Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2011, 13:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: How long before Mitsubishi India shuts shop!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
^^For Point No.2, Please read this news from their official website:
Press Release | Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
They are producing Pajero Sports in Bangaldesh!
How more tangential MMC can be!
One more pointer to the soured JV with Birlas. Let us hope the JV is disolved (or resolved?) soon, so that MMC can re-start the Indian manufacturing in earnest.
Old 16th December 2011, 13:37   #62
BHPian

Just to share my experience with Lancer Petrol of course Mitsubishi’s Product so far,
The car has been excellent with in fact “NO PROBLEM” from day 1 to the seven year ownership,

In fact my review of the product also came in HT Oct 2007 edition – as my car gives a consistent average of 15+ in city with Highway,

All that is fine,with the difference between petrol & diesel price –economy going up,

I know drive more of Diesel – my friends sometimes tell me why not sell Lancer- & I say no way,

Lancer is a great product,

Many people complain with Safari Dicky noise due to tyre load- & I always ask why there is no complain in Pajero that too an 80’s model,I am not comparing Pajero to Safari- I am just saying that both car's have Tyre on Dicky with complain in safari & no complain in Pajero.

Pajero:Still gives run for money to 2011 models when it comes to 4*4,

& Cedia is a really drivers car with wonderful experience but sells very less due to Birla's policy- infact birla's are killing the product.

Mitsubishi makes over engineered car we all know – they have now even focused in Bangladesh market than why not India?tough to understand.

I still hope that Mitsubishi’s Management is listening & making action plan to sell car’s In India.

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
Old 16th December 2011, 22:05   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat View Post
Mitsubishi should bring in Mirage, Lancer EX, ASX, Galant, Grandis, Pajero Sports. Equally important they need to phase out old models like Lancer, Cedia and Pajero.

Refreshed line up should give them some hope else they should shut shop. I have been driving Mitsu cars since 2007 and it is very sad to see them not take India market seriously.
I too love Mitsubishis and my favourite car in the entire world is the legendary EVO.

Now, when you mentioned Mirage, I was going through wikipedia and found this.
Quote:
The Colt will be renamed back to Mirage in 2012. The sixth generation was previewed as a concept car at the 2011 Geneva Auto Show and will be unveiled at the 2011 Tokyo Motor Show. Following the Nissan Micra, the Mirage will have simpler design and mechanic. The car will be built in Thailand.
At launch, the only engine with will be a 1.0L 3-cylinder naturally aspirated gasoline with start-stop, coupled with a continuously variable transmission.
Now, they mention the Nissan Micra. Does this mean that Mirage is based on the Micra?

If that is the case, then Mitsu can ask Nissan to manufacture the Mirage for them at their plant in Chennai. That should be a good start.

Last edited by designersf : 16th December 2011 at 22:06.
Old 4th January 2012, 15:38   #64
BHPian

Bumping up this thread

Been a Mitsubishi fan since ages. Loved driving my friend's Lancer. Now when I am scouting for a 10L car, the first thing that came to my mind was a Cedia Sports. But seeing the condition of the company, I am really jittery to put down my money.
I dropped a mail through the company website, as expected never got a reply from them. Dropped a couple of messages on their FB page and Twitter. Still nothing. Finally someone replies on fb and twitter "We have replied to your tweet, trust we were able to help" I mean what is wrong with these guys? They hardly sell anything at all and this attitude aint gonna help them. Really dont know what to do. Cant imagine what would be the condition after sales.
Old 4th January 2012, 16:04   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania
Cant imagine what would be the condition after sales.
Well, my experience has been good. In fact they call up personally to remind that service is due.
Service provided is good as well.
Never have had to go back for a repeat problem but then haven't had any teething issues with the car in 4 years.
rtandon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 16:39   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam00 View Post
Just to share my experience with Lancer Petrol of course Mitsubishi’s Product so far,
The car has been excellent with in fact “NO PROBLEM” from day 1 to the seven year ownership,

In fact my review of the product also came in HT Oct 2007 edition – as my car gives a consistent average of 15+ in city with Highway,

All that is fine,with the difference between petrol & diesel price –economy going up,

Lancer is a great product
I somehow missed your post.

I totally agree with you on the lancer being a great car and its the same at my house too. even after 9 years of ownership we are in no mood to sell it off.

But dude how do you manage to get 15+ from Lancer? Thats the only sore point of the car. Mine does not give more then 10 kmpl in the city and that too with a light foot. Spirited drives bring down the FE to 9 easily and quite fast. On the Delhi Jaipur stretch too the car returned only 13kmpl although this was some years back since now we have stopped taking it on the highways.
Old 4th January 2012, 17:41   #67
BHPian

Now i have been asked to send in my contact details to some id at Hind Motors.
One of the dealers here in Calcutta didnt even pick up the phone. The second dealer doesnt even have a car on display, leave alone a test drive vehicle.

Dont know whats wrong with the management. They obviously have some very good vehicles in their line-up, they are brilliant to drive, but they seem totally disinterested in selling any product at all. Sorry state of affairs here.
Old 5th January 2012, 11:58   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Bumping up this thread

Been a Mitsubishi fan since ages. Loved driving my friend's Lancer. Now when I am scouting for a 10L car, the first thing that came to my mind was a Cedia Sports. But seeing the condition of the company, I am really jittery to put down my money.
I dropped a mail through the company website, as expected never got a reply from them. Dropped a couple of messages on their FB page and Twitter. Still nothing. Finally someone replies on fb and twitter "We have replied to your tweet, trust we were able to help" I mean what is wrong with these guys? They hardly sell anything at all and this attitude aint gonna help them. Really dont know what to do. Cant imagine what would be the condition after sales.
They are pretty prompt on FB and Twitter, reply within a day/two; and if you need an email you can write to: customersupport@hindmotor.com or info@mitsubishi-motors.co.in

There are no issues with sales or after-sales, for that matter owing to fewer cars to service they are very warm and courteous.

They call promptly and fix issues, but you have to both explain properly and follow-up adequately.

Quote:
Now i have been asked to send in my contact details to some id at Hind Motors.
One of the dealers here in Calcutta didnt even pick up the phone. The second dealer doesnt even have a car on display, leave alone a test drive vehicle.

Dont know whats wrong with the management. They obviously have some very good vehicles in their line-up, they are brilliant to drive, but they seem totally disinterested in selling any product at all. Sorry state of affairs here.
Send your query, they should respond. The thing with the showrooms even in Mumbai is that they do not stock test drive cars.

You might get to TD a car which they enter into rallies, or a car which would have come for display.

The staff are a genuine lot, not out to con you. They tell you in black and white what they can offer and what they cannot.
Old 5th January 2012, 12:29   #69
BHPian

Agreed and thanks for the mail ids. I voiced my concern and dissapointment a second time and they were prompt to take down my details. Got a call from their regional office and had a long, detailed discussion with an official. Really appreciate the way he accepted the company's falling sales and lost focus in marketing. Listened to my concerns patiently and said he will forward my feedback to the management.

They are going to get the Pajero Sports by March-April to the showrooms here.

Last edited by Motormania : 5th January 2012 at 12:32.
Old 5th January 2012, 13:57   #70
Senior - BHPian

If you pair with a dinosaur some of the habits are bound to rub off on you. Except for the SUV none of the vehicles is popular. Also service leaves a lot to be desired, esp the constant change of service points. My father-in-law got his Lancia in Gwalior but for service today the car has to go to Delhi!!
Old 6th January 2012, 08:26   #71
BHPian

I have had a lancer for four years and ultimately had to sell it off as i was leaving the country. I think i never missed a car more profoundly! IMO, they might not be much when it comes to marketing but they sure does please their customers. When i had the car, they were always prompt on alerting me to when my next service was due and never had to go in for the same issue twice.
I feel like an aggressive marketing strategy and a diesel motor in their main stream cars(read Cedia and Outlander) would do wonders for their sales figure. It's really a shame they don't take indian market more seriously.
Old 31st December 2013, 21:35   #72
BHPian

Bumping this thread.
Any new news of how the HM mitsu partnership is going ? With the new mirage rumored to be launched soon there may be some hope but doubt it can happen with this partnership
Old 1st January 2014, 10:34   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Austin has shut shop in Calcutta & Shah is active. In case you need contacts over there, let me know. I have phone nos.
Old 1st January 2014, 11:19   #74
Senior - BHPian

HM is in bad shape.. will go in for restructuring. CK Birla has stepped down as chairman. They're looking to hive the business in two - one investor for their Bengal plant (ambassador) and another for the Chennai plant (Mitsubishi). Which may be a blessing in disguise for Mitsubishi. We'll have to wait and see.

http://www.business-standard.com/art...2800698_1.html
Old 1st January 2014, 15:50   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
HM is in bad shape.. will go in for restructuring. CK Birla has stepped down as chairman. They're looking to hive the business in two - one investor for their Bengal plant (ambassador) and another for the Chennai plant (Mitsubishi). Which may be a blessing in disguise for Mitsubishi. We'll have to wait and see.

http://www.business-standard.com/art...2800698_1.html
Isuzu might be a contender for chennai plant as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks