Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2011, 10:47   #1
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014

Quote:
Chevrolet will likely launch a face-lifted Beat in India soon. The new Beat looks similar to the current Beat, but there will some changes on the exterior that make it look even better, and some subtle changes in the interiors.

Looks and comfort
The new Beat bears a new bow-tie grille, slightly modified headlamps and taillamps. The facelifted Beat also gets new alloys and sporty rear spoiler with integrated LED brake lights (this may not appear on the Indian version, however). On the inside, the upcoming new Beat is expected to come with Bluetooth connectivity, an LCD screen, new plastic materials and optional cruise control.
Source: Full Article from DWS Auto

MODS: Searched for similar topic, but could not find it. Please merge this thread in case it already exists.
Attached Thumbnails
Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014-faceliftedchevroletbeatphoto.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 29th October 2011 at 15:01. Reason: Keeping fair usage practices in mind, it's best to only post an excerpt + link to full article
MAS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2011, 11:17   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Face-Lifted Chevy Beat

Those alloys look HOT ! And the new bumper looks slightly better too. I guess this facelift is already launched in Thailand or so?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 29th October 2011 at 11:19.
Old 29th October 2011, 22:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

They better add beige interior package at least as an option. The beat is well appointed but the dark interiors makes it so damn claustrophobic!!
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2011, 22:20   #4
BHPian

The grill is hideous. What's wrong with the current one? Also, please, get the Automatic here to the Indian market.
Old 29th October 2011, 23:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

I kinda like it, but also feel that the grill is stretched a bit far downwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
They better add beige interior package at least as an option. The beat is well appointed but the dark interiors makes it so damn claustrophobic!!
Please no beige interiors!! At least no beige on the dashboard. Its reflection on windshield will make it difficult to drive under sunlight!! Its quiet irritating at times at least in our Spark.

Dual tone will do

Last edited by HammerHead : 29th October 2011 at 23:49.
Old 30th October 2011, 00:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

The beat does not need any facelift. It is already a stunner.
It needs a slightly stiffer suspension, wider tyres and a more comfortable back seat.
And yes a funky interior shade too.
Old 30th October 2011, 10:01   #7
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 31st October 2011 at 16:30.
Games Goblin is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th October 2011, 10:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

The Beat is too young and fresh yet! It doesn't require a face-lift so soon. So I wish GM would wait for the Beat to age a little, understand what the customers really want to be improved, and then go ahead with a face lift
Old 30th October 2011, 10:35   #9
BHPian

The Alloys look very nice. But I doubt if this facelifted version will be launched soon, as chevy has just recently come out with the beat diesel. Changes to the styling so soon after a new launch may not happen. I would think that if there is a facelifted version it might be not before Q2 2012. However, if they come out with this soon, it will be gr8 to see this beauty on road.
Old 30th October 2011, 10:43   #10
Senior - BHPian

That car is a US only model. No facelift planned as of now.
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 13:35   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
That car is a US only model. No facelift planned as of now.
Absolutely Right.. Did anyone notice that there are no turn indicators on the fender which means that, this is not for India. This car was recently launched (3 weeks back) in US market.
Old 7th July 2012, 17:26   #12
MAS
Senior - BHPian

SCOOP: Chevy Beat - Face Lift Spotted in India

Guys,

This has always been my luck (don't know what to call it; good or bad). I finally decide to go ahead the Beat Diesel as i was disappointed with the Duster pricing. Voila, ICB brings out a scoop showing the face-lifted Chevy Beat testing in India.

Source: Chevrolet Beat facelift spotted testing; Team ICB goes a step ahead to deliver a render | IndianCarsBikes.in

Quote:
Long in the tooth, the Chevrolet Beat hatchback certainly isn’t. The radically styled hatchback with the love-me-hate-me design has in fact gone on to become the best seller in General Motors India’s portfolio, on the back of the 936cc, triple cylinder turbo diesel engine, which stakes the claim to be the most fuel efficient motor to ower Indian cars with a whopping 25+ ARAI certified KMPL. That said, all credit to GM India, who in a bid to keep the buzz around the Beat alive and kicking, has begun testing the facelifted version of the hatchback.
Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014-2012chevroletbeatfaceliftrender.jpg

Though this is not the actual 2013 Beat, the mid-life facelift makes the Beat an even more attractive car

Related Thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...nched-usa.html

Last edited by MAS : 7th July 2012 at 17:27.
Old 7th July 2012, 19:03   #13
Senior - BHPian

re: Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014

It looks to be photoshoped you can clearly make out while looking at the rear alloy

Last edited by manikjeet : 7th July 2012 at 19:04.
Old 7th July 2012, 19:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

The site does mention about a "speculative render of the 2012 Chevrolet Beat Facelift". Though the rendered face lift looks more towards a Ritz or i10.

I really did not like the American face-lift as it has made the car loose its sharp character. The design lines around the fog lamp has been lost. The new bumper does not match the subtle lines on the side profile. Just a bit of uplifting air dams was more than enough to avoid the front scrapping over bumps.

Last edited by thoma : 7th July 2012 at 19:41.
Old 7th July 2012, 20:00   #15
MAS
Senior - BHPian

My Bad. It is highly possible that it is a photoshop image. But some more images of the facelift have been spotted by Motor Vikatan

Look at the front air damp. The face lift has just one horizontal grill compared to the two in the current car.

Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014-2012chevroletbeatfaceliftspyshot2.jpg

Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014-chevy-beat-face-lift-2.jpg

Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014-2012chevroletbeatfaceliftspyshot1.jpg

Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014-chevy_beattcdi_02.jpg

Pictures courtesy: Motor Vikatan & GTO's Official Review.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks