Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2019, 15:04   #16
BHPian

Re: Address change in Car Registration Documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
Hi, Wanted to check if you tried the Vahaan site to the address change. Have to get my car's RC updated with the new address in Bangalore. In case it can be done online now, will save a lot of my time (May be days) and avoid visiting the RTO in person.

Thanks
Darpan
You only pay the fees online.
We have to visit RTO in person to submit the documents (including the receipts generated online).

IMO, process is the same across all the states.

Last edited by Ashir : 22nd July 2019 at 15:05.
Ashir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 10:53   #17
BHPian

So my new car has been registered etc. but the address mentioned has a spelling mistake. Instead of "Salarpuria" it mentions "Salrpuia". Rest of the address is correct. The same is there in RC as well as the FastTag.
1. How do I change this? The same long drawn hassle of changing an address in an RC?
2. Also by date of birth is incorrect in the FastTag. Any idea how to change that? Required?
TIA

Last edited by ValarMorghulis : 7th November 2019 at 10:54. Reason: added Q2
Old 10th December 2021, 16:57   #18
BHPian

Does anyone know if the contactless Vahan/Sarathi services are working properly in Karnataka? As per KA Transport website, many services are contactless, however when I follow the steps for RC address change there is no option to upload the docs and the UI flow is not the same as the procedure guide given on their website.
varkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 08:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
... RC address change there is no option to upload the docs...

Same for Pune (MH12). I applied online for address change of my Bullet and paid fees. There was no place for document upload (even proof for new address). It says application is submitted successfully and process is faceless, no need to visit the RTO. I am confused!

-BJ
bj96 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 19:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Same for Pune (MH12). I applied online for address change of my Bullet and paid fees. There was no place for document upload (even proof for new address). It says application is submitted successfully and process is faceless, no need to visit the RTO. I am confused!

-BJ
So much for Faceless Applications, seems no less than a scam to thug us out especially in Bangalore. Paid up online, even uploaded necessary documents and waited a month for getting a status saying Fees cancelled. I think the Babu forgot to add ":", before the "D" in comments, to make a proper mockery for my foolishness of not paying the bribe instead. Vahan helpine/email is useless as well saying visit RTO.
Assuming I lost the 562 INR paid to the babus at KR Puram RTO. Any tips to recover the situation? Hate feeding the Govt and Babus, any more than we already feed them via taxes and duties.
Attached Thumbnails
Address change in Car Registration Documents-screenshot-20221017-194728.jpg  

Last edited by AppyS : 17th October 2022 at 19:52.
Old 6th November 2022, 13:49   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyS View Post
So much for Faceless Applications, seems no less than a scam to thug us out
Update: It was indeed a scam experience for me and net loss of Rs 562 odd. Per the Parivahan Website/Vahan Helpline (who happen to be utterly useless apart from guiding you navigating the website or handing out contacts that don't respond) -> Faceless applications can be routed to any RTO in state and responsibility lies with that RTO to process it. In my unlucky case the System sent my application intended for KA53 RTO to KA23 with no ways to undo this. KA 23 is 600Km from my place and unreachable on phone or email and have cancelled the application fees thus free feeding the money to Karnataka Govt. KA53 RTO seemed friendly upon approaching, but declined to help unless a new application with fresh fees is submitted, i.e. no way to get a refund or redirect same fees with hardcopy request. Karnataka Transport helpline email or telephone didn't respond either. After emailing them umpteen times and chasing the helpline who keep saying, Sorry cant help, go to KA23 I am now giving up eventually.

TLDR: Don't be scared of the RTO process and fall for online convenience, go in person to the RTO for these things and save yourself the trouble and losses.
AppyS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 15:08   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Same for Pune (MH12).... It says application is submitted successfully and process is faceless, no need to visit the RTO. I am confused!

-BJ
Did your application get processed?

Quote:
So much for Faceless Applications, seems no less than a scam to thug us out especially in Bangalore. Paid up online, even uploaded necessary documents and waited a month for getting a status saying Fees cancelled.
Quote:
Faceless applications can be routed to any RTO in state and responsibility lies with that RTO to process it.
I submitted an application today, and looks like they have added couple of warning messages on how to ensure the application is processed as faceless.

So it appears for the application to be processed faceless in KA, one must choose Aadhaar authentication. When I was trying this couple of months back, the authentication mode selection screen itself wasn't visible and by default was processed under Mobile OTP which is not faceless. Once you select Aadhaar authentication, enter your VID/Aadhaar and complete the OTP verification. At this point if you select "Change of Address", the address as updated in Aadhaar is automatically filled (and not editable), but there is a field to tweak it in case you need it printed on the RC slightly differently.

Address change in Car Registration Documents-screenshot-20221121-2.03.04-pm.pngAddress change in Car Registration Documents-screenshot-20221121-2.04.38-pm.png

After that you need to confirm the details and make the payment. Majority of the times, post payment you get redirected to the Vahan home page, and you need to re-verify the payment through the portal for the payment status to be updated. After this the application gets forwarded to the RTO, and the receipt has a clear message that I need not visit the RTO.

Address change in Car Registration Documents-screenshot-20221121-2.05.56-pm.pngAddress change in Car Registration Documents-screenshot-20221121-2.15.53-pm.png

Regarding the RTO, there is a drop down field where you can select the RTO to which the application need to be submitted. Perhaps there was a bug in the site earlier which forwarded to a different RTO. Today I was able to the see the drop down, and selected the closest RTO to my present address (different from the registered RTO).

Also, when I check the application status, it says "Authentication Type" as "Aadhaar OTP", which might indicate that it's being processed faceless. Anyway will keep the thread updated with my progress.

Last edited by varkey : 21st November 2022 at 15:13.
varkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 16:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Did your application get processed?...

You are correct, these options weren't there when I submitted in September, the authentication I did was still Aadhaar OTP. After n number of chases someone approved the address change this month, however doesn't seem I will get the printed RC card. I downloaded it from the site and it shows my current address with a small typo . I have had it with transport dept, no more indulging them now on and I will leave this as it is.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th November 2023 at 22:54. Reason: Trimmed quote and fixed some typos.
AppyS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 11:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

How much time does it take to get the address change done on the RC of BH registration through Parivahan website using Aadhar authentication? Does the new updated RC dispatched to the Aadhar address?

I am aware of the horrendous time taken by the RTO people for my BH registration certificate. Hope things must have improved in the process atleast.
Old 24th November 2023, 21:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
You are correct, these options weren't there when I submitted in September, the authentication I did was still aadhar otp. After n number of chases someone approved the address change this month, however doesn't seem I will get the printed rc card. I downloaded it from the site and it shows my current address with a small typo . I have had it with transport dept, no more indulging them now on and I will leave this as it is.
I have submitted my application online for address change using Adhar OTP, all went fine while submitting application, made the payment and got the application number.
It was redirected to correct RTO KA-51

I did this on 22-September-2023 and from the day one status show "Pending at CA-Verification".
Looks I need to followup with RTO office. It's not a faceless service, or am missing something.
Attached Thumbnails
Address change in Car Registration Documents-rtoack.jpg  

Last edited by kavu75 : 24th November 2023 at 22:01.
Old 27th November 2023, 08:36   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
I have submitted my application online for address change using Adhar OTP, all went fine while submitting application, made the payment and got the application number.
It was redirected to correct RTO KA-51

I did this on 22-September-2023 and from the day one status show "Pending at CA-Verification".
Looks I need to followup with RTO office. It's not a faceless service, or am missing something.
Hang in there, and sit tight. What happened with me, is that they sent the application to random RTO, and these non local RTOs may take their own sweet time processing this. It will take a few months but if all supporting documents are correct, this will get processed automatically. Only issue I faced is that they never sent the hard copy after processing the address change, despite having charged for it. Chases to RTO, Transport department or M-parivahan all were futile in the waiting period. In your case it has gone to the correct RTO, so in a few months you may go and chase but again they may ask for money. Let it sit like this, you don't need to do anything as far as I experienced with weird application status like these.
AppyS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 17:35   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Hang in there, and sit tight.
Thanks for the advice. After submitting my application I didn't do any followup with RTO and after posting above message I didn't check the status even in parivahan.
All in a sudden, today I got a SMS from vaahan saying my RC card was dispatched with a speed post tracking number.
Verified in digi locker and it's reflecting my updated address.
All good, at last it's a faceless service.

Last edited by kavu75 : 14th March 2024 at 17:36.
kavu75 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 22:34   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Thanks for the advice. After submitting my application I didn't do any followup with RTO and after posting above message I didn't check the status even in parivahan.
All in a sudden, today I got a SMS from vaahan saying my RC card was dispatched with a speed post tracking number.
Verified in digi locker and it's reflecting my updated address.
All good, at last it's a faceless service.
It is indeed faceless, but it seems the RTO folks like to see our faces, thus the delay in each step. It took a month before I got my RC at hand after getting a similar SMS with tracking number. The tracking number never worked and when I got the speed post, it had a different one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks