Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2019, 12:59   #121
Team-BHP Support

Re: How to renew driving license issued in other state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby_4c View Post
A question to all who have got NOC for DL - do they send the NOC to the DL address or the address we request to or in person ?
Where do you get the form for driver license NOC? I have been searching and I can only find NOC form for vehicle registration.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 02:03   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Where do you get the form for driver license NOC? I have been searching and I can only find NOC form for vehicle registration.
I haven't found it in the Vahan website or KA RTO site. I assumed I have to go to the RTO office physically.
Old 31st March 2019, 16:11   #123
BHPian

I am able to find the NOC option for driving license as I'm trying to get my License address moved from Coimbatore (TN) to Bangalore (KA). My driving license details are also showing up in parivahan portal, but not sure whether to proceed or not, as It doesn't clearly tell whether a visit to RTO Coimbatore is mandatory?
Any first hand experience on this?
Old 31st March 2019, 19:37   #124
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this is already implemented? They were to issue a notification to not ask for Physical NOC from issuing state for DL transsfer between states.

Knowing these guys, Im sure it will take another year to be implemented. They take pleasure in making people waste valuable time and run from pillar to post and fuel the ever growing stomachs of the fat and highly corrupt RTO officials and middlemen.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/68193147.cms
Old 22nd April 2019, 13:43   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
On asking how many days it will take for the DL to be renewed, the curt reply was that '40 days'.

So, that was a nice pleasant experience, except for the RTO Office location goof up and the scan/upload delays.

On the VAHAN portal my application is pending document verification as of now. Waiting for the updates. Will keep this thread updated once I receive my new DL.

Let me know if there are any queries. Will be happy to answer to the extend I can.
Quick update:
Exactly on the the 90th day after my application was submitted, I got an update on the portal that my application is approved and DL is in printing.

And, on 2nd April, coincidentally the night of which I was traveling out on work, I got the self-addressed cover with my smart card license inside. That helped me to rent a car and drive while traveling. So, a happy ending to a long story and very long waiting.

The license is now renewed for 5 years.

Regards
Rex
Old 26th July 2019, 09:19   #126
BHPian

Guys, need some help.

Original valid license is issued in Delhi ( non chip based )
Residence is at Gurgaon

How to go about it ?
Should I apply for new license on Saarthi portal ?
Procedure to transfer the license ?
Or just wait for few more years till Delhi license expires, and then apply for new one in Gurgaon ?
Old 26th July 2019, 15:11   #127
BANNED

I think the NOC has been done away with. With Aadhar authentication it is no longer required.
Old 25th September 2019, 11:42   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Cross posting here for better visibility:

My license is in Chennai. I reside in bangalore. At present in a rental accommodation. Next year, will be moving to a permanent residence in bangalore.

Does it make sense to renew the license in chennai now, and then apply for an address change with the new permanent bangalore address next year? OR

Does it make sense to change it right now to Bangalore, with the rental address as proof of residence, and then change the address again next year when i move?

What is your advice?
Old 25th September 2019, 12:35   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
What is your advice?
Assuming driving license is due for renewal now, renew it wherever you have valid address proof (Chennai/BLR).
Change of address within BLR is anyway for future, perhaps do it while buying your next bike; naya ghar, naya gaadi, badhiya hai .
sukiwa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 16:38   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,

Do we need physical noc for address change between cities?

My license is up for renewal as well, but i am seriously considering getting the address changed first and then applying for a renewal back home in bangalore for keeps.
Old 29th October 2019, 12:13   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Guys,

Do we need physical noc for address change between cities?

My license is up for renewal as well, but i am seriously considering getting the address changed first and then applying for a renewal back home in bangalore for keeps.

I am in the same boat and my license is expiring in December. My license is from Chandigarh and looking to renew now in Bangalore . Went to KA-51(Electronic city ) RTO a couple of days back to inquire about the process. Checked if they can accept acknowledgement for Request for NOC to Chandigarh RTO, which they politely declined. Instead they asked me to get the license details to be updated online by Chandigarh RTO. They told me that there is no offline process, we have to apply for renewal and submit all documents online. They even told me that Chandigarh RTO will have to update my license details online as paper NOC is no more accepted.

I have sent emails to Chandigarh RTO now, but as expected no response from them yet. Will keep you all updated on what goes on from here.
Old 14th November 2019, 23:20   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mun1shk View Post
I am in the same boat and my license is expiring in December. My license is from Chandigarh and looking to renew now in Bangalore . Went to KA-51(Electronic city ) RTO a couple of days back to inquire about the process. Checked if they can accept acknowledgement for Request for NOC to Chandigarh RTO, which they politely declined. Instead they asked me to get the license details to be updated online by Chandigarh RTO. They told me that there is no offline process, we have to apply for renewal and submit all documents online. They even told me that Chandigarh RTO will have to update my license details online as paper NOC is no more accepted.

I have sent emails to Chandigarh RTO now, but as expected no response from them yet. Will keep you all updated on what goes on from here.

Got an update. My emails to Chandigarh RTO didn't work. I sent an self signed application to my Father in Chandigarh and He submitted it in RTO. They duly completed the entry online in sarathi.parivahan.gov.in. Whole process took about an hour. Now, I am in the process of applying it online. NOC shouldn't be required as renewal application has been accepted with address change request. Hopefully will go to KA51 RTO tomorrow or on Monday and check if there are any more hurdles.
Old 18th November 2019, 17:49   #133
BHPian

I was able to submit my documents today at RTO Electronic city ( KA51). So here's the complete process in detail. Overall process would remain the same for all RTOs, but room numbers I have mentioned are very specific to KA51 (Electronic city RTO)

Those who are here to check whether NOC is required. The answer is NO. In now online process NOC is not required for change of city/state.

All steps, after you have filled in the online application and uploaded the required documents.

1. If you have made the fee payment online and the payment went through, you need to go to Room No. 4 (Superintendent office). The lady there will verify your documents and sign it.
In case online fee payment failed for any reason, like in my case, you have to go to Room No 1, RTO Officer. He will have it cancelled in online system. Post that you need to go to Room 4 to get documents verified and then at Cash counter (third window from left if you face the cash counters) to make payment.

2. Once payment and application scrutiny is done, one needs to go to Room 1, RTO officer will verify and sign on your application.

3. After, RTO signature, again Room 4 to submit your application for processing. They will issue a paper slip (which will serve as acknowledgement and your license till you get it in mail)

4. After that, Proceed to biometrics, Room 8 on first floor. they will take your digital signatures and picture. Submit Rs. 60 as smart card fee, Take receipt and go back to Room 4 to hand over that slip.

After handing over the slip, you are done.

Overall process can take around 2-3 hours depending upon the rush. I was the first one to reach RTO but it took time since my online payment wasn't successful. Their sever was down and RTO couldn't cancel my online payment request. I waited for about 2 hours but it didn't work. Came back home, I tried my luck in the evening. Reached around 4:15 & was out before 5. RTO Staff was very helpful since they had seen me waiting in the morning. They helped a lot later in the day.

Things to carry:
Original DL
A zip lock bag, your old license will go in this small bag
A self addressed, postal stamped (Rs. 18) envelope
Form 9 (filled)
Medical Certificate both Form 1 & Form 1A
Online acknowledgement, a copy of your address proof (which you have submitted online)
A file cover

I have been told that I will receive the license in 30 working days.
Hope this helps.
mun1shk is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 13:33   #134
BHPian

Some more information on the DL process,

One week after I applied for DL renewal, I needed to apply for IDP (International Driving Permit) for an upcoming overseas vacations. I went to parivahan website to check if I can apply with DL renewal in process. It allowed me to add an additional service of IDP to existing application. I submitted all documents online & went to submit hard copy of documents to RTO. To my surprise, RTO didn't accept the documents. IDP is issued only if you have a license from a local address. Other state licenses need to complete renewal or change of address (as needed) and then apply for IDP.

Officer there suggested me to withdraw IDP service and I did. But it caused issues with my DL renewal application. Despite service withdrawal, It showed payment pending for IDP. After writing to sarathi helpdesk and awaiting their reply, I finally went ahead and tried to submit fee at RTO. When cashier tried to generate receipt, Software tell them that Fee already paid. No additional payment required. But to the officer who had to scrutiny my application online, it showed Fee payment pending. I was suggested to cancel the entire application. After one week of discussions with their support and staff, I had to cancel my application and reapply for DL renewal and change of address.

There are a few bugs in the parivahan website workflow and because of it I had to submit a new application. No way to reach out to their tech team and get your issues resolved. Their help desk is of no use. They don't bother to read the entire problem. Worst part is that for the same service I had to pay twice. No refunds whatsoever.

So, bottom line is that until these bugs are ironed out, don't apply for additional services with Change of address and DL renewal. Let that complete and then apply for additional services in a new application.
mun1shk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 04:49   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mun1shk View Post
Those who are here to check whether NOC is required. The answer is NO. In now online process NOC is not required for change of city/state.
My driving license was issued outside KA & it is not updated in the sarathi portal. In this case can I approach KA 51 RTO directly and submit application for renewal ?

Last edited by vivek.ks : 20th December 2019 at 04:56.

Most Viewed