Audi (including Q3 and A3 e-tron concept) @ Auto Expo 2012-dsc_0436.jpg

Audi (including Q3 and A3 e-tron concept) @ Auto Expo 2012-dsc_0437.jpg

Audi (including Q3 and A3 e-tron concept) @ Auto Expo 2012-dsc_0438.jpg

Audi (including Q3 and A3 e-tron concept) @ Auto Expo 2012-dsc_0439.jpg

Audi (including Q3 and A3 e-tron concept) @ Auto Expo 2012-dsc_0441.jpg
Old 12th January 2012, 04:59   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Audi (including Q3 and A3 e-tron concept) @ Auto Expo 2012

Is the v12 q7 going to go on sale or was it there just as an attraction? If so, what is the pricing approx?
Old 12th January 2012, 21:32   #33
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Was there a R8 V10 GT at the stall? Dont know why it wasn't showcased. It had made an appearance just outside the venue. Below is the pic from Supercars and Exotics in New Delhi fb page.

Audi (including Q3 and A3 e-tron concept) @ Auto Expo 2012-v10gt.jpg
Old 16th January 2012, 10:13   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Shouldn't the power output of the Q3 & Q5 diesel's be the same? It is shown as 180 & 170 bhp respectively. From what i know its 170bhp.
Its 177 bhp. Thanks (it has been changed in the original post)
Old 17th January 2012, 15:21   #35
Senior - BHPian

The Audi Q7 with its massive V12 , 500 BHP and 1000nm of Torque sounds super sweet. Despite being a diesel, it really is bad on fuel economy. I remember seeing the Top Gear episode with the above mentioned vehicle and the equivalent BMW X5M. JC was shocked at the economy it gave in Europe. Imagine what we would get here?!
Old 20th January 2012, 05:10   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
The Audi Q7 with its massive V12 , 500 BHP and 1000nm of Torque sounds super sweet. Despite being a diesel, it really is bad on fuel economy. I remember seeing the Top Gear episode with the above mentioned vehicle and the equivalent BMW X5M. JC was shocked at the economy it gave in Europe. Imagine what we would get here?!
When you are spending that kind of money and getting thaaaat kind of power you won't care about economy.

Some cars are not built for economy. If economy is priority Audi offer you the 3.0 TDi Q7, if you want a balance of economy and power then v8 4.2TDi Q7 BUT if you just want a stooopid amount of power then you get the v12 TDi.
Audi has all aspects of consumer types covered within one product type itself, brilliant offerings.
Old 20th January 2012, 05:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Hello

It is the acc unit and one is the blower selector and the other the temperature selector, the display in the centre will show you your settings,

Regards,
They look like temperature dials for either side of the cabin. I believe that you select the outlet of the air with the buttons next to it.
Old 20th January 2012, 12:28   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
When you are spending that kind of money and getting thaaaat kind of power you won't care about economy.

Some cars are not built for economy. If economy is priority Audi offer you the 3.0 TDi Q7, if you want a balance of economy and power then v8 4.2TDi Q7 BUT if you just want a stooopid amount of power then you get the v12 TDi.
Audi has all aspects of consumer types covered within one product type itself, brilliant offerings.
Though the specification sounds really sweet, it does not make any sense at all to invest in a vehicle like that. Its not one of cars that you can look good in cruising the main streets. Probably aimed at the american market.

Drive it in Europe and I am sure some environmentalists will torch it the next day.
Old 21st January 2012, 06:46   #39
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307

Nope, I don't think so.

Even though the concept EcoSport that was displayed at the Auto Show is 4200 mm, the production EcoSport should be less that 4000 mm so that Ford can capitalize on selling it at a much lesser price-tag. The Q3 on the other hand, is a shade below 4400 mm. That's a foot-long ruler and a smaller ruler attached to each other.

But in terms of width, the EcoSport (Concept) is alarmingly a whole 150 mm wider. Perhaps that's because it is still a concept?

While I wouldn't find much difference in interior space between the two, I'd expect the Audi to be a whole lot more plush and luxurious, obviously. It would have the bigger boot too, I suppose.
Incidentally the length of the Scorpio is 4430mm and the Yeti is 4223mm. The Q3 at let's say 4350mm is likely to be absolutely excellent and compact for our crowded city streets. I like that vehicle very much indeed! Unfortunately it is also likely to be nice and expensive on account of the duties. Good car to aspire to, as a possible upgrade some day! Hope it passes the golf bag test. A senior friend of mine who has a Q5 has to place his golf bag on a slight diagonal to fit properly; it just manages to squash into the boot space with the rear seats up. Doesn't leave too much space for other luggage though. Clearly the Q3 is likely to be smaller. So perhaps I should hope that the Skoda boys bring in their 170 BHP 4x4 Yeti with DSG gearbox in L&K trim and panoramic sunroof and possibly 17 inch alloys, as the ideal upgrade for me!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 21st January 2012 at 06:50.
Old 21st January 2012, 08:10   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Though the specification sounds really sweet, it does not make any sense at all to invest in a vehicle like that. Its not one of cars that you can look good in cruising the main streets. Probably aimed at the american market.

Drive it in Europe and I am sure some environmentalists will torch it the next day.
Def not made for the American market. No one really ever buys diesels there. It is indeed for purely for the European market. This car on the Autoban would be a dream run.
Old 21st January 2012, 11:42   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Def not made for the American market. No one really ever buys diesels there. It is indeed for purely for the European market. This car on the Autoban would be a dream run.
Failed attempt to sell in the US market I would say.

Absolutely, the autobahn is probably the ideal place but it wont ever be as thrilling as say Audi RS 6 Avant with a V10 under its hood. Also a very popular car to be seen on the Autobahn. I cant imagine anyone looking past the RS6 Avant if they want a large car with ample power under the hood.

You live in Europe, have you sighted any V12 Q7's?
Old 21st January 2012, 14:59   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Failed attempt to sell in the US market I would say.

Absolutely, the autobahn is probably the ideal place but it wont ever be as thrilling as say Audi RS 6 Avant with a V10 under its hood. Also a very popular car to be seen on the Autobahn. I cant imagine anyone looking past the RS6 Avant if they want a large car with ample power under the hood.

You realize that your comparing an suv to an avant?

People who need more space, probably a 7 seater would buy the Q7 over the RS6 even with its v10. By the way, the C7 RS6 will use a twin-turbo V8.

Diesels in general dont do well in the US because diesel is not available at 'every' fuel station, the comparatively noisy & polluting diesels are not preferred by the American market.
Old 21st January 2012, 15:52   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

No really, that's mainly because it's hard to distinguish them from other q7s. The kit level and look is almost same. Also I'm in Spain where the current economy doesn't really support the purchase of such SUVs :P
Old 21st January 2012, 19:05   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The Q3 at let's say 4350mm is likely to be absolutely excellent and compact for our crowded city streets. I like that vehicle very much indeed! Unfortunately it is also likely to be nice and expensive on account of the duties.
Absolutely. I think the Q3 will be just right for Indian roads. It will offer the perfect blend of compactness, luxury, drive-ability, etc. all rolled into one package that's likely going to be VFM. Even the Audi Q1 compact SUV would be a wonderful proposition for India. I can foresee well-off urban-yuppies lapping it up.

Quote:
Hope it passes the golf bag test. A senior friend of mine who has a Q5 has to place his golf bag on a slight diagonal to fit properly; it just manages to squash into the boot space with the rear seats up. Doesn't leave too much space for other luggage though. Clearly the Q3 is likely to be smaller.
Ah the golf-bag test! Probably the best way to test the practicality of a car. I intend to start playing Golf very soon, and that would mean that I'll have to take the Jazz to KGA every time! Actually, that's one of the reasons why we decided to buy the Jazz. My dad insisted that we try out the kit in the boot of the TD Jazz when it had arrived at our house a few years ago. We loved the 'magic-seats'. The split-folding seats allow us to stuff up to 3 golf-bags into the Jazz (no kidding, we tried it )

Is the Audi Q3 equipped with split-folding seats? What about the Q5? If so, then it should be alright.

Quote:
So perhaps I should hope that the Skoda boys bring in their 170 BHP 4x4 Yeti with DSG gearbox in L&K trim and panoramic sunroof and possibly 17 inch alloys, as the ideal upgrade for me!
If wishes were horses.. *winks*

But honestly, I don't know why Skoda hadn't introduced the Yeti in that trim right from the start?
Old 21st January 2012, 21:15   #45
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307

Absolutely. I think the Q3 will be just right for Indian roads. It will offer the perfect blend of compactness, luxury, drive-ability, etc. all rolled into one package that's likely going to be VFM. Even the Audi Q1 compact SUV would be a wonderful proposition for India. I can foresee well-off urban-yuppies lapping it up.

Ah the golf-bag test! Probably the best way to test the practicality of a car. I intend to start playing Golf very soon, and that would mean that I'll have to take the Jazz to KGA every time! Actually, that's one of the reasons why we decided to buy the Jazz. My dad insisted that we try out the kit in the boot of the TD Jazz when it had arrived at our house a few years ago. We loved the 'magic-seats'. The split-folding seats allow us to stuff up to 3 golf-bags into the Jazz (no kidding, we tried it )

Is the Audi Q3 equipped with split-folding seats? What about the Q5? If so, then it should be alright.

If wishes were horses.. *winks*

But honestly, I don't know why Skoda hadn't introduced the Yeti in that trim right from the start?
Q1 would be nice but it is little more than the Tiguan or Yeti in size.
Q3 will certainly be lapped up by urban types. I guess one has to be well off to afford it.
Q5 if I remember right does have split folding rear seats but I don't know about the Q3 and Q1. However it stands to reason to expect that they will have split rear seats.
The Jazz is extremely practical, no doubt about it. I can well believe it fits 3 golf bags.
Even I am unable to fathom why VW prevents Skoda from creating its own brand of value. I don't agree with this VW being positioned above Skoda and hence preventing Skoda from doing certain things it does in International markets. Let the consumer decide which brand he or she wants and go for it! I as a consumer don't like being dictated to by these brand gurus or brand idiots as the case may be!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks