Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2012, 22:48   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki & GM increases Car Prices - Effective 16th Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Chevrolet has not touched other models like Captiva, Aveo and Uva.
These are cars that would be phased out or a face lifted version is due and hence not touched its pricing!

Cheers!
Old 21st January 2012, 23:54   #77
BHPian

Re: The 2012 Car Price Hike Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Maruti Suzuki has indicated that it will be increasing the prices of its cars in India because of increasing input costs and depreciating value of Rupee against the US Dollar.

The price increased has been made and varies between Rs. 2,400 to Rs. 17,300 across various models.

The minimum hike of Rs 2,400 is done on the SX4 sedan and a maximum of Rs 17,000 on the diesel variant of its Swift hatchback.

The prices of Maruti Swift Dzire have not been revised as the new model of Maruti Swift Dzire 2012 is about to launch in early February 2012.

GM India has also increased product prices by between 0.5% and 1.75% for models including the Spark, Beat, Cruze and Tavera, translating into an increase ranging from Rs 3,000 to Rs 15,000.

Is this a beginning of the price hikes? The buyers may experience the price hikes by other car makers too?

Sources:Cheers!
Irish
thats not correct. I just had a TD of SX4 in one of the showrooms in Hyderbad and they have increased SX4's price by 16K. The On road in Hyderabad is 10.71 now. Seeing this thread, I had a small arguement with the sales executives there, but they categorically told that it's 16K increase on SX4. I have also checked with another Showroom and found this increase is correct.

A vehicle, which moves at a snails pace on Sales Chart, has now become dearer to its customers when the new Budget is just a month away, which rumoured to be another thrasher for diesel cars.
Will see SX4 taking a nose-dive the soonest

One thing for sure. From the TD, I will anyday say that the car is awesome. So called underpowered 90 BHP is not so. It has got all features and I liked the full size spare alloy wheel in the boot, which even the VW and Hyundai are not giving. At the spead of 120, it is dead stable on the road. It is also a head tuner, particularly in white colour.
Old 21st January 2012, 23:55   #78
BHPian

Sorry to Say that while most rave about Maruti's "great" customer service, but making a customer wait for 8 months and hitting him with repeated price hikes should also be considered as part of customer service. Also, they have confirmed orders from customers in advance, why can't they hedge against the input costs and the exchange rates. To me, its simply a reason to increase prices and rest of the industry toes the same line as they also get an opportunity to raise prices. On their own, i dont think that Chevrolet and Nissan can dare to increase prices unless the leaders make the first move.
Old 22nd January 2012, 12:58   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Major Car manufacturers shun price increase...for now!

" For the first time in 15 years, carmakers such as Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai Motor and Volkswagen have skipped their customary price hikes in January on constantly falling demand, giving customers a rare opportunity to buy new models at last year's price."

Cheers!

Car companies like Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai Motor & Volkswagen skip price hike on dipping demand - The Economic Times
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 13:10   #80
BHPian

Now that's a breather!
But isn't it Maruti already hiked the prices of its cars?
Most of its cars stand slightly overpriced now.
I hope new dzire is more reasonable.
Old 22nd January 2012, 13:20   #81
BHPian

Thanks Volkman. This is a good news. First we need to confirm about this from any SA.
As said if it is true news what about the customers who already paid the hiked price?
Old 22nd January 2012, 13:27   #82
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any idea if Ford is also expected to raise the prices of its cars, particularly the diesel Figo?

Couldn't find any news regarding this, so thought of asking here just in case somebody has an idea.
Old 22nd January 2012, 13:37   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Guys, any idea if Ford is also expected to raise the prices of its cars, particularly the diesel Figo?
Both petrol and diesel Figo costlier by 4k-10k as per discussion on Figo fanpage on Facebook.
Old 22nd January 2012, 23:42   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Major Car manufacturers shun price increase...for now!

" For the first time in 15 years, carmakers such as Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai Motor and Volkswagen have skipped their customary price hikes in January on constantly falling demand, giving customers a rare opportunity to buy new models at last year's price."

Cheers!

Car companies like Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai Motor & Volkswagen skip price hike on dipping demand - The Economic Times
Old new this is or the dealers are hardly bothered to listen to this or else this is a propaganda given to media.

I have yesterday bargained with the dealer, and he was not even ready give 1K discount from the already increased price.
Old 10th May 2012, 09:36   #85
Senior - BHPian

Maruti hikes the prices of the new Dezire by upto Rs. 12000

The country’s largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India has raised the prices of the new diesel variants of its sedan DZire by up to Rs. 12,000 from this month, citing input costs pressure.

“The company is feeling the pressure of input costs. To mitigate the impact, we have hiked the prices of only diesel variants of the new DZire with effect from May 1,” a senior Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) official said.

The company has increased the rates of the model between Rs. 8,000 and Rs. 12,000, he added.

Source - The Hindu : Business / Companies : Maruti hikes prices of diesel DZire

I was wondering how this news was missed even after a day, the hike was announced .

Last edited by rameshnanda : 10th May 2012 at 09:37.
Old 10th May 2012, 10:27   #86
BHPian

Maruti making the best out of the popularity that Swift and dzire are enjoying. I am sure people won't mind paying the extra when it comes to these two sub brands unless competition has any answer to it.
Hyundai, please bring on the Accent replacement or the sedan based on i20 soon !
Turbokick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 22:21   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota to increase prices, cites rupee depreciation!

Quote:
Toyota Kirloskar Motor announced on May 31,2012 that it will increase the price of vehicles by up to 2 per cent within a day or two to offset the impact of rupee depreciation. "There is a tremendous pressure on price due to the rupee depreciation. We are unable to hold on to the existing prices of our vehicles and there will be a hike in prices within a day or two," Toyota Kirloskar Motor Deputy Managing Director (Marketing) Sandeep Singh told reporters here.
Toyota car prices to go up| Zigwheels.com
Old 31st May 2012, 22:28   #88
BHPian

Its not Toyota I think the others will follow very soon. They just need somebody to start and rest joins in. I don't understand "they increase the price when rupee depreciates but don't decrease it when it appreciates".
But don't these manufacturers have localized their parts manufacturing?
Old 21st June 2012, 09:33   #89
Senior - BHPian

Seems Etios price got hiked by 35-40ish k this year! Wow!
Innova by 80ish ?
Wonder how much it will cost if they plan to bring that diesel tax thing.

Last edited by jkdas : 21st June 2012 at 09:36.
Old 25th July 2012, 09:54   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda announces price hike across all models.

Quote:
The price hike will come into effect from early August 2012.
Skoda India has announced that their entire range of cars will now be more expensive by about 1 to 1.8 per cent. The price hike will come into effect from early August. According to the company, rising input prices and uneven exchange rates have led to the increment in the prices of all the models.
Skoda announces price hike across all models
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks