Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2011, 13:49   #256
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hi Vroom barabar! and bhpians

I booked all new swift diesel yesterday i.e 19th july and paid booking amount of rs 10000 for Vdi model . Waiting is same three months as i was i discussing with the dealer . Vdi will cost around 6 lakh as per their assumption . I am waiting for price to get disclosed on launch .
Did you ask the dealer about the cancellation amount just in case you book and then want to cancel?
Old 20th July 2011, 14:18   #257
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Nope i didnt asked because i will take the new swift for sure , whatever it takes . And my friend is finance advisor in maruti dealership . He got me a discount of Rs : 1200 through maruti power point card .

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Did you ask the dealer about the cancellation amount just in case you book and then want to cancel?
Old 20th July 2011, 20:38   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Bookings are open now.
There is a half page ad in Hindu today.

Any one willing to come up with the actual pricing?

Awesome alloys on the car in the ad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hi Vroom barabar! and bhpians

I booked all new swift diesel yesterday i.e 19th july and paid booking amount of rs 10000 for Vdi model . Waiting is same three months as i was i discussing with the dealer . Vdi will cost around 6 lakh as per their assumption . I am waiting for price to get disclosed on launch .
My coleague booked the ANS VDi on 10th by paying Rs 10,000 at Indus Motors, Kochi. Delivery, as per dealer, is after 7months.
It is to be remembered that in 2005 bookings for the Swift started much before the launch and the number of confirmed bookings was a sort of record then.

Last edited by rajeev k : 20th July 2011 at 20:39.
Old 20th July 2011, 21:05   #259
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if it is good thing or bad but new Swift is so close to old one in size, shape and proportions that people who are not automotively inclined may fail to spot the changes. MUL wanted a new Swift but at the same time kept it as close to the original as they could. Now if they had to change so little, then why change in the first place? Nothing was wrong with the looks of old one. Ok, other than space part.
Old 20th July 2011, 21:18   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I don't know if it is good thing or bad but new Swift is so close to old one in size, shape and proportions that people who are not automotively inclined may fail to spot the changes. MUL wanted a new Swift but at the same time kept it as close to the original as they could. Now if they had to change so little, then why change in the first place? Nothing was wrong with the looks of old one. Ok, other than space part.
MSIL did exactly the same with the Wagon R earlier. Probably to freshen up or refresh (in computer parlance), the monotony. In fact the only difference is MSIL did it in the case of Wagon R whereas Suzuki did it for Swift.
Old 20th July 2011, 21:26   #261
BHPian

I'm planning to book for new swift diesel top end model(may be ZDi). Should I wait for the launch and all initial reviews, but seeing current booking rate it would +6months delay. As they are not planning to change the DDis one, I hope there will not be any surprises in the engine side. Is it true the max torque would be available from 1750 rpm? Initially there were some news that ESP might also be brought in.
Old 21st July 2011, 09:39   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
My coleague booked the ANS VDi on 10th by paying Rs 10,000 at Indus Motors, Kochi. Delivery, as per dealer, is after 7months.
It is to be remembered that in 2005 bookings for the Swift started much before the launch and the number of confirmed bookings was a sort of record then.
7 months thats simply insane!!! I wonder whether it is worth waiting for like almost a year!
Old 21st July 2011, 11:41   #263
Team-BHP Support

Isn't it amazing that a company is attracting bookings on a car whose technical specifications and features details are not released. The pricing and the actual product is yet to be seen and they still have long waiting periods. It reminds me of iPhone releases. Lots of hype talk and speculation later people just want it.

Btw, I had booked for a (new) Swift VDi as long back as on 20Mar'11. I had initially paid only Rs. 5,000/- as booking amount. I had to issue an additional cheque of Rs. 5,000/- yesterday to move my booking and a letter stating the same. I am told I am among the first few in line and will get delivery as soon as the first batch of dispatch happens. MSIL has instructed dealers to quote a 4-6 month waiting period.
Old 21st July 2011, 11:51   #264
BHPian

I did the temporary booking of the ZDi today by paying 10K. Dealer confirms Rs 250 as the cancellation charge. We can cancel any time. As per my dealer, most bookings are for the VDi since people aren't aware of the ZDi. Backlog as per him is not significant and one can expect the car within a month after delivery begins. Either he was ignorant or being too optimistic. Lets see.

It seems details will be available on 1st August about price and features. Again, this may not be entirely correct. The dealer showed me a SMS they received from Maruti.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 21st July 2011 at 11:57.
Old 21st July 2011, 14:22   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
7 months thats simply insane!!! I wonder whether it is worth waiting for like almost a year!
7 months .I booked Swift zdi and they told me waiting period would be 4 months. I booked at Indus Motors Kayamkulam, Alappuzha Dist. In hindsight delivery after 7 months may be just perfect as we get a 2012 vehicle rather than late 2011. And by that time I hope we will have couple of good reviews about the vehicle. GTO, Pls beat expectation this time(wrt review) . The guy at showroom told me that they would get the display/demo vehicle by august.
Old 21st July 2011, 14:59   #266
BHPian

I also confirmed my booking for the ZDi today itself for 10K with Rs 100 as the cancellation charge. I am hoping that the ZDi is delivered early as the no. of people who are aware of the new variant are not too high.

As of now they are quoting around 4-6 months. Booked Cherry Red
Old 21st July 2011, 16:52   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post

Are you sure Cherry red is available??? As for as what dealer told new Swift will only have Blazing red, Glistering Grey, White, Black and silver.
Old 21st July 2011, 17:30   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat

Are you sure Cherry red is available??? As for as what dealer told new Swift will only have Blazing red, Glistering Grey, White, Black and silver.
Noooo! My favorite color, that light blue, won't be there? Not even copper orange? Sigh.
Old 21st July 2011, 18:00   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Noooo! My favorite color, that light blue, won't be there? Not even copper orange? Sigh.
As for as the information i got from dealer(Popular Maruti) i don't think there is light blue or copper orange.

Last edited by ashok_lat : 21st July 2011 at 18:12.
Old 21st July 2011, 18:02   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
I did the temporary booking of the ZDi today by paying 10K. Dealer confirms Rs 250 as the cancellation charge. We can cancel any time. As per my dealer, most bookings are for the VDi since people aren't aware of the ZDi. Backlog as per him is not significant and one can expect the car within a month after delivery begins. Either he was ignorant or being too optimistic. Lets see.

It seems details will be available on 1st August about price and features. Again, this may not be entirely correct. The dealer showed me a SMS they received from Maruti.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I also confirmed my booking for the ZDi today itself for 10K with Rs 100 as the cancellation charge. I am hoping that the ZDi is delivered early as the no. of people who are aware of the new variant are not too high.

Guys are you sure the booking is for ZDi? I am only asking this as I have booked a VDi ABS only because ZDi is still not being booked. I had confirmed this from 4 different MSIL dealers before booking which was 10th July.

Also, I had spoken to one of the suppliers for MSIL and he confirmed that as of now they are not churning out any ZDi's.

Please confirm this as I too am keen on the ZDi.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed