Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2023, 12:05   #226
BHPian

Re: How to renew driving license issued in other state?

My Delhi license renewal is stuck at

APPROVAL OF ENDORSEMENTS ON DL

since 29 Nov and today is 10 Dec.

Is this usual? If yes, how much more time will it take to proceed?

If no, should I consider raising a complaint on PGPortal?
Mohitkumaar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 18:55   #227
BHPian

Need help!

I have two licenses, one for the car and the other for two wheeler. Both are from chennai, but two different addresses. The bike license has expired and the parivahan website refuses to recognize my bike license number regardless of how i enter it. Problem no 2, is I am told one person cannot have two licenses, even if it is for two classes of vehicles. Problem 3, I live in Bangalore!

Is it ok to just renew my bike license in Bangalore or is it time I combined both car and bike to a single license, in bangalore? And how do I do that please, considering bike license is expired but car is valid for another 2 years.
Old 15th January 2024, 19:03   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
My Delhi license renewal is stuck at

APPROVAL OF ENDORSEMENTS ON DL

since 29 Nov and today is 10 Dec.

Is this usual? If yes, how much more time will it take to proceed?

If no, should I consider raising a complaint on PGPortal?
My DL was expiring on 31st Dec 2023. The address mentioned was of Kolkata. Presently I am based at Delhi. In the month of August 23, I first applied for address change, the entire process was smooth and the updated DL came to my postal address in 15 days. Once that came, I applied for renewal. That took one and a half month to come. I kept checking the status on the portal, it seems to have got stuck somewhere. Dropped 3 mails on the helpdesk - eventually it came. So here - patience is the name of the game.
Old 17th January 2024, 10:00   #229
BHPian

Agree, patience pays!
My license got delivered yesterday only!
Old 24th February 2024, 13:38   #230
BHPian

My Delhi Driving license just got expired yesterday and its an old paper one. So details are not updated online. As i am in Bangalore now thinking what would be the next steps to get the renewal done locally. As the existing license has expired , there is a 30 days grace period which would be there for renewal. But the details are not updated online. Looking for recommendations and best way out here, closest RTO near my place is HSR Layout .
Old 1st March 2024, 15:22   #231
BHPian

My DL was due for renewal in second week of April, when I turn 60. I am presently residing in Goa while my DL was issued in Karnataka over 3 decades ago. So the new DL has to be from Goa state and thus address change was also needed.

I opted to get the process started well in advance and last week walked in at the local RTO and collected the 3 forms.

Form No 2 (DL renewal application form),
Form 1 (Physical fitness declaration) &
Form 1A (Medical certificate).

Documents attached: Aadhaar Card copy, Election Card copy both with present Goa residence address & the existing DL (original)

Filled the forms, got the medical certificate from a local doctor and submitted the same at the RTO office counter.

They collected my old DL and asked me to come after 8 days (probably to get NOC from Karnataka RTO). I visited the local RTO after 8 days and was asked to pay the Fee at the counter

Total amount payable was Rs 880. The break-up is as follows:

Renewal of DL :Rs 200
Change of DL address: Rs 200
Altered DL Photo: Rs 200
Form 7 fee: Rs 200
Processing fee: Rs 80

After few payment I was directed to a room to get my new photo clicked on a computer and thereafter I got the receipt of the payment and was told that the DL will arrive by post at my home.

The payment, photo etc was done on 28th Feb 2024 (i.e day before yesterday) and today morning I got a message that my new DL is processed and ready and valid from 01st Match 2024 to 28th Feb 2029 (5 years). It took just one day for the DL processing here in Goa.

Now the question is my earlier DL was valid till mid April and the new DL validity starts from today, 01st March 24 to 28th Feb 29. Now, am I not loosing that 1.5 month validity on my earlier DL? Shouldn't they issue the validity from the expiry date of the present DL?

I remember that even if you renew your vehicle insurance or your health insurance a month or two earlier to expiry date, the new insurance policy validity commences at the expiry of the present policy. Should it not be similar to that way?

Ofcourse I can live with that. On second thought, if I had started the DL renewal process in Mid April, I would have probably extended 40-45 days validity in my new DL.

I was under the assumption that the RTO will take 30-45 days to issue a new DL (new address and different state too). However it happened very quickly and in 24 hours after the fee payment, my New DL is processed and issued and is already reflecting in Vahan portal with new details.

However the DL number remains the same as the earlier one. I believed that the DL number would change with a different state and different address, but that was not to be. I wasn't aware of it. Anyways I am pretty impressed at the speed at which this whole DL renewal was processed.

Last edited by ashkamath : 1st March 2024 at 15:27. Reason: Added some more relevant information
Old 18th March 2024, 12:30   #232
BHPian

Renewing a Telangana DL in Karnataka

I have a DL issued by Hyderabad-Central RTO, TELANGANA (TS-09) which is due for renewal in May 2024 ( I am a senior citizen, so I have to renew my DL every five years). I got my first DL from the same RTO (which was then undivided AP) in 1977 and it has been renewed there ever since because my address was the same all these years.

Four years ago, I shifted to Mysore, Karnataka and my Aadhar now has the Mysore address. After reading some of the 'success stories' of inter-state DL renewal in this forum, I decided to get my DL renewed in Mysore.

I approached an Agent in Mysore (KA-09) and he first said it can be renewed here, no problem. But when his staff tried to check the License on the Parivahan site, it did not show up. Then the Agent said I can renew the DL in Mysore only if it shows up on Parivahan. Otherwise, I have to apply for a fresh DL in Mysore and go through the formalities like driving test.

I am able to see details of my DL on the RTA-mWallet App of Telangana Govt. I logged into the Parivahan site, but in the drop down box for States, there is no Telangana. Despite several tries, I was unable to pull up my DL information on Parivahan.

I then called an Agent whom I know in Hyderabad and he said the Telangana Govt has not given access to the Parivahan site to their database (for what reason he does not know). He suggested I renew it in Hyderabad itself. I don't know if this is true. Undivided AP was one of the first states to computerize the DL and Vehicle information. So it seems strange that this information in not available in the Parivahan site.

Is there anyway I can get my DL data updated in the Parivahan site?

Has anyone managed to renew their DL issued in Telangana in KA or another state? If yes, please let me know the procedure.

If I am unable to renew my DL here in Mysore, I have to go to Hyderabad only to renew my DL, that too in peak summer, which I don't want to do. Also, if they need address proof, I can give them my old Aadhar with Hyderabad address, but if they check the Aadhar details online, then it will show my Mysore address.

I am thinking - what if I simply let my old Telangana DL lapse and apply for a fresh DL in Mysore, do I lose anything? The fact that I have held a DL for 45 years will be lost, but does this have any value at all?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks