Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2008, 13:54   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
If I were you, I would first find that car, no matter how far I have to go or what I have to do. After finding that person, pursue him to transfer and to pay the ticket. The fine would again be 100 or 200 rs but why should you pay for something you haven't done.

Did you got the Zen transferred and do you keep its papers safely?
The Zen had actually been transferred, as mentioned, I found the car and left a note. The owner called me - I have his number now. He stated that the car is registered in his wife's name!

The Sierra was bought by a dealer - I have asked the AASI to be a "b" ledger extract on who is the owner. Based on that I will revert to the authorities.

One thing to remember is that the police records reflect the original owner and not the actual owner hence the mess
Old 31st December 2008, 19:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
One thing to remember is that the police records reflect the original owner and not the actual owner hence the mess
Good going then.. Any lesson for all of us reading this thread? Coz I have recently sold my Santro..

BTW just out of curiosity, what other cars have you sold in past years..
Old 31st December 2008, 19:40   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Good going then.. Any lesson for all of us reading this thread? Coz I have recently sold my Santro..

BTW just out of curiosity, what other cars have you sold in past years..
1: Tata Sierra - god knows where it is
2: Zen - have phone no of current owner
3: Santro - sold to a family friend
4: 800 - sold to maruti true value
5: City Vtec - we know where that is!
Old 31st December 2008, 20:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
.....and now I get a ticket for going wrong ay up a one way street in Bapoojeenagar in my Tata Sierra which I sold in 1997

I have no record of whom I sold it to

Do I ignore and hope for the best ? In the meanwhile, I have asked AASI to obtain a "B" ledger extract of who the owner could be - hopefully not me! This will take a couple of weeks
Goto the nearest bangaloreOne and you can get the B Extract from them at a nominal fee and it should be faster as its online into the RTO systems.

Last edited by dadu : 31st December 2008 at 20:03.
Old 31st December 2008, 21:36   #35
BHPian

Ajmat,
I feel pity, but its funny to hear this . How come the Police can charge the original owner ?? They need to get the updated records from RTO.

Being the expert - can we can verify any traffic violations on our vehicle?
Old 1st January 2009, 10:07   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Goto the nearest bangaloreOne and you can get the B Extract from them at a nominal fee and it should be faster as its online into the RTO systems.
Bangalore one don't do it any more - less revenue opportunity for the RTO. Got AASI on the job
Old 1st January 2009, 11:29   #37
BHPian

I got a call too; from my uncle. Some police guy traced his number and called him regarding a scooter belonging to my brother that was lying in the police station for the last many years. Brother got an earful; though he was positive that he had rightfully transferred it;

Thought up of all the possibilities why anyone would have abandoned the vehicle at the police station and not bothered to collect it - drunk driving; hit and run; used for terror, etc

I called up the police station and told them i would meet them on Saturday; dug up the papers and found delivery note, endorsed RC book copy AND transferred insurance papers. Went to show it to the police and was advised to go and get the records updated at the ROC. didnt pay anything btw; the police were apologetic and offered to release the scooter to me; they were also not sure how or why the scooter had landed up there.

Why, I wonder, after reading the posts here. I have the transferred RC book; if the police dont get updated records why should they harass the original owners to again go and get it updated in RTO records? and what is the guarantee this wont be repeated another time? Why is the computer system not maintained and why the government cant set up a simple automatic update system whereby all the records will get updated at the RTO office and the police stations (at least) across the state. for the kind of taxes that I pay, this is the least I expect. The problem seems to be that the police are too lazy to go to the RTO to trace out the updated status of the records and if they can call two people and get both of them to pay them something, why not?
Old 2nd January 2009, 08:42   #38
BANNED

After looking at the posts, I guess this is what happens. I am using the Kerala registration numbers as an example.

KL-07 is for Ernakulam district. When a KL-07 vehicle is found to violate the law, the police naturally contact the Ernakulam RTO, and the Ernakulam RTO will give details of that vehicle as available in their records.

However, if the buyer is not from Ernakulam, (example, Trichur, where the registration is KL08) the same vehicle will have an entry in Trichur RTO, though it is a KL07 vehicle. However, the RTO MAY not have given details fo the new registration to the police.

Obviously, there is a missing link somewhere in the vehicle registration / transfer process within the RTO premises.

I am saying thsi because from the Kerala RTO site, I find that vehicles from our family which were sold to persons within the same district have updated information, but for vehicle sold to persons outside EKM, either the registration is not at all available, or old registrered owner's details were present. Kerala RTO site almost upto date.
Old 2nd January 2009, 10:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
KL-07 is for Ernakulam district. When a KL-07 vehicle is found to violate the law, the police naturally contact the Ernakulam RTO, and the Ernakulam RTO will give details of that vehicle as available in their records.

However, if the buyer is not from Ernakulam, (example, Trichur, where the registration is KL08) the same vehicle will have an entry in Trichur RTO, though it is a KL07 vehicle. However, the RTO MAY not have given details fo the new registration to the police.
I am not sure that is right. Wherever the new buyer may take that vehicle, the change in ownership etc has to be only from the registered RTO. My vehicles have always been in another RTO across town & their records are all still with that RTO until i ask for a NOC to move it to another state.
Old 2nd January 2009, 11:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
I got a call too; from my uncle. Some police guy traced his number and called him regarding a scooter belonging to my brother that was lying in the police station for the last many years. Brother got an earful; though he was positive that he had rightfully transferred it;

Thought up of all the possibilities why anyone would have abandoned the vehicle at the police station and not bothered to collect it - drunk driving; hit and run; used for terror, etc

I called up the police station and told them i would meet them on Saturday; dug up the papers and found delivery note, endorsed RC book copy AND transferred insurance papers. Went to show it to the police and was advised to go and get the records updated at the ROC. didnt pay anything btw; the police were apologetic and offered to release the scooter to me; they were also not sure how or why the scooter had landed up there.

Why, I wonder, after reading the posts here. I have the transferred RC book; if the police dont get updated records why should they harass the original owners to again go and get it updated in RTO records? and what is the guarantee this wont be repeated another time? Why is the computer system not maintained and why the government cant set up a simple automatic update system whereby all the records will get updated at the RTO office and the police stations (at least) across the state. for the kind of taxes that I pay, this is the least I expect. The problem seems to be that the police are too lazy to go to the RTO to trace out the updated status of the records and if they can call two people and get both of them to pay them something, why not?
There should be a way to file such complaints in consumer court. Aren't we consumers of RTO services. This is a clear case of harassment.
Old 13th March 2009, 20:58   #41
Team-BHP Support

Well, the Sierra details came back in my name but a clearance certificate issued to RTO Electronics city

Today, got a another fine summons, this time for the Vtec.

However, I know that car is transferred. It only proves that the RTO records are screwed up and the car is transferred to RTO Rajajinagar
Old 20th August 2009, 11:27   #42
BHPian

Hey Ajmat,

Sorry to hear about your experience and all my condolences to you.

Similar version of my the story goes here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning-car/62798-article-how-sell-used-car-india-3.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
There should be a way to file such complaints in consumer court. Aren't we consumers of RTO services. This is a clear case of harassment.
DieselFan, One can lodge an FIR with the nearest police station and keep the copy as a proof. This way you can keep yourself safe, just incase if anything unusual happens. Any comments!!
Old 20th August 2009, 12:43   #43
Senior - BHPian

clearly show of mismanagement and updated records of RTO which is common thing to see across nation.Luckly havent faced this thing so far and have all records, copies of sold vehicles transfer documents.

Ajmat, sorry to hear all these from you, un updated records by RTO makes you face the trouble.Hope things gets settled in time.
Old 20th August 2009, 12:47   #44
BHPian

what do they do when you exchange car with dealer for new one.
Old 20th August 2009, 14:03   #45

I am also facing similar situation.

Story unfolds here. I sold my maruti car two years back to a dealer in J P nagar, Bangalore. I collected delivery note while selling my car.

In first week of August 09, I received a notice from RTO stating that my car had defective number plate. (Infact car had proper number plate with approved fonts)This was surprise for me since dealer might have sold to customer, who has not transferred ownership to his/her name and replaced the number plate(read faulty). I tried to reach dealer's mobile number, unfortunately mobile no does not exist. Immediately I rushed to Police Station along with delivery note.

Officials have asked me to obtain B extract from RTO to know about car history. I had to approach Agent, since it was tedious process and paid Rs 250/- to get the certificate on the same day. (Please note that BanagloreOne does not issue certificate). Record showed that CC was issued to Madikeri. Later I approached Bangalore BTIS cell on MG Road along with B Extract copy and Fine Letter. BTIS cell officials asked me to trace out the dealer and get it transferred.
Later I came back to office, wrote letter and sent it by Registered Post to RTO Banaglore, RTO Madikeri and BTIS cell authorities.

Till now I have not received acknowledgement, its been allmost 3 weeks passed. I dont know what further steps must be taken.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks