift and if the characteristic is not lost in the new one im gonna que up to book the car.

Does anyone have any idea if they would be introducing an automatic version of te Diesel Swift in the new Shape? Much needed i would say and it would turn a lot of customers their way from the i10.
Old 21st August 2011, 19:17   #1073
BHPian

There has always been three months waiting period for swift diesel in delhi . Zdi is booked in very few numbers , when i saw the booking list today its like 100 : 1 ratio . I dont know why it so huge in south india . Please check with other bhpians .

When i was test driving the zdi , 8.1 km /l it fuel consumption was displaying . It has the same turbo kick but one feel less in zdi due to broad patch tyres .

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
how is that guys in delhi are talking about such short delivery periods. In hyderabad they still cliam close to six months.

So it is more than 7.5 lakhs in Hyd. That is a lot of moolah but I guess it will still rule. I am just wonderring if I should book mine in Hyderabad or pune now.
Old 21st August 2011, 19:22   #1074
BHPian

When is the official review going to be published on the forum?
Its been quite some while.
I would love to know some hard-to-note facts about the new Swift.
Old 21st August 2011, 19:35   #1075
BHPian

Visited a Dealership today, no test drives were available but a ZDi demo car was there. Simply loved the car. Be it interiors or exteriors, this car simple blew whatever confusion I had in mind regarding its competition.

Interiors look really mature and rich. The dimple texture on the dash and doors shouts class & quality. Space in the front is great, good at the rear, but it does feels claustrophobic due to the very small windows. Power window switches & ORVM adjuster could have been a lot better.

The alloys look quite good in flesh, and the wheel well looks ok with 15". Had booked a VDi-ABS in the first week of July, which I would be converting to ZDI soon.

The ZDI costs 7.15 OTR Delhi, which is about 20k more than expected, mainly due to the increased 2% road tax for cars above 6L. But, I think Maruti has done a brilliant job overall. The only grouse remains is the omission of Push-button start, folding ORVM & Bluetooth.

Last edited by ScorpMan : 21st August 2011 at 19:36.
ScorpMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 19:37   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Even after ~week of new Sift launch I am not seeing TBHP official review. Looks like Maruti is not interested in inviting unbiased reviewers from TBHP for test drive and review the car. If so in my opinion all future Maruti launches should be boycotted in Official Car Review Section for their biased attitude.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 19:37   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Can someone please post good quality pics of L and V variants?
Your wish has been granted.
Shared below are the pics of New Swift VDi,

-Pic showing Steering wheel of VDi/VXi trim with full Centre surrounding V-accent(without Audio controls).
Infact, for me its better looking than ZXi/ZDi's Steering wheel.
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-dsc01789m.jpg

-Pic showing, Centre console with Manual Controls for HVAC & Maruti trademark Dual din space left for ICE.
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-dsc01790.jpg

-New Wheel cap design for VDi/VXi.
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-dsc01791.jpg

Featured below are some technical differences between the New Swift vs Previous Swift.
-90mm increase in length speaks itself inside the bonnet too, as the Engine Oil filter is having some free space around itself now.
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-dsc01794m.jpg

-Relocated Coolant reservior.
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-dsc01795m.jpg
CRtorquefan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 19:58   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Even after ~week of new Sift launch I am not seeing TBHP official review. Looks like Maruti is not interested in inviting unbiased reviewers from TBHP for test drive and review the car. If so in my opinion all future Maruti launches should be boycotted in Official Car Review Section for their biased attitude.
Just because maruti did not invite Tbhp does not mean that we should avoid them in future. then the loser will noly be Team Bhp.

Now that the car is available at dealers, a TD could have been done. But I guess the reviewers must be busy so lets us wait. In the mean time we all can have a look at the car and take an individual call and then freeze it based on final reviews if not decided by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
There has always been three months waiting period for swift diesel in delhi . Zdi is booked in very few numbers , when i saw the booking list today its like 100 : 1 ratio . I dont know why it so huge in south india . Please check with other bhpians .
I will check with others. Between Hyderabad and Pune I will buy whichever city gives me the Car earlier.

Anyone have an idea of OTR prices in Pune for ZDi
Old 21st August 2011, 20:18   #1079
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Looks like Maruti is not interested in inviting unbiased reviewers from TBHP for test drive and review the car. If so in my opinion all future Maruti launches should be boycotted in Official Car Review Section for their biased attitude.
Reviews would help the prospective buyer on the pros and cons but eventually the buyer has to TD the car and decide.
No doubt the TBHP review is awaited but the could be reasons to that.
In the meantime a prospective buyer could TD the car as they are available at the dealers!

Cheers!
Old 21st August 2011, 20:57   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Cancelled the ZDI booking as i decided to go for a Jazz instead. The dealership experience wasn't great. As soon as i entered, i sat in the car to take a final call on my booking, and since i was so much in love with the interiors i lit up the instrument cluster, immediately a senior sales exec came and disconnected the battery!!

The same guy happily connected it back, and explained how lane change indicators work to a customer who had come to look at the car, he was still deciding whether to book it or not. That did it!! This attitude is completely not acceptable, and i can't even imagine how the after-sales experience would be.

I was feeling bad about having to cancel the swift booking but the dealership experience left me without any regrets in doing so

Last edited by shashank.nk : 21st August 2011 at 21:01. Reason: added space
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks