Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2020, 02:59   #136
BHPian

Re: How to renew driving license issued in other state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
My driving license was issued outside KA & it is not updated in the sarathi portal. In this case can I approach KA 51 RTO directly and submit application for renewal ?
Just noticed your post, You need to get it updated from the state/RTO where the license was issued. KA51 RTO will not update it online.

Ideally your license details should be available in sarathi portal, as there was a directive to all RTOs to update the same online. Please ensure that you try all available formats to figure it out while searching.

In case its not available, you can request any of your friend/relative in your native place to get it updated online. I had to send an email to my Dad along with a copy of my license and my Dad submitted that email/application to RTO and it was updated on the same day.

Hope this helps & a Happy new year !!!
Old 29th March 2020, 16:25   #137
BHPian

Guys have a problem:

Spouse has a DL issued in UP32 expiring on 02-April-2020. We have been trying to get it renewed and address changed to KA53 where we are residing.

Unfortunately there seems to be some issue as we do not progress if we initiate the request starting from the UP Portal as it says "Application can be done in RTO where person is presently residing".

However applying from Karnataka portal we do not see UP or even KA53 (a lot of other KA RTOs appear in drop down though) in the drop down to proceed.

Is there anyone who has attempted/successfully completed this and can guide? We're running out of time due to the prevalent situation...
Old 26th April 2020, 14:53   #138
BHPian

Time to renew by two-wheeler license and I'm facing the same issue. It was issued from KA03. I entered all the details, and could fetch the DL details correctly.

Now, when I've to choose state and RTO, after choosing Karnataka, I don't find KA03 (Bangalore East - Kasturi Nagar) in the list of RTOs. Any idea what's up?
I don't find KA53 (KR Puram - Whitefield) too.

Regards
Rex

How to renew driving license issued in other state?-kasturi.png

While we are on it, for those who are worried about their licenses/other docs expiring during lock down, unable to get out to get the renewal done and missed to notice this ...

(vehicle documents like driving license renewal extension due to lock down)
How to renew driving license issued in other state?-dlrenewalextension.jpg

Last edited by rex_varghese : 26th April 2020 at 15:12. Reason: Addition information related to original post.
rex_varghese is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 17:43   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
I am able to find the NOC option for driving license as I'm trying to get my License address moved from Coimbatore (TN) to Bangalore (KA). My driving license details are also showing up in parivahan portal, but not sure whether to proceed or not, as It doesn't clearly tell whether a visit to RTO Coimbatore is mandatory?
Any first hand experience on this?
Any idea of how did u proceed and the steps involved. Pls suggest.
Old 9th June 2020, 19:00   #140
BHPian

I had a recently got my HR license renewed in Bangalore.
No NOC is required. Directly visit the Bangalore RTO.
Old 9th June 2020, 23:23   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalaks2000 View Post
Any idea of how did u proceed and the steps involved. Pls suggest.
I had to visit RTO Coimbatore in person and apply for NOC (along with Bangalore address proof etc, as NOC is from one RTO to another specific RTO) which was issued 2 days later. I then filed for a change of address in RTO Jaya Nagar, Bangalore and got a new smart card. Seamless and straight forward as long as we are ready to spend some time on it. Agent options are always there to fast track this process.
Old 12th June 2020, 14:23   #142
BHPian

I have my licence from KL32 address. It is going to expire on 18 July 2020. I applied for renewal yesterday using the Parivahan website under TN38 RTO.

Documents like self declaration for eyes/health, TN38 address proof and licence are uploaded. Fee payment is also made. But I am stuck with the time slot booking. Till Today (12th June) the slots are not available. 13th and 14th are holidays being weekends. But for next week the slots are not yet opened for booking.

Anyone has idea when the slots will be open and till what time the slots will be open. Please suggest. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
I had to visit RTO Coimbatore in person and apply for NOC
Strange! Parivahan website does not talk about any NOC. Is this even valid for TN38 RTO where I have license from KL32 RTO.

Last edited by deemash : 12th June 2020 at 14:27.
Old 27th July 2020, 16:28   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mun1shk View Post

Things to carry:
Original DL
A zip lock bag, your old license will go in this small bag
A self addressed, postal stamped (Rs. 18) envelope
Form 9 (filled)
Medical Certificate both Form 1 & Form 1A
Online acknowledgement, a copy of your address proof (which you have submitted online)
A file cover

Thank you. This was very helpful.

I am not sure if it was available earlier, but now you have to take an online appointment through the system itself. I took a 2 PM appointment and nobody was there till around 3 PM. Recommend to book a later slot rather than booking at 2 PM and waiting.

Also, in my case, Room 4 asked to provide online fees paid receipt and appointment printout. They returned back Form 9 which means that it is not required.

Although RTO website and online application procedure is a bit confusing, its a major relief that you can do things your own without taking help from agents for RTO services. Significant blessing for me was they didn't require a NOC from previous RTO which is from other state.

I have an excellent opinion about Chennai South RTO who added my license to Vahan system just by a couple of direct phone calls and e-mail with details. Glad to see that our govt. departments are helping citizens genuinely
Old 12th August 2020, 11:45   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
Time to renew by two-wheeler license and I'm facing the same issue. It was issued from KA03. I entered all the details, and could fetch the DL details correctly.

Now, when I've to choose state and RTO, after choosing Karnataka, I don't find KA03 (Bangalore East - Kasturi Nagar) in the list of RTOs. Any idea what's up?
I don't find KA53 (KR Puram - Whitefield) too.

Regards
Rex
Not sure if you've already renewed it, but KA03 and KA53 are both now available in Parivahan website.
sabby_4c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 23:51   #145
BHPian

Hi people, need help on this :

My current DL is a paper-card (laminated) type, issued by Assam state (when I was there for an year in 2008). Now that I am no longer there, wanted to get address changed, and also get the plastic card type one. I searched for my DL details online with my DL no. but it said 'details not found' (don't remember exact wordings but this is what that meant). Basically my DL could not be found in the database itself.

Can I get my old Assam DL decertified/ cancelled and directly appear for the test here in Bangalore and get the new chip type DL? Can one give test directly without taking classes (since in my case I already hold DL). Is the test even required since I already hold DL?

It feels so embarrassing to take out the old fashion DL from the wallet .
Old 17th August 2020, 02:37   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameis View Post
Hi people, need help on this :

My current DL is a paper-card (laminated) type, issued by Assam state (when I was there for an year in 2008). Now that I am no longer there, wanted to get address changed, and also get the plastic card type one. I searched for my DL details online with my DL no. but it said 'details not found' (don't remember exact wordings but this is what that meant). Basically my DL could not be found in the database itself.

Can I get my old Assam DL decertified/ cancelled and directly appear for the test here in Bangalore and get the new chip type DL? Can one give test directly without taking classes (since in my case I already hold DL). Is the test even required since I already hold
Your case is just as similar to mine. I have the same issued from Guwahati and just as yours, my data is also unavailable online since it was not uploaded into the server. Mine is also a 20 year old license and to renew that, I have to be physically present at the concerned DTO which issued the license and get my biometrics and photograph uploaded into the server. Only thing, I don’t stay in Guwahati anymore!

There is no way to transfer a manual license that’s not updated in the server and unfortunately you will have to get a new license from your new place. But yes, if you manage to get your details uploaded into the online database, then it can be transferred without much of an issue. If you want a new one, I am afraid you will have to go through the test from the scratch i.e right from the LL stage.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 14:05   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby_4c View Post
Not sure if you've already renewed it, but KA03 and KA53 are both now available in Parivahan website.
Thanks, @sabby_4c. I tried later and did the process half the way. Pending steps are medical certificate and doc upload. Then, I heard about validity extension till 31/Dec. So, currently on hold.

Regards
Rex
Old 12th December 2020, 20:16   #148
BHPian

Hello Friends

Looking for your help here to know what is the best way to proceed with my DL renewal. DL was issued in AP hyderabad and its a chip based DL. In Sarathi site tried with various options but it says DL data is not available in central database. Tried contacting someone in hyderabad to get the data uploaded but it seems they are not aware of this process and say that they can get NOC issued with which i need to apply in Bangalore.

kindly suggest if you know what is the right way to proceed in this case.
Old 8th February 2021, 15:23   #149
BHPian

Hello folks,

My DL is up for renewal soon. My current DL number issued in 2001 in TN is only 4 digits long: F/TN/010/XXXX/2001. Does anyone know what magic combination needs to be entered in the parivahan website? I followed the instructions and tried all the formats of TN10/2001/000XXXX (essentially made it a 7 digit number) but the website can't seem to find my record.
Attached Thumbnails
How to renew driving license issued in other state?-screenshot.png  

Old 8th February 2021, 17:06   #150
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisravi View Post
Does anyone know what magic combination needs to be entered in the parivahan website?
MY paper DL number was: RJ-14/DLC/07/XXXXXX

What worked: RJ14 20070XXXXXX
  • Removed hyphens and slashes
  • Removed DLC
  • 07 got converted to 2007
  • prefixed a 0 before the 6-digit license number (to make it 7-digit OR to make the whole thing 16 digit long {with space after RJ14} OR 15 digit long {if written without space})

so just pre-fix zeroes before your 4-digit serial number to make the whole thing 15 digit long. So you seem to have done the right thing. You can ask an agent for help. Sometimes they have to do something at the back-end to help you enable the online services as per the new format of DL number.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks