Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2014, 00:47   #31
MAS
Senior - BHPian

re: Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014

Both test mules spotted are LHD vehicles. I hope Chevrolet launches this face-lift immediately after the Auto-Expo, without any India-specific changes (like Maruti did with its Stingray)
Old 25th January 2014, 09:45   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Facelifted Chevy Beat (s) have been spotted in Pune. Here are the pics (courtesy ODI):

Attachment 1195915

Attachment 1195916
Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014-spark.jpg

Except the ORVMs, this is it.
Eminenttismo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2014, 09:57   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminenttismo View Post

Except the ORVMs, this is it.
The ORVMs, the front grill & the front bumper seem a bit changed to me.
I hope they come up with a different engine or a different state of tune atleast.
Old 29th January 2014, 22:33   #34
BHPian

The engine is destined to be the same, though it may be more tuned for efficiency. Any word on the interiors - speedo console, touch screen central console, audio + phone buttons on steering? I believe there may not be any change in the rear legroom space too, but sincerely hope they give us a automatic transmission!
Old 30th January 2014, 12:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

e-teasers of the Beat by GM:

Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014-chevroletbeatfaceliftteaserimageindia1024x440.jpg
CARDEEP is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 13:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Really? GM is doing all things wrong lately. Last I remember that when they added silver garnish to the interiors of the Beat, they released full page ads. I am sure, that ad cost more than the cost of the changes in thecar.
Old 30th January 2014, 15:19   #37
Senior - BHPian

Now the Beat's been spied filming the commercial by Mid-Day. Here's the pic:

Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014-yaamigautamwiththechevroletbeatfaceliftgoacommercialshoot958x1024.jpg
CARDEEP is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 16:33   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Now the Beat's been spied filming the commercial by Mid-Day. Here's the pic:

Attachment 1198921
Can't see any noticeable changes there. The Front bumper, maybe?.

Where's the update?
Old 30th January 2014, 16:37   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post

Where's the update?
Front bumper, fog lamp housing, grille and maybe headlights are smoked from the side.
StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 16:44   #40
Senior - BHPian

Isn't that from the OLD ad? Or if it's new Gm doesnt even change the ORVM, alloy wheel design. What's the USP of the new car?

Last edited by amtak : 30th January 2014 at 16:50.
Old 30th January 2014, 17:48   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Where's the update?
I fear there won't be much changes, except for few marketing terms. I only hope the petrol mill's low end torque is improved.

But, I have experienced the 1L 3-cylinder Diesel mill & found is acceptable for sedate driving.
Old 3rd February 2014, 23:00   #42
BHPian

Chevy Beat facelift Video!!

Very subtle changes overall

Steering mounted Controls added.

Source: Youtube, TV9 Telgu. If somebody can translate this to English

Last edited by Mr.Beat : 3rd February 2014 at 23:09.
Mr.Beat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 23:51   #43
Senior - BHPian

Even without any translation, the video is perfectly comprehensible. Good mid life refresh I would say. The seat height adjustment would fetch lot of small persons to Beat now, I remember many were put off by the low seat and high dashboard, and people trying DIY such as spacers for increasing seat height.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 23:58   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Chevy Beat facelift Video!!

Very subtle changes overall

Steering mounted Controls added.

Utter disappointment. Looking at the US spec, I had come to expect too much out of this facelift.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3350478

Don't think there is the bluetooth phone controls on the steering? Plus, the height adjust and silver inserts isn't a new thing, it was added in the refresh some months ago. Infact, I dont see anything apart from the changed visage, the tail mounted lamp and the so-called audio controls. No auto transmission either. Sigh!

Chevrolet, who are you kidding!
akshay87kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 03:14   #45
BANNED

Quote:
I was job-less so I have tried translating the video into English. Forgive me iif there are mistakes and at some places I have added my own to get things understand what he is telling and what he wants to convey. No offence to anyone. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Time: 01:30 onwards,

High mileage low price car which car gives in India is the Beat and Chevrolet has re-launched the beat in India with a few features. The difference between the old beat and the new beat, we shall see in the review.

Time: 02:10 onwards,

The exteriors first,

Three major changes here in the new one as compared to the older one:
1) Grille
2) Bumper
3) Headlamps and fog lamps

1) Grille: The older version had a grille design that is seen in most of the hatchbacks with no great design difference when compared to other hatches but in the new beat they have tried and added a sporty feel to the grille using the honey-comb design by extending it further below and incorporating the number plate inside the grille. Till we go into the high-end cars available we will not get the sporty feel as we all know but the customer feel and desire that it would be great if they get sporty looking cars in the smaller price segment which was the aim of Chevrolet so they took the design back to the drawing board and re-designed it.

2) Bumper: This is the second change where in the old beat the bumper is large and has 2 air dam at the base with a rounded bumper base design that is routine in all small segment cars of today which has been reduced to one slat of the air dam in the new one due to larger grille design and given the bumper skirty feel losing the rounded edge.

Time: 04:00 onwards,

3) Headlamps and Fog lamps: There is not much a change regarding the headlamps and the same outline (design) has been carried over to the new one but has a black border sort of thing (smoked headlamps type). Coming to fog lamps, the older version had the fog lamps incorporated into the front bumper and didn’t jut out to grab the attention but the new beat has a specialized space only for the fog lamps that give it attention.

Time: 04:50 onwards,

1) Rear-end view: The stop lamp in the older beat was inside the rear windscreen but on the new beat it is incorporated onto the spoiler, the tail lamps in the older beat had a black outline whereas the new beat has got rid of the black outline making the whole cluster in red. The older beat had chrome inserts with orange (indicator) and red (brakes), this didn’t enhance the visibility that much but the newer version has clear lens tail lights so the visibility is enhanced better.

2) Rear Bumper: The older beat had a plain looking bumper with two red reflectors on either ends whereas in the new one a small sized mesh has been added with reflectors angled to give it sporty feel as an rear diffuser types increasing the sporty quotient.

3) Side View: There is no change in both the models.

Time: 05:50 onwards,

Interior review:

1) Looks: The main thing noticed is the silver panel provided on the door carrying onto the whole dashboard (Similar to the Swift) whereas the older one had piano black inserts. The same silver finished is in the door pads and bottle holder. This is the point that has changed n the looks part rest all stand the same.

2) Seat adjustment (height): The fore-aft adjustment is seen in all cars but the beat has now been equipped with height adjustment.

Time: 07:00 Onwards,

1) Steering wheel (audio controls): this keeps the concentration on driving and enhances the comfort level overall.

2) Engine: Same as old

Time: 07:50 onwards,

This is the face-lifted version of the beat which displayed the 25.44 kmpl mileage proudly on the car, but, this is the highway mileage so reducing 2-3 kmpl off it for city mileage which turns out to be in range of 22 kmpl, it is the highest FE car in the small-car segment. This facelift is available in both petrol and diesel engines with the same 4 variants as the old beat have been carried over here. The price range has not been disclosed by GM till now but the older beat had the Ex-showroom price from 4.8 – 6 L so approximately 5 – 6.5 L is what you can expect the new beat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

My note:

On the recent news that is in the groove now, safety issue, none has been displayed on the car nor has it been spoken about in a review which indeed is sad. 25.44 kmpl is displayed proudly but no Airbags, ABS or anything related to occupant safety mentioned in any part of the car or review?!.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks