Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 09:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Camry, Etios Motor Racing & more : Auto Expo 2012

Along with the Camry, they should think of assembling the Prius in the India too. If the Prius is priced at higher end C+ or lower end D segment, it will sell like hot cakes!
Old 9th January 2012, 13:00   #17
BHPian

I would think TOYOTA are serious about the Etios name/platform in India, so good news, ye Etios platform owners.
Old 10th January 2012, 10:32   #18
BHPian

The overseas model of Camry 2012 seems to be promising with the new looks. However, the one which they have showcased in India is a lot simpler one if we we go only by the looks per-se.
We'll have to wait and watch, as to which one would Toyota be launching in India. Most probably it would be the one showcased in Auto Expo.

Last edited by Mpower : 10th January 2012 at 23:16. Reason: Do not repost the same picture again for no reason
Old 10th January 2012, 12:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Assembling the new Camry is an excellent and long awaited move by Toyota.Will provide competition to the Superb.Even though handicapped by the lack of a diesel engine,Camry i think shall do well with those Lexus-esque,luxuroius interiors and the refinement of the butter smooth petrol from toyota.A lot of fat cats dont mind shelling out the extra at the pumps for the refinement of petrol and with the accord showing its age,the camry might just do well for itself.

Last edited by avishar : 10th January 2012 at 12:19.
Old 10th January 2012, 14:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

First look at the new Camry and it looks like a Lexus. All over. Good to know that it would finally be assembled here in India. Hopefully, that would bring in some numbers, to an otherwise decent car.

The race cars do look good, but what in the world is a handbrake doing in a track car? Why would one need that?

How about putting the race ready Liva against the Polo cup winner Polo at the Buddh? Would be an interesting race, me thinks.
Old 10th January 2012, 15:40   #21
BHPian

As pointed out, the front end is more of Lexus which is defenitely not a bad thing. However, the interiors showed in Auto Expo looks cheap when compared with the UAE version. May be it was done to bring the cost more closer to the Accord.
Old 10th January 2012, 22:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Had a look at the Lexus today in flesh at the Expo. What a stunner!! Pictures don't do justice to the presence.
Old 10th January 2012, 23:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
The exterior of the Indian Camry seems to be different from the new 2012 Camry released here in the Gulf.
The Asian/Russian market Camry is more regal and luxurious and hence the extra splash of chrome and wood. Overall it should be better appointed. The pic you posted is shot professionally in a studio and hence looks more appealing.
Old 11th January 2012, 00:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque
However, the interiors showed in Auto Expo looks cheap when compared with the UAE version. May be it was done to bring the cost more closer to the Accord.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
The Asian/Russian market Camry is more regal and luxurious and hence the extra splash of chrome and wood. Overall it should be better appointed. The pic you posted is shot professionally in a studio and hence looks more appealing.
+1. The Asian/Russian market Camry/Corolla are more luxurious than American version with more features and better interior.
Old 11th January 2012, 05:21   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
+1. The Asian/Russian market Camry/Corolla are more luxurious than American version with more features and better interior.
Yes but look wise I still feel the US Camry is way better than the one launched in India. Atleast they could have maintained the same look and added chrome and wood finish to interiors
Old 11th January 2012, 11:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

The Lexus err... Camry. Its a stunner. I compared it with most sedans of this class at the Expo and it ruled roost in my mind.

Toyota Camry, Etios Motor Racing & more : Auto Expo 2012-camry-front.jpg

Toyota Camry, Etios Motor Racing & more : Auto Expo 2012-camry-rear.jpg

Toyota Camry, Etios Motor Racing & more : Auto Expo 2012-camry-rear1.jpg

Toyota Camry, Etios Motor Racing & more : Auto Expo 2012-camry-interiors.jpg
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 11:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

Its a Great looking car do doubt but i feel theres too much Honda Accord in it !Yes, the Lexus Elements exist as well but on the whole its been clearly designed taking cues from Honda. The Petrol only engine option will further dampen any chances of this car doing well ! Possibly we will see a bunch of Camry's at Delhis 5 star hotels (as hotel cars) as was the case with the previous gen model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
The Lexus err... Camry. Its a stunner. I compared it with most sedans of this class at the Expo and it ruled roost in my mind.

Attachment 869596

Attachment 869597

Attachment 869598

Attachment 869608
Old 11th January 2012, 12:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Its a Great looking car do doubt but i feel theres too much Honda Accord in it !Yes, the Lexus Elements exist as well but on the whole its been clearly designed taking cues from Honda. The Petrol only engine option will further dampen any chances of this car doing well ! Possibly we will see a bunch of Camry's at Delhis 5 star hotels (as hotel cars) as was the case with the previous gen model.
Your point is valid as far as the Petrol only version goes. Yes, it desperately needs a 'good' diesel heart to become a segment leader like the Superb.

No offense, but Honda quality cannot match that of Toyota as far as your comparo with the Accord goes. This is totally in my point of view (I don't want to start a debate) having been a Honda car owner myself in the past. The Accord looked nowhere as impressive as the New Camry in the flesh at the Expo. Neither did the New Sonata for that matter.
Old 11th January 2012, 15:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Your point is valid as far as the Petrol only version goes. Yes, it desperately needs a 'good' diesel heart to become a segment leader like the Superb.

No offense, but Honda quality cannot match that of Toyota as far as your comparo with the Accord goes. This is totally in my point of view (I don't want to start a debate) having been a Honda car owner myself in the past. The Accord looked nowhere as impressive as the New Camry in the flesh at the Expo. Neither did the New Sonata for that matter.
The Camry is definitely a better looking car ! I do not agree that Toyota Quality is better than Honda as i have owned Hondas for a while now and i don't see any reason to complain about the quality. Toyota is a bigger/larger company because it has a larger product portfolio that fits all markets and price points and Diesel Tech ! Honda on the other hand has been a slow mover. The Toyota VVTI engines were never spoken or revered about by experts like the Hondas Ivtecs. I respect Toyota for being the world leader and they obviously are good at what they do.
Old 13th January 2012, 08:58   #30
BHPian

@drmohitg, the easy seat is only for front passenger, we had a record of close to 1000+ serious enquiries.

Andy

Last edited by Grace : 13th January 2012 at 08:59. Reason: spell chk
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks