Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2012, 21:15   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
I am sceptical about the video. Seems all 3 can do whatever the others can do. We don't know whether they were using similar tyres (e.g. MT vs/ AT or HT); also, I refuse to believe that a Fortuner or a Pajero Sport - in the hands of the right driver and using the right tyres - would struggle where the TrailBlazer would succeed (my reference: South African $X4 forums that have all 3 vehicles tested).

Question: what does it take to influence a Thai auto journalist?

P.S.: what is it with those strange noises anyway? Are they supposed to convey something?

P.S. 2: how do you think the Indian public would react when GM - who are aggressively marketing hatchbacks - tell the public that please buy my 25L+ OTR SUV that is the latest and greatest in that segment?
It's not really a comparison review. It looks like a event done for/by Chevrolet, to showcase the Trailblazer. Those captions are basically highlighting some of the features of the car (like traction control, hill hold assist etc.), and enhancing those by showing the competition in poor light. Just their way of promoting the product

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd October 2012 at 02:02. Reason: fixed quote tags :)
Old 1st October 2012, 21:26   #77
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet's all-new TrailBlazer SUV debuts. EDIT : Might come to India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
I am sceptical about the video. Seems all 3 can do whatever the others can do. We don't know whether they were using similar tyres (e.g. MT vs/ AT or HT); also, I refuse to believe that a Fortuner or a Pajero Sport - in the hands of the right driver and using the right tyres - would struggle where the TrailBlazer would succeed (my reference: South African $X4 forums that have all 3 vehicles tested).

Question: what does it take to influence a Thai auto journalist?

P.S.: what is it with those strange noises anyway? Are they supposed to convey something?

P.S. 2: how do you think the Indian public would react when GM - who are aggressively marketing hatchbacks - tell the public that please buy my 25L+ OTR SUV that is the latest and greatest in that segment?

Here is a link of the result of the comparo of the video link pasted earlier.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/auto/auto...size-suv-party

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd October 2012 at 01:58. Reason: fixed quote tags :)
220kmph is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 23:34   #78
BHPian

I wonder, is thai market bigger than India? Why do they get to taste every new model which may or may not come to India.
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:54   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220kmph View Post
Here is a link of the result of the comparo of the video link pasted earlier.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/auto/auto...size-suv-party
Thanks for sharing that link.

So, they show offroading videos and then list the cons of the Fortuner "dated interior and seating layout". So what's new about such typical articles?

P.S.: how does hill descent control help in the mud?
Old 2nd October 2012, 16:49   #80
BHPian

Trailblazer has a 2014 launch in the Indian market?

Well, that is what this link says - http://indianautosblog.com/2012/08/c...ims-2012-debut
Old 6th October 2012, 11:41   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
I wonder, is thai market bigger than India? Why do they get to taste every new model which may or may not come to India.
After US, Thailand is actually the largest market for pickup trucks and pickup derived SUVs. Therefore, Thailand tends to see the pickups and their derivatives (like Hilux -> Fortuner, Triton -> Pajero Sport, Ranger -> Endeavor et al.) a lot sooner than India.
sarthakgupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 12:05   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
After US, Thailand is actually the largest market for pickup trucks and pickup derived SUVs. Therefore, Thailand tends to see the pickups and their derivatives (like Hilux -> Fortuner, Triton -> Pajero Sport, Ranger -> Endeavor et al.) a lot sooner than India.
Would like to defer with you on this. I would think Australia is the second largest market for pickup trucks after US. In fact they are so popular there that they have a new genre for it, they are called ute's meaning Utility Vehicles.
Old 8th October 2012, 14:11   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Would like to defer with you on this. I would think Australia is the second largest market for pickup trucks after US. In fact they are so popular there that they have a new genre for it, they are called ute's meaning Utility Vehicles.
OT: AFAIK, Sarthakgupta is correct. Thailand is traditionally a huge market for pickup trucks and related SUVs. Probably around half of the total no. of cars sold there are of these genre. Australia is a big market for these trucks (or Ute as they call), but not as big as Thai market.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 14:30   #84
BHPian

Quote:
As the world's second largest manufacturer of pickup trucks, aided by punitive excise taxes on passenger cars, pickup trucks have long been extremely popular in Thailand: between 1987 and 1996, 58 percent of all cars sold in the country were pickup trucks.
Pickups are used extensively for shipping and transport, notably the converted songthaew (lit. "two-row") minibus that forms the backbone of public transportation in and between many smaller cities.
Thailand is also the world's second largest market for pickup trucks, after the United States; 490,000 pickups were sold there in 2005.
During 2011, despite the industry suffering from earthquake and tsunami in Japan and later followed by widespread severe flooding in Thailand, a total of 893,988 pickup trucks were manufactured in Thailand while domestic sales reached 328,219 units. Sales of the one-ton pickup trucks during the same year commanded 42% of the total market share. Toyota was the top pickup truck seller, having sold 121,888 units of the Hilux Vigo, followed by the Isuzu D-Max with 113,884 units in second place and Mitsubishi Triton in third place with 40,523 units
This is from wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickup_truck

If we search on Google, then also a number of sources claim that Thailand is the world's second largest pickup market.

One such link:http://www.autofieldguide.com/articl...ter-the-deluge
sarthakgupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 20:12   #85
BHPian

I read a few articles saying trailblazer will not be launched in India as it needs a bigger paint booth than what it has now and Chevrolet is not ready to invest on it. Is this true? Any inside info about its launch dates if it will be launched here?

I'm waiting for this truck as this could be the only comfortable and capable off-roader which also comes with a good auto box. It's alternative Fortuner doesn't have good ride quality and 4x4 doesn't come with auto box.
Old 8th February 2013, 18:15   #86
Senior - BHPian

Does this have a part time 4wd system or an all-wheel-drive drivetrain?
Old 10th February 2013, 08:36   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
I read a few articles saying trailblazer will not be launched in India as it needs a bigger paint booth than what it has now and Chevrolet is not ready to invest on it. Is this true? Any inside info about its launch dates if it will be launched here?
If I remember correctly, the painnt booth news had come directly from Chevy India themselves in an interview. Seems to be authentic!
Old 10th February 2013, 12:11   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
If it's a CKD/CBU, then this claim does NOT hold. So are they trying to make an excuse here? I do NOT understand their strategy, if this product can give a fair competition to Fortuner, then they should bring it to India. This can give the brand a boost.

Pricing will be the key for this vehicle as well, freaking loaded with a lesser price than Fortuner is the ONLY way it can compete with Fortuner & garner numbers. I think they should do the investment for their most expensive offering, if they are confident about the product.
Old 10th February 2013, 23:30   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Does this have a part time 4wd system or an all-wheel-drive drivetrain?
The TrailBlazer has a 4WD system with 4H,4L,2H,N,AUTO.It has an amazing ride but the horror story is the interiors.The Tata Xenons have better plastics.
Old 2nd June 2013, 11:00   #90
BHPian

Found a nice video in Youtube,

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd June 2013 at 11:06.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks