Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2013, 14:41   #91
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet's all-new TrailBlazer SUV debuts. EDIT : Might come to India!

Hi

Got this from Carnation a day ago. Is there any truth to this given that none of us have even seen or heard of any testing of the vehicle. I am doubtful that Carnation would be speaking about non India launch
http://www.carnation.in/new-cars/Del...uctNewUpcoming
Old 5th June 2013, 15:04   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Hi

Got this from Carnation a day ago. Is there any truth to this given that none of us have even seen or heard of any testing of the vehicle. I am doubtful that Carnation would be speaking about non India launch
http://www.carnation.in/new-cars/Del...uctNewUpcoming
The way GM has been launching new cars without much publicity, you may never know . Criteria is that car should be Chinese. Does Trailblazer fit that criteria ? I dont think so because this has been designed for markets like Brazil. I may be wrong here.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 18:44   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Criteria is that car should be Chinese. Does Trailblazer fit that criteria ? I dont think so because this has been designed for markets like Brazil. I may be wrong here.
Hey! I thought the condition is that they should be Korean (except for the current Sail, I think everything is 100% Korean) - I wish they bring some beauties they have in US down here. (I guess they don't have the RHD versions..)
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 20:02   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Hey! I thought the condition is that they should be Korean (except for the current Sail, I think everything is 100% Korean) - I wish they bring some beauties they have in US down here. (I guess they don't have the RHD versions..)
They started with Korean designs and now china. On a more serious note, at one point SAIC was holding good share of GM india and hence this Chinese influence(last year trials). From what i know GM has bought back majority of the stake now. So with that, lets hope the upcoming models are going to be their global models.
Old 5th June 2013, 20:10   #95
BHPian

Afaik Gm will continue selling cheap china cars as they know poor market share due to various reasons offsets costs associated with selling better quality cars.
Old 2nd February 2014, 11:01   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Chevrolet will be showcasing the Trailblazer at the Auto Expo on February 5th. Nothing official on India launch yet but reports are coming in for a last quarter-2014 launch, in the Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour bracket.

Quote:
It it has emerged that the Chevrolet Trailblazer India debut will happen on February 5, on the media-day of fast approaching Auto Expo 2014. Chevrolet India will showcase the Trailblazer alongside the Camaro ZL1.

Also coming our way at the Expo is the much anticipated Beat facelift.

Some believe that Chevrolet Trailblazer India launch could happen in last quarter of this year and while there is no official word on it, it is pretty much for sure that the famous SUV is headed our way.
SOURCE - http://www.motoroids.com/news/new-ch...uto-expo-2014/
Old 9th February 2015, 13:58   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Chevrolet to start its introducing its utility vehicles in India. It would start with introducing Spin to take on Maruti's Ertiga, Honda's Mobilio and upcoming Renault's Lodgy.

The second utility second will be the Trailblazer. This is a SUV that will compete against the Ford Endeavour and the Toyota Fortuner. This has three rows of seating for seven people and is about 4800mm long.

The Chevrolet Trailblazer will make its way into India in the second half of 2015 speculated to be in a 2.8 l diesel burner in 2 variants - a 5 speed manual transmission and a 6 speed automatic variant.

Quote:
The Trailblazer will be coming to India via CKD route from GM’s Thailand plant.

The Trailblazer gets the following safety features:

Electronic Stability Control
Anti-lock Braking System
Hydraulic Brake Assist
Traction Control
Dynamic Rear Brake Proportioning (first use of Rear Drive Brake in the market)
Electronic Brake-force Distribution
Panic Brake Assist
Engine Drag Control
Hill Descent Control
Driver and Occupant Air Bag Protection
http://motoroctane.com/news/8838-che...2015-exclusive
Old 16th February 2015, 16:35   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod Note: Our Trailblazer Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Finally some news from Chevrolet.

Chevrolet has announced that it will launch the Trailblazer SUV in second half of 2015 and the Spin MPV in 2016- A ladder-on-frame Trailblazer is said to be a proper seven-seater and more spacious than its rivals.

The Chevrolet Trailblazer is a full-blown SUV that will rival the likes of the Ford Endeavour, Hyundai Santa Fe, Mitsubishi Pajero Sport and the Toyota Fortuner.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ia-393408.aspx

Last edited by GTO : 21st October 2015 at 13:35. Reason: Linking to review :)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks