Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2012, 22:07   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki & GM increases Car Prices - Effective 16th Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
As far as i remember the old Ritz prices and when i compare them with the new prices, the LXI is increased by 7000 and VXI is increased by 21000 same as the VDi variant in bangalore.
21k on petrol variant when the petrol prices are peaking is something I cannot digest. This will take the OTR to 5.4L with 20k discounts. I got my new SWIFT Vxi for 5.5L OTR 2 months back. Suddenly the new swift at the launch price looks VFM compared to the present scenario.
MutantX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 22:08   #17
Team-BHP Support

Sorry to go OT, but there was a tweet from Mr. Anand Mahindra some-days back indicating a price hike of 3% on the Bolero. It isn't passed on yet, though the Bolero now at 7L has become quite pricey as well.
Old 17th January 2012, 22:42   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Rupee weakened against dollar?? From what I know Rupee has gained from 53 odd to less than 51 against dollar now!! So whats the pointing in citing this as the reason. Now when rupee goes back to 45 against dollar, will they reverse the price? We all know the answers to these! There will absolutely be NO change until the customers prove Maruti that they have access to more options! Till then, all can embrace this move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
swift hike by 17k while not touching dzire pricing? seems like MSIL is only interested at the business end of it.Wonder how many waiting swift customers will now cancel their orders?
Dzire is all set to be launched in a couple of weeks time and the price would cover these hikes as well, if I understand correct. So just increasing the price of current Dzire and then again revising the price may not make much sense!

Add to it, if Dzire CS is being launched on 1 Feb 2011, they would have stopped the production of current Dzire at least a month back and would have started manufacturing the new Dzire - so what is the point of increasing the price!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th January 2012 at 22:48.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 22:44   #19
BHPian

Wow 8 lakhs for a Swift in Banglore. That pretty much daylight robbery.

I got my Aria for 11.5 lakhs for crying out loud.

I hope people stop buying the Swift and put some sense in Maruti.

Cheers
Old 17th January 2012, 23:30   #20
BHPian

Swift DDiS is up by 20Ks in Odisha.
The dealer confirmed the price increase.
Now Swift VDi is priced at par with i20 CRDi magna. (At my place)
Old 18th January 2012, 00:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

Great, now the Swift is one awfully overpriced hatch in the market. I hope the market reacts to MSIL's antics!
anachronix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 01:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Is Maruti crazy or they look at Indians as one crazy & stupid lot? 8 lacs for a Swift is outrageous.
Old 18th January 2012, 05:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

They are only hiking the diesel car prices more so as to milk the diesel craze that has swept the nation recently because of petrol price hike. It just being opportunistic.

This is one of the reasons i do not consider cars which have very long waiting queue and all the calculations and plans go for a toss when these just increase the prices.
Old 18th January 2012, 07:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

This price hike comes absolutely at a wrong time when Maruti hasnt yet recovered from the losses of the last year. I am pretty much sure more price hikes are on the anvil from Maruti since the budgett talks about increasing the taxes on the Diesel cars. Maruti cars are going out of the reach for the common man.

Its not just MS but even Ford, M&M are talking about hiking prices.
Old 18th January 2012, 08:58   #25
BHPian

+1 to all the reactions. This is plain daylight robbery. It absolutely makes no sense to hike the price more for an already overpriced product.

I am one of those unfortunate blokes who had booked a swift last year and is still waiting for the delivery. During the wait, the price has already increased by around 30k. Why would we have to bear all the burden?

I , for one, am seriously thinking of cancelling my booking. With this price, I can very well get an entry level sedan.
Old 18th January 2012, 09:42   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
What happens to a sale that has already been invoiced but delivery has not yet happened. Will price hike affect that or since its invoiced it wont?Cheers
In case if full and final invoicing has already been done, I don't think the price hike should affect the deal as the tax has already been deducted and same has been transferred to MSIL accounts.
Old 18th January 2012, 10:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

Thank God. I had almost finalised booking a Swift diesel and changed my mind at the last moment due to the waiting period. I still wouldn't have got the delivery if I had booked and would have bore the brunt of this price hike. 8L+ for ZDi in Bangalore! I got my 6 Speed i20 CRDi Sportz for the same price and suddenly it looks like a VFM. The price is further reduced by around 11K for the 5 Speed version and may be cheaper than the ZDi now.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 18th January 2012 at 10:12.
Old 18th January 2012, 10:09   #28
BHPian

I think the price hike is not at all justified Dollar-Rupee thing is just some reason for them. IMO Swift's increase is just some plans to help their otherwise not so selling models like SX4 and may also to help the upcoming dzire compact version. It'll trigger another increase in the used diesel cars market also. I was surprised to hear a 2005 Indica DLS with 75K on ODO will yield 1.7L in Kerala now. Last year same time, it was around 1.4-1.5L max for a 2005 Indica.
Old 18th January 2012, 10:17   #29
Senior - BHPian

The recession thread is active again and i hear that World bank is indicating tough times ahead with Europe in turmoil. Now the raise in car prices is completely weird at this point in time. Sales will be even lower and then companies would need to resort to discounts or finding newer means to cut costs, or pressurize government in cutting excise duty.

Don't these guys check some trends, as to what's happening in the economy and take steps accordingly?
Old 18th January 2012, 10:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi413 View Post
How I see it, Maruti is just cashing in on the popularity of the swift diesel.
That is absolutely true. the VDI in Bangalore comes to around 7.2 lakhs now. Thats way too high a price, and the petrol for my kind of usage (max of 1k a month) now makes way more sense, even assuming regular hikes in petrol prices as seen the in the recent past. I expected this to happen, and went ahead with the VXI, and now Im just watching events which I had predicted would happen in 6 months, happen in less than two months.

The high demand for diesel means that such price hikes would continue for some time to come.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks