Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2011, 18:55   #271
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Are you sure Cherry red is available??? As for as what dealer told new Swift will only have Blazing red, Glistering Grey, White, Black and silver.
Hmm he was also saying Blazing Red but I read some where on the net that is Cherry Red. I will corss check again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M View Post
Guys are you sure the booking is for ZDi? I am only asking this as I have booked a VDi ABS only because ZDi is still not being booked. I had confirmed this from 4 different MSIL dealers before booking which was 10th July.

Also, I had spoken to one of the suppliers for MSIL and he confirmed that as of now they are not churning out any ZDi's.

Please confirm this as I too am keen on the ZDi.
Yup my booking is for ZDi only. A lot of reports are confirming that ZDi is available. So do check with them again
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 19:08   #272
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Looking at all the scoops, official scoops, global swifts - On the exterior nothing much seems to have changed except for headlamps which is visible. Maybe interiors has undergone huge change, not sure but looks like though.

I believe it's only Maruti and Toyota who commands this kinda of followers who are ready to bet their money without even seeing/knowing abt the product being dished out.
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 20:16   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M View Post
Guys are you sure the booking is for ZDi?
Refer to their facebook page, link is provided on maruti swift home page. So far, Maruti has confirmed petrol VVT engine and ZDi variant.
Selective is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 20:24   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M

Guys are you sure the booking is for ZDi? I am only asking this as I have booked a VDi ABS only because ZDi is still not being booked. I had confirmed this from 4 different MSIL dealers before booking which was 10th July.

Also, I had spoken to one of the suppliers for MSIL and he confirmed that as of now they are not churning out any ZDi's.

Please confirm this as I too am keen on the ZDi.
The dealer showed me an SMS from MUL confirming the ZDi variant. In any case, you can always upgrde to the ZDi. That should be no issue.
fuel_addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 22:39   #275
BHPian

Finally after lot of discussions and thinking, finnally booked New Swift. paid 5000RS as advance. Have been told that the vehicle will be delivered in 3-4 months max.
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:56   #276
BHPian

Came across this link -

Exclusive: 2011 Maruti Suzuki Swift launches on August 1, 2011 | Latest Autos & Car News | OnCars.in

The Maruti dealer here did mention about a possible preview of the car on 1st August car with pricing and variants. They talk about Tier 1 (metro) cities in that link.
Old 22nd July 2011, 20:43   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Some info on the Swift 2011 -

Quote:
The new car is slightly bigger so that the passengers get enough space at the back (old Swift’s Achilles heel).

Slight modifications have been done to the head lamps and the tail lamps to make them flow well with the design. You can still see the glimpses of the old Swift in the new one but somehow the new one looks more progressive and is definitely a step forward.

The interiors will get a major facelift in the new Swift. You will see a whole new dashboard and a three spoke steering wheel designed on the similar lines as Kizashi.

Loads of new features such as back wiper washer demister, push button start, Aux and USB port, Bluetooth connectivity, climate control and audio controls mounted on steering wheel means this is a fully-loaded car.

The engines (petrol and diesel) engines will also get a major over haul. A 5 bhp boost is expected on the 1.2L K Series petrol engine taking it to 90 Bhp (with the help of variable valve timing) while the 1.3L diesel will be lifted straight from Fiat and will produce 80 bhp. 5-speed manual will be standard on both versions.

Overall, the new Swift looks like a very competitive package in the market. The pricing, which will be slightly higher than the old Swift, will decide the fate of the new Swift.

SOURCE - IAB
Old 22nd July 2011, 21:02   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Some info on the Swift 2011 -

Loads of new features such as back wiper washer demister, push button start, Aux and USB port, Bluetooth connectivity, climate control and audio controls mounted on steering wheel means this is a fully-loaded car.

The engines (petrol and diesel) engines will also get a major over haul. A 5 bhp boost is expected on the 1.2L K Series petrol engine taking it to 90 Bhp (with the help of variable valve timing) while the 1.3L diesel will be lifted straight from Fiat and will produce 80 bhp. 5-speed manual will be standard on both versions.

SOURCE - IAB
Two doubts : Out of all features mentioned, the current ZXi already gets rear washer / demister, audio controls on steering wheel & climate control. So whey are they advertising these as new features?

2 :: Whats the meaning of engine lifted straight from Fiat and so it will produce 80 bhp? !

Gosh, some people write anything just for the sake of it !

Its good that they decided to give us a ZDi this time. Now I hope they dont take the pricing to i20 levels.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd July 2011 at 21:04.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 21:16   #279
BHPian

When the original Swift was launched in 2005, the wait list was 6-7 months (if I recall correctly!). People where laying their money down on a car that they hadn't even seen in the flesh (or metal ). Wonder what the wait period will be when the Swift 2 launches?

Toyota, Hyundai, Ford, Chevy and others better watch out! The king is coming back to his throne with new shining Armour!
Old 22nd July 2011, 21:46   #280
BHPian

6-7 months waiting period means one who book now will get the car when the next face lifted version hit international market
We have been waiting for this from 2010 diwali.

Last edited by devil_klm : 22nd July 2011 at 21:47.
Old 23rd July 2011, 10:27   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

ZDi is confirmed. So, those of you who want to book it, go right ahead.

Some more info which has come in (via the official fan page of Swift) -

1) A longer and wider body, to give you the most comfortable ride. Only in the new Maruti Suzuki Swift.

2) Diesel engine revamped! Introducing the top end ZDi variant only in the Maruti Suzuki Swift!

3) Power just got a new meaning. New VVT engine and better power output for improved performance.

4) Premium Interiors with new dashboard design, best in class fit -finish and high-end integrated stereo.

The new Swift will debut on the 17th of next month with current engines (1.2 K Series with variable valve timing/ 1.3-liter Multi-jet diesel branded DDiS).
Old 23rd July 2011, 12:29   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
When the original Swift was launched in 2005, the wait list was 6-7 months (if I recall correctly!). People where laying their money down on a car that they hadn't even seen in the flesh (or metal ). Wonder what the wait period will be when the Swift 2 launches?

Toyota, Hyundai, Ford, Chevy and others better watch out! The king is coming back to his throne with new shining Armour!
As far as I remember the Swift was not an immidiate hit as it is now when it was launched. Anyways I think the new Swift is going to be a super hit right from its launch.

I have not read all the posts but does anyone know the power rating of the petrol version, I think VVT is for petrol only right?I think Swift will offer competition to Figo and i20. I just wanted to compare the three on paper with whatever available figures we have till now.

EDIT - Sorry for the post. Got the BHP figures from a post above. Mods kindly delete this post.

Last edited by Saanil : 23rd July 2011 at 12:31.
Old 23rd July 2011, 13:11   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
As far as I remember the Swift was not an immidiate hit as it is now when it was launched. Anyways I think the new Swift is going to be a super hit right from its launch.

I have not read all the posts but does anyone know the power rating of the petrol version, I think VVT is for petrol only right?I think Swift will offer competition to Figo and i20. I just wanted to compare the three on paper with whatever available figures we have till now.

EDIT - Sorry for the post. Got the BHP figures from a post above. Mods kindly delete this post.
I think you remember correct . I distinctly remember not liking the Swift looks when it first came out. I remember calling it 'ugly' at one point. It does not look so bad now and in fact we did consider getting it until Dad decided the back seat was claustrophobic! I've heard that from others too on this forum.

It does sound like a great driver's car though, so may still make it into our Parking area as a second car.
Old 23rd July 2011, 14:00   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alam86 View Post
I think you remember correct . I distinctly remember not liking the Swift looks when it first came out. I remember calling it 'ugly' at one point.
Swift set the charts on fire once the diesel variant came out. I could remember that the Swift was even offered with some discounts initially and people didn't take it light with respect to the looks.

But then the diesel changed the fate of Maruti and it in no time had the cash registers ringing and they never had to look back.
Old 23rd July 2011, 15:43   #285
BHPian

Here is an interesting article on the rivalry between Swift and Getz.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks