Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2012, 22:44   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BMW/ Mercedes India 2012 model updates,

S350- What is Eco Pro? And how different are the rear seats now? I am guessing the rear seats have been changed for all models in the 5er line up.
Also what did you mean the x1 is being cleared now? Is there a facelift or engine tweak expected?
Old 31st January 2012, 23:06   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Also what did you mean the x1 is being cleared now? Is there a facelift or engine tweak expected?
I read at multiple places that the X1 is being updated with a facelift to take on the Q3. Probably a few added features and the engine updated to 184hp perhaps ?
Dont know in detail though. Dev (S350-E240) surely would
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 23:55   #48
Senior - BHPian

Sahil,

Eco Pro is more of an energy / fuel saving feature more of a further extension of the Efficient Dynamics from BMW which again I believe is ground breaking but how effective it is in real world we will know once real owners report esp. those who have the same models without it and those with it,

It optimises air temperature and gear changes or allows you to know how many more miles you will be able to go with current set up, all quite sci-fi, below are some links with better details,

Eco Pro Explained

Rear seats yes have been completely re-designed now, extra cushion, extra thigh support, a better angle of backrest, a very nice upgrade,

X1,

BMW India has a huge lot of X1, which they are trying to clear using various promotions, which will allow them to add more features to the existing car, NO Engine or transmission changes as this is how it's sold the world over, and the facelift will only come in the year 2013, mostly Q2.

X1 once the lot clears will have the electric steering, and host of other goodies, and Cool Elegance might make a comeback,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
S350- What is Eco Pro? And how different are the rear seats now? I am guessing the rear seats have been changed for all models in the 5er line up.
PlatzdaTurbo,

Mate no lol, I dont know all sorry by now I might sound like an over wise guy with so much information, will need to slow down to avoid being wrong somewhere or end up breaking someone's heart lol,

I seriously need people to understand I try as much as I can to be correct but don't use me as a base line, I can go wrong sometimes as there have been times when in the last week of launch a product has been discontinued for no reasons and in last 6 months 2 wonderful Mercedes and BMWs have faced an axe for no logical reasons,

X1, Facelift only next year, Q3 will be able to smash the X1 in India this year!

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Dont know in detail though. Dev (S350-E240) surely would

P.S Just realized my name just does not suit me anymore, it's strange when I joined this forum I went all out for Mercedes, now I have little for them, Ah W222 please bring my love and respect for Mercedes back!
Old 1st February 2012, 02:34   #49
BHPian

Hi, Dev (S350L-E240),

Whats the word on 640d GC. What should be the expected price and when do you think it will make it? Also what about the recently launched M performace cars. Will M550d make it to India this year? What about the pricing?
Old 1st February 2012, 11:51   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89
Hi, Dev (S350L-E240),

Whats the word on 640d GC. What should be the expected price and when do you think it will make it? Also what about the recently launched M performace cars. Will M550d make it to India this year? What about the pricing?
Hello,

640d GC is in September, price should be in the range of 79 to 85, this will also depend on euro rates and any other parameters but won't be too off from this,

M550d mostly early 2013 but still will confirm as we are not sure if RHD models will exist with Xdrive or RWD.

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 17:20   #51
BHPian

@S350L-E240, Thanks again for you help, I spoke to the dealer here at Chennai yesterday and he seems to have no clue about the features and engine upgrade! They don't even have the updated spec sheet or brochure. I had originally asked for the car in Space Grey but I got a call last month saying that they're not producing that colour. When I asked what colours they have, they said they have only white, black and havanna and I asked for the havanna. Even after making me change my colour choice they are not able to commit a delivery date. As of yesterday, the dealer claims that the car will only be produced in the 3rd week of February and that I will get delivery only after that. Can you please shed some light on this and is it possible to post a scanned copy of the full spec sheet? I booked the car in October.
Old 3rd February 2012, 17:38   #52
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

Sorry but what car are we talking about here? If its the 5 then do look back on previous posts I have attached the new spec sheets, and if you booked a car in October then no matter what model by now you will have it, or are we talking about some CBU here? Please do update with more info as I am unable to understand the model,

Sorry really,

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSP9994
@S350L-E240, Thanks again for you help, I spoke to the dealer here at Chennai yesterday and he seems to have no clue about the features and engine upgrade! They don't even have the updated spec sheet or brochure. I had originally asked for the car in Space Grey but I got a call last month saying that they're not producing that colour. When I asked what colours they have, they said they have only white, black and havanna and I asked for the havanna. Even after making me change my colour choice they are not able to commit a delivery date. As of yesterday, the dealer claims that the car will only be produced in the 3rd week of February and that I will get delivery only after that. Can you please shed some light on this and is it possible to post a scanned copy of the full spec sheet? I booked the car in October.
Old 6th February 2012, 09:38   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Hello,

Sorry but what car are we talking about here? If its the 5 then do look back on previous posts I have attached the new spec sheets, and if you booked a car in October then no matter what model by now you will have it, or are we talking about some CBU here? Please do update with more info as I am unable to understand the model,

Sorry really,

Regards,
The car I've booked is the 530d. It was booked on 20th October, 2011. The dealer originally said that I would get the car in a month but never committed a delivery date. It's been over 3 months now and he still isn't able to commit a delivery date. He claims that production of the 5 series for the year hasn't begun yet and he hasn't received the production schedule from BMW. He also claims that the only colours that will be available are Black, White and Havana, none of which I'm really keen on. I originally wanted Space Grey, but it doesn't look like I have a choice here. Disappointing considering I'm paying around 50l for the car.
Old 6th February 2012, 11:25   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSP9994 View Post
The car I've booked is the 530d. It was booked on 20th October, 2011. The dealer originally said that I would get the car in a month but never committed a delivery date. It's been over 3 months now and he still isn't able to commit a delivery date. He claims that production of the 5 series for the year hasn't begun yet and he hasn't received the production schedule from BMW. He also claims that the only colours that will be available are Black, White and Havana, none of which I'm really keen on. I originally wanted Space Grey, but it doesn't look like I have a choice here. Disappointing considering I'm paying around 50l for the car.
Production has started and the 2012 530Ds with the 258bhp engines are already being sold. I think you should write a mail to BMW India. You will definitely get a reply and at least get your dealers attention and your doubts cleared.

EDIT - You may not get your colour immediately, but at least it will clear stuff up.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 6th February 2012 at 11:37.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 14:19   #55
BHPian

When is the F30 3er expected to be launched? Will it be only 328i initially like in some countries or will the 320i and 320d come first followed by the bigger ones? I am pretty keen on the F30 or a Passat.

Cheers
Old 19th March 2012, 16:07   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
When is the F30 3er expected to be launched? Will it be only 328i initially like in some countries or will the 320i and 320d come first followed by the bigger ones? I am pretty keen on the F30 or a Passat.

Cheers
IMO it should be here in the third quarter. The 320D will be launched for sure, the 320i should be launched along with it too, though BMW may just launch the 328i too.
Old 19th March 2012, 18:15   #57
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

You want the car soon? Try to convince as many people as you know to buy the current 3! So high is the stock that some dealers have just been sent new Demo cars for the existing 3 and X1 is another issue,

Coming back to the new 3, The reviews continue to take its lead ahead, and look at this review, they call it the best car in the world, particularly in the 320d trim which is the launch car for India,

Autocar UK BMW 3 F30 Review

God Help the competition as until their next gen models come C:2014 and A4:2015 there is little they will be able to do to fight the 3,

Regards,

Quote:

Cheers
Old 24th March 2012, 23:41   #58
BHPian

Indianautosblog.com seems to have scooped a few pics of the F30 3 series being tested. And yes they have the details as well. As per IAB, the final line up is as follows,

318d, 320d, 320i, 328i.

The 318d is bound to be the game changer in this segment. Also IAB reports no corporate variant. But in the vid of the F30 cruising I didn't see the white halos :( That to me is a huge disappointment.

S350L-E240 - Waiting from more news from you bro!

Cheers,
Kaushik
Old 12th April 2012, 00:22   #59
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

Sorry but I have been a little wrong on the data I passed on on the F30, I said it was going to be Q2 launch, and Press launch was to happen in March, for reasons I am not aware of the Press launch did not happen, but am still being assured cars will be launched in Q2, but don't hold me to it, deep apologies to all for not being able to bring in a bit more accurate picture on the 3.

Coming to other cars,

ML - May launch, Ex-Showroom price was going to be a lot less but due to the new budget finally now ML is going to come at an Ex-Showroom price of about 68. (Approx) 350 CDI only as CBU. Later in 2012 we will have the ML250 CDI in CKD form.

B-Class, Dealers have started placing inventory orders, chances are only petrol will come initially, but Aug / Sept launch is confirmed. Only Auto Transmission.

Regards,

Quote:
S350L-E240 - Waiting from more news from you bro!

Cheers,
Kaushik

Last edited by S350L-E240 : 12th April 2012 at 00:46.
S350L-E240 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 18:33   #60
BHPian

Does any one have any idea about when the updated E250 CDI with the 7 G TRONIC gearbox, will launch here? IIRC, the same has been launched in the UK around a year back.

Last edited by GTO : 10th May 2012 at 20:21. Reason: Merging both your posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks