Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2021, 13:36   #181
BHPian

Re: How to renew driving license issued in other state?

ftp1234: I don't think name is of consequence here if you don't plan to use the DL as a ID proof. Despite only applying for renewal and address change, they have goofed up my name. Instead of simply carrying it forward from the previous license, now only my first name shows up under Name and my last name has been put under Father's name.

I now roam around like celebrities like Madonna who only go by a single name.

Apply normally without a name change. It should work seamlessly. You wouldn't spend more than 30 min at the RTO.
anandavinash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 19:16   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
How to follow this up?
Been almost 2 months now.
Did you get the license finally? Did you have to visit the RTO for Scrutiny? Just curious, my appointment is next week. Fingers crossed
Old 18th September 2021, 19:35   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandavinash View Post
ftp1234: I don't think name is of consequence here if you don't plan to use the DL as a ID proof. Despite only applying for renewal and address change, they have goofed up my name. Instead of simply carrying it forward from the previous license, now only my first name shows up under Name and my last name has been put under Father's name.

I now roam around like celebrities like Madonna who only go by a single name.

Apply normally without a name change. It should work seamlessly. You wouldn't spend more than 30 min at the RTO.
Thanks anandavinash. My appointment is on Monday at HSR RTO (erstwhile Koramangala RTO) Quick question. Since we submit our old DL, until we get the new DL, what do we show the police, if caught? Does the RTO stamp any acknowledgement and give back?
Old 19th September 2021, 06:59   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftp1234 View Post
Thanks anandavinash. My appointment is on Monday at HSR RTO (erstwhile Koramangala RTO) Quick question. Since we submit our old DL, until we get the new DL, what do we show the police, if caught? Does the RTO stamp any acknowledgement and give back?
I had taken a copy of it and also had a copy (for a short while) on DigiLocker. This along with the receipt given by the RTO is enough. I believe you need to take two copies of the application acknowledgement. They will stamp one and give it back. If not, the SMS will also work.
anandavinash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 10:51   #185

Hi,
Has anyone here gotten their driving license renewed in Madhya Pradesh (Original license from other state). Thanks.
Old 20th September 2021, 16:30   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandavinash View Post
I had taken a copy of it and also had a copy (for a short while) on DigiLocker. This along with the receipt given by the RTO is enough. I believe you need to take two copies of the application acknowledgement. They will stamp one and give it back. If not, the SMS will also work.
I just went to KA-01 HSR RTO for my MH03 Booklet license renewal. The process was as you had described.
1. There is only 1 slot daily 14:30 - 15:30 for DL services there
2. I purchased a self-stamped envelope from outside and arranged all documents as mentioned in your earlier post in the thread.
3. First it was Room 5 (right side after entering RTO on ground floor) where superintendent lady was verifying everyone's documents (line started moving at 14:40). Her assistant was helping her out. He saw my out-of-state license and asked me to stand aside. I told him that entry is there online and I have appointment. The lady then checked my documents and said everything looks ok, and asked me to go to Room 1 (ARTO officer) as higher authority has to approve. For everyone else, they were asked to stand in line in front of Room 2 (photo)
4. I waited patiently for 40 minutes there as the ARTO officer was not there. In the meantime, his deputies kept bringing other people's forms (from superintendent's office to him).
5. ARTO arrived at 15:20 and quickly signed everyone's forms and one deputy started handing over the forms by calling names of people standing in line for Room 2. Finally I was called in.
6. He fumed at me seeing booklet license. And said I should go to my home state RTO. I told him politely that I live in Karnataka since 10 years now and I do not have Maharashtra address proof. I told him that I went to home RTO (actually I had emailed), and they said since I don't have MH address, they just added the entry online and asked me to renew in Bangalore RTO. He then scrutinised every page of my application, and did not seem to find any discrepancy there. I had attached my Aadhaar and Voter Id as address proof. He then told me why I did not convert to smart card, I should know better, nobody will come to my home, I should have gone and got a smart card, how is he supposed to verify my license is genuine. I told him entry is online and told him I am permanent here in Karnataka. And I kept saying sorry. Finally he told me it will take a lot of time for this renewal as they have to verify the license. And then he wrote a remark "Confirmation" and signed.
7. I then went to Room 2 for photo and signature (no questions asked there, and there was no line by the time I went there).
8. Then I went back to Room 5 (superintendent) and she asked me submit the documents to lady sitting on leftmost counter there. The other lady again saw confirmation and asked neighbouring person to verify. The person probably had heard my scolding and just told the lady it is out-of-state. So then the lady took my documents. I asked here will it take 30 days and she said yes. And I asked her what should I show police in the meantime and she said you can show SMS.
9. I just came home and I see the following status on the Application

Fingers crossed now whether the renewal will succeed and how much time it will take.
Attached Thumbnails
How to renew driving license issued in other state?-screenshot-20210920-4.25.13-pm.png  

ftp1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 20:58   #187

License Renewal Experience at KR Puram RTO (KA-53)

License Actual Expiry : Feb, 2021 (doc extended validity: 30th Sep, as per MORTH)

My License was originally issued in Jharkhand and the details were not available on Sarathi website. Since, I couldn't travel to Jharkhand, I sent them emails, along with copy of my DL, requesting them for backlog entry. It took 7 months and 17 emails before they finally obliged.
Once my DL details were available on Sarathi website, I filled my renewal application online for services: Renewal of DL and Change of Address in DL

Documents uploaded:
1. Old DL Copy
2. Address proof (Aadhar)
3. Form 1-A (took help of driving school next to my friend's house - charged Rs. 50/- for it.)

Paid fee of Rs. 551 + CC Charges of Rs. 6.50 and booked appointment slot for 20th Sep (02:30 PM to 03:30 PM). This is the only slot available for DL Services

20th Sep, 2021 @ KA-53 RTO

I reached at 02:15 PM and went straight to the Xerox shop next to it to get a plastic pouch (Rs. 5), Stamped Envelope (Rs. 30), a tag (Re. 1) and paper folder (Rs. 2)
I placed my Old Dl in the pouch and tagged it with envelope and following documents in the paper folder:

1. Appointment Confirmation
2. Application Reference Slip/Acknowledgement
3. Payment Receipt
4. Form 1-A and Form 1 (back to back print)

Other docs I was carrying, just in case they ask for it: pre-filled Application form from Sarathi, copy of old DL, Copy of Aadhar, Original Aadhar

I was directed to Room 02 on 2nd Floor to Assistant RTO for signing the documents. There hardly 6-7 people. I was 3rd in the queue. Though it was out of state license, he didn’t make any qualms about it. He just joked about how my appearance has changed from the pic on the old DL. He even showed it to couple of other people from RTO present there. He didn't ask for any other documents incl. original. After signing he asked me to go First to Room 01 on Ground Floor for Photo and Biometric and then to Room 03 on 1st Floor for submission of document.

In Room 01 on Ground Floor, the person asked for Rs. 60 for smart card (cash), took my photo and in the name of biometric I just had to sign on an electronic pad (which I somehow managed as it wasn't as smooth as it looked). He attached receipt of Rs. 60 to my documents and asked me to go to Room 03 on First Floor.

The person in Room 03 on First Floor took my documents, took out the Application Reference Slip/Acknowledgement, stamped it and returned it to me for showing it to cops if and when they stop me. He told I will get my smart card in a month's time.

I was out of RTO office in 15 mins. All in all, a very smooth experience with absolutely no hassles.

This is the status I currently see on Sarathi website:
Attached Thumbnails
How to renew driving license issued in other state?-status.jpg  

pdiwedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 22:33   #188

Thanks @pdiwedy for sharing your experience. While you experienced casual jokes by the ARTO at KA-53, I got a royal scolding from KA-01 ARTO. Doesn't matter as long as they renew my DL. They didn't stamp my application reference slip. They just asked me to show vahan sms to police if asked. Anyways, I have my old license details downloaded in digilocker. So hope that's ok. Looks like today's status is generic.
Old 21st September 2021, 06:57   #189

Quote:
Thanks @pdiwedy for sharing your experience. While you experienced casual jokes by the ARTO at KA-53, I got a royal scolding from KA-01 ARTO. Doesn't matter as long as they renew my DL. They didn't stamp my application reference slip. They just asked me to show vahan sms to police if asked. Anyways, I have my old license details downloaded in digilocker. So hope that's ok. Looks like today's status is generic.
Thanks @ftp1234 for sharing your experience. I am sorry you went through that at KA-01. Honestly, I was prepared for a similar experience. But perhaps, I just got lucky. But as you rightly said, as long as we get our DL, it doesn't matter.

You can still keep the acknowledgment and show it along with SMS and Old DL, if asked. I didn't receive any SMS. Somehow, I am never sure about what Police is going ask in the name of documents.

Hope they send us our license soon.

Please keep us posted on your progress. Thank you!
pdiwedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 07:21   #190
BHPian

My wife applied for her DL renewal and address change (MH smartcard to KA smartcard) and submitted all documents and forms duly filled this year at an RTO in Bangalore, besides uploading softcopies of the same. After 1 month it was still showing "Pending at RTO Auth". She logged a complaint at https://pgportal.gov.in/ citing her application#, and requesting escalation and quick approval. Lets hope it works ...
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 13:09   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
My wife applied for her DL renewal and address change (MH smartcard to KA smartcard) and submitted all documents and forms duly filled this year at an RTO in Bangalore, besides uploading softcopies of the same. After 1 month it was still showing "Pending at RTO Auth". She logged a complaint at https://pgportal.gov.in/ citing her application#, and requesting escalation and quick approval. Lets hope it works ...
Wow, this can't be a coincidence! Literally 5 hours after I logged the complaint at pgportal, the application status has now moved to "Printing of DL in Form 7 (SMART CARD)". Only dispatch is pending now!
Old 5th October 2021, 13:19   #192

Quote:
Wow, this can't be a coincidence! Literally 5 hours after I logged the complaint at pgportal, the application status has now moved to "Printing of DL in Form 7 (SMART CARD)". Only dispatch is pending now!
Great. I think I will also have to file a complaint after 40 days. So far, its been 15 days and still showing Scrutiny (Document verification pending)
I was not aware there is a state called Pending for RTO auth after this. Just worried that if I file complaint before going and reminding them at RTO first, after that all doors of going to RTO are closed
Old 5th October 2021, 13:47   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Great. I think I will also have to file a complaint after 40 days. So far, its been 15 days and still showing Scrutiny (Document verification pending)
I was not aware there is a state called Pending for RTO auth after this. Just worried that if I file complaint before going and reminding them at RTO first, after that all doors of going to RTO are closed
I would suggest wait for 30 days from the date you submitted in the RTO, and then file complaint at pgportal if no movement in status by then.

Remember to cite your application number in the complaint. And choose the MoRTH bucket/category when filing the complaint.

Last edited by vharihar : 5th October 2021 at 13:49.
Old 21st October 2021, 20:21   #194
BHPian

Quote:
As stated in my previous post, we logged a complaint at PGPORTAL about my wife's DL renewal application staying stuck, after which it moved to a state of "Dispatched Smartcard" literally 5 hours later. My wife also got the Speedpost trk#. But, it stayed stuck in this state for over 2 weeks, nor would the trk# track on Speedpost website, complaining about invalid consignment#! We felt it was time to do a PGPORTAL thing again. There's a Reminder thing on it when you pull up your grievance (I wish they'd change that name, sounds morose), we tried that. And viola, it was dispatched that same day. This happened 2 days ago, yesterday was Valmiki Jayanti public holiday, and the DL got delivered today. This is unbelievably good!
Old 21st October 2021, 21:38   #195

Quote:
I would suggest wait for 30 days from the date you submitted in the RTO, and then file complaint at pgportal if no movement in status by then.

Remember to cite your application number in the complaint. And choose the MoRTH bucket/category when filing the complaint.
Hi vharihar,

Which sub-category did you choose for the complaint? I have attached a screenshot for reference.

Thanks,
Rahul
Attached Thumbnails
How to renew driving license issued in other state?-screenshot-20211021-9.36.37-pm.png  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks